Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are completely right. :blushing: That was stupid of me. Writing without thinking it through. My apologies to everyone.

bbm

Really? I must have missed that. She's out of her mind, clearly.

In the CNN interview I saw today she seemed a bit calmer, or rather: she looked completely washed out, weak and exhausted. No surprise. She also seems lost, clinging to every straw, it seemed to me. I imagine she's online all the time, trying to find "proof" that her sons are innocent. She was talking about a video she saw that supposedly showed or explained that the whole bombing was staged.

I don't think that she gets less info than you in the US get. Yes, there will be much less TV coverage but clearly she is online and follows the investigation and all the news on the web. (Like I do, for example.)
I' all try and find it - but there was a fascinating interview with the high jacked victim. He was the one who said they were talking in their language –and he said the only word he could understand was "Manhattan -- and this was several days ago.

I'm not sure why it's so important that he had a gun or not, if he shot at police or not when in the boat?

What did or didn't happen at the boat is only the result of seeds sown in Boston at the bombing, at MIT by the ambushing and cold blooded murder of a police officer, a carjacking at gunpoint and a shootout with police the night before where they exchanged gunfire and tossed homemade bombs at the police only to be punctuated by trying to run over LE with an SUV and getting his brother instead.

By the time they got to the boat who cares if he had a gun? They don't know if he has a gun or a bomb or an explosive vest on. If LE seems a little quick on the draw... yeah well can anyone in their right mind blame them? These people (LE) are not robots, their living and breathing people who were dragged through a nightmare scenario and had real genuine reason to fear for public safety and that of themselves. In the end I think they showed incredible restraint and professionalism under the circumstances.

10 years ago following 9/11 it would have been a sniper shot through the boat tarp then lets go see if he's armed

Please do not mistake my views as sympathy for DT. I only had one thought in mind that night, take him alive. We need the info, we need to have a trial and we need him to see justice, American style, and NOT be a martyr for the cause. No police officer is trained that it is alright to shoot at an unarmed suspect. Not only that, the command on the radio was shouting HOLD YOUR FIRE. What happened, and what should have happened were not in harmony that night. I am just glad DT survived. I know everyone goes with their emotion and says "he should be dead". But I live in America and we don't do that here. Not without a trial. Not only that, the prospect of intelligence was just too important to let emotion rule. Jmo.

I know they said it could have been a cell at first, but then I thought they said it WAS an R/C remote after collecting pieces of the bombs.

Maybe I'm mistaken.
I don't think it's mixed messages about the detonation device, I think it's updated information as the investigation unfolds.

Again, I could be wrong. I don't read every post/article.
yep

The latest reports are that it's part of an RC car or some system on that variation. (some senator or congressman briefed on the investigation said that yesterday) It's why they had to stay in the area, RC stuff has a limited range. cell phone they could have been miles away.

I just had the chance to watch the extended interviewof the shoplifter mother of the bombing suspects. Lordy, what a self-serving nutcase she is! For those of us who have spent a lot of time on another thread trying to figure out the personality disorder of Jodi Arias, well, here's another one to diagnose.

Histrionic, paranoid, delusional, but clearly enjoying the attention. Seems to be becoming more and more "Islamic" in each interview. I notice she did not wear the head gear in her shoplifting arrest photo. Oh, and she sure minimized that little problem when the interviewer asked her about it, didn't she? What were her words? "That is not important to me."

Hah! I hope if this idiot ever tries to set foot on American soil again that she is handcuffed by authorities the moment she steps off the plane!

--------------------

In another item of interest, I reexamined the photos of the interior of the bombers' apartment. Women's shoes can clearly be seen in two photos. Would these belong to the wife or the mother, I wonder? Two different female shoes can be seen in the shot of the sporting goods and then a pair of women's sandals can be seen in a photo labeled "motor oil found in house".
Also, in that second shot, look carefully at around the middle left of the photo, there is what appears to be a pair of very small sized female type shoes underneath a suitcase. Do these appear to be a little girl's pair of shoes?

This apartment looks like a pig stye to me. Old and dirty with beat up chairs at that table. If the American wife was actually living here and/or allowing a toddler to be living here, shame on her. (One story I read quoted a neighbor as saying she used to see the little girl looking out of the window.)

In my opinion, these people were all scum. Bottom feeders. Sucking off our resources and taking advantage of our generous nature as Americans.

The more I see of the mother with her very badly done penciled in eyebrows the madder I get!

-----------------

And another thing. The mother has herself convinced that the "naked guy" was her son. She is sure of it. Very sure. Because "I am mother. I know my son".

And another thing. The mother says she "saw a video" in which all the blood at the bombing scene "was paint". And she thinks it was "all a show".

I've not seen any "video" regarding this. I saw a still photo of Jeff Baumann, on the ground with his leg(s) blown off, with a written narrative stating that "here is where the actor puts on the prosthesis that makes it appear that his leg has been blown off" and that "all that red stuff you see is paint".

I personally find these writings to be obscene. That anyone could be crazy enough to think this up and write this type of garbage blows my mind.

And I'd bet that the victims surely wish it was "all a show". This mother is a full out nutcase. I am totally, totally offended by her saying "that was all paint" in referring to the blood of the many victims.

I am going to hope that we have heard the last of her. Because anyone who interviews her any further is doing a real disservice to all of the victims of these bombers - her two sons.

Enough!!
Pictures certainly do not indicate that this was a group flying high off of a disability check! IMO, TT was moving drugs big time. This explains the money source, these folks living in squalor while family flying back and forth, Mercedes, bombs, etc etc.

In the beginning is was kinda easy to buy maybe they just funded themselves. But we all have to admit now we are up to 8 bombs! Heck we do what tv says a bomb is like what 250!

I am a little confused why it seems that lots of folks are like "surprised , shocked, or you bad boy for dealing.

The guy is prepping to kill people, cost the nation billions etc and people seem to be surprised he IMO, he was a big time dealing which financed the whole thing.

Think about it - perfect way to stash money away - inteligence wont notice it - its hidden money - so "funding" activity (very prevalent in other cases)is inherently underground solely because it is for drugs.

$= DRUGS= Answer to $$ questions --- IMO!

WHo knows , maybe Russia has kick $$s weed!

It's already been reported by LE, they have video of the shooting, they ambushed him, shot him and tried to take his gun but could not unholster the weapon so they left. There was no other reason than to take his gun it appears

Yes that is the only sad reason why he got killed, they needed another gun, as they only had 1!! it has been confirmed the older brother had the gun that he used and the younger brother did not have a gun, NO GUN FOUND ON THE BOAT WHERE HE WAS CAUGHT, OR TAKEN FROM. They were not able to release the gun from the officer as it was locked in his gun Holder, so they left, as they were not able to release it. Very sad, just goes to show you, sometimes you are in the wrong place at the wrong time!!

Does anyone else think its weird that DT and his friend,"shared" a cellphone. I have never heard of anyone doing that. Especially people who don't live together.

I've heard of it, but never in a positive context, work clients in trouble, but usually they are not telling the truth. Trying to hide from either many GF's or detectives. I am not being mean with that statement, it just is what it is.

Whose phone was it? DT's or friends? If not DT's where is his other phone? He had one at the Marathon, he had to have a way for peeps to contact him for weed....

Please do not mistake my views as sympathy for DT. I only had one thought in mind that night, take him alive. We need the info, we need to have a trial and we need him to see justice, American style, and NOT be a martyr for the cause. No police officer is trained that it is alright to shoot at an unarmed suspect. Not only that, the command on the radio was shouting HOLD YOUR FIRE. What happened, and what should have happened were not in harmony that night. I am just glad DT survived. I know everyone goes with their emotion and says "he should be dead". But I live in America and we don't do that here. Not without a trial. Not only that, the prospect of intelligence was just too important to let emotion rule. Jmo.
OK good enough...

It seemed like you were more concerned with what the police chief said in the fog of the moment. I'm still not understanding why that's a sticking point. crazy 24 hours thousands of LE involved, reports coming in are going to vary, so the news going out is going to follow suit. nothing sinister just a fact of life in a high pressure very fluid situation.

My thoughts that night were please god don't let this guy kill any more people... to me taking him alive was secondary.

BTW I live in America too, all good.

Boston Marathon bombings: Injured Martinez boy, 11, visits site of tragedy

Surrounded by media, the 11-year-old Martinez boy had returned to Boylston Street, where 10 days earlier, he was one of 270 people injured when two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Three people were killed in the April 15 attacks.

Aaron, who needed two surgeries to repair injuries to his leg when he was struck by shrapnel, was healthy enough to return to the finish line. He and his family had traveled to Boston to cheer on his mother, Katherine, as she ran the race.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...on-bombings-martinez-boy-11-seriously-wounded

Anyone who thinks that a lot of money cannot be made by dealing marijuana is simply naive. I am not talking about the guy at the bottom of the chain who sells an ounce to a fellow student.

I am talking about the mid-level dealer who likely turns over numerous pounds of the stuff in a week. When located in an area like Boston, full of college students, this would be a lucrative business.

Now, SOMEBODY was higher up the chain than the bombers. I'd bet local police more so than the FBI are usually the ones who have more of a handle on these things.

IMO, an amazing and stunning amount gunfire - when I first heard it I thought "shootout" is ACCURATE! Talk about over kill - and the amazing thing is they did not hit him!

Makes me wonder if there was a loud noise like a vehicle backfire that caused LE to "jump the gun". Understand they were on a tight wire with no net!

Feeling so much over that last week+. I have been here reading (lurk) every thread and every word that you all have said. I respect each and every one of you.
As I try to wrap my brain around & understand what happened here, the one thing that I am truly sure of is that we are all victims. Yes, I mean all, even the suspects (No stones please)... With that said, this is my "shout out to YOU"! Websleuthers, thank you for sharing my love of truth & understanding no matter what your reasons may be.

Makes me wonder if there was a loud noise like a vehicle backfire that caused LE to "jump the gun". Understand they were on a tight wire with no net!

No, there were multi gun shots heard live on the news, right before the reporters went to the boat area. It was an automatic weapon. The reporters were standing on the street talking about the ban to be outside being lifted.

Ohhhhh....I have CBS Evening News on and got a load of this Mother of the Year screaming, beating her chest, slamming her hands down on the table.....what a performance.

She never ceases to amaze does she...

the cops were told to hold their fire and to stay out of the perimeter when they were approaching the boat. they did not fire on the boat at any time as far as I remember from listening to the scanner ALL day on Friday. I'd have to go back and read the scanner to remember if DT was firing on the cops from the boat. I think there were a few pops heard but it was unclear where they came from or what they were. But they were told to hold their fire. I know the boat has bullet holes in it so at some point they obviously fired on the boat, but I can't remember when. I gotta read the scanner to remember.

I remember that all police were told to hold their fire and that dummy rounds were about to be fired, and no one was supposed to return fire, while I was actively listening to the scanner that day/night.

I heard earlier that KRT is now using only her maiden name. Has she spoken directly to the Feds yet?

a different take on the father's "brain cancer" and traveling overseas to seek treatment for it:

Sitting at her kitchen table here, the suspects' aunt, Patemat Sulemanova, recounted from memory a complex family history involving a deportation by Soviet leader Josef Stalin, two Chechen wars, and a severe beating in the United States that ultimately brought the suspects' father back to this restive region in southern Russia.

The father's side of the family is ethnic Chechen, but they were among the many Chechen families who were expelled from the region by Stalin in February 1944 when he considered Chechens to be disloyal during World War II. They resettled in Kyrgyzstan, which then was part of the Soviet Union. It was there that the suspects' father, Anzor Tsarnaev, was born and raised.

A few years ago -- the aunt did not recall exactly when -- the father was severely beaten by what she described as a group of Russian athletes as he tried to defend another person from them. The beating left him with medical problems that did not improve with treatment in the United States.

Eventually, with his health failing and having lost a significant amount of weight, the father decided to come back to Dagestan in May 2012. Tamerlan, his oldest son, had just arrived there a couple months earlier.

Anzor Tsarnaev decided to pursue medical treatment, figuring that if he died, he would at least be buried here. The mother also moved in Dagestan a few months later because she was feeling homesick.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...ects-twisted-family-history/story?id=19012097

Seeing as they had just removed the "Stay in Place" order, it could have even been a neighbor's storm door banging or something else equally as innocuous. Those houses are very close together. Under the circumstances, some of these officers had been on the scene for upwards to 18 hours. So many of them had five o'clock shadows and I am sure they were tired, hungry, thirsty and on-edge. Not to mention they may have been shell-shocked from the previous night. Any banging noise could have set them off.

Anyone who thinks that a lot of money cannot be made by dealing marijuana is simply naive. I am not talking about the guy at the bottom of the chain who sells an ounce to a fellow student.

I am talking about the mid-level dealer who likely turns over numerous pounds of the stuff in a week. When located in an area like Boston, full of college students, this would be a lucrative business.

Now, SOMEBODY was higher up the chain than the bombers. I'd bet local police more so than the FBI are usually the ones who have more of a handle on these things.

You bring up a great point. People have pointed at the suspect falling though the federal cracks so to speak but what about local LE? I'm sure if he was moving any quantity he'd have caused a blip on the local radar?

interesting stuff all around, the next few months are going to be something to follow

Another note, some guy on CNN just now was ranting about the judge overstepping her bounds by inserting herself into the process Monday. FBI was supposed to have more time with #2 (48 hours, got 16) but for some reason the judge jumped in to fast or something.. missed the start so I'm not sure of the whole story

That's why I was so surprised when I heard that there where actual bullet holes in the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R