Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

what did FFs message say?
Not a great deal really, he expressed sympathy and was interested in the alleged mark on CB, could she describe it in detail, would she be willing to share details of the investigation , would she be willing to speak to him in Confidentiality. FF wants the right man convicted he says its not his client .The e mail was not a photo copy but JCs version of it with no date stamp.

Looked like it was written by a 9 year old , very unprofessional and quite possibly illegal .
I think that until it's proven CB was the person who raped HaB then she is treated as a witness. As such, the defence can approach her but she does have the right to decline to assist them (the defence). It's not illegal but not the norm. I think FF has trodden on a fine line between witness intimidation and a need for help for his client.

I think that until it's proven CB was the person who raped HaB then she is treated as a witness. As such, the defence can approach her but she does have the right to decline to assist them (the defence). It's not illegal but not the norm. I think FF has trodden on a fine line between witness intimidation and a need for help for his client.
Is it known whether it was sent prior to or after the charges were laid.

Is it known whether it was sent prior to or after the charges were laid.
It was sent in August 2020 according to OP article, citing HaB's lawyer Gabriella Rieke, so well before charges were laid.

I'm not sure I agree with that. She wasn't a witness when he corresponded with her. It would have been out of order had he approached her after the rape charge had been made against CB but prior to that, I don't think it's a big deal. It wasn't as if he was threatening her or making demands on her, merely asking for clarity re the account of her attack that she herself had put in the public domain.

I'm not sure I agree with that. She wasn't a witness when he corresponded with her. It would have been out of order had he approached her after the rape charge had been made against CB but prior to that, I don't think it's a big deal. It wasn't as if he was threatening her or making demands on her, merely asking for clarity re the account of her attack that she herself had put in the public domain.
He asked for the investigation files. Quite different from her account that was in the public domain.

He asked for the investigation files. Quite different from her account that was in the public domain.

I know, I read what he's alleged to have written to HaB. I'm still not seeing the problem. He's CB's lawyer, his client, courtesy of HCW claims, is seen widely as responsible for the abduction and murder of MM. With nothing to show for it on HCW's part after 4 years.

Is that fair play? Morally acceptable? No. So let's not cherry pick here as to whose behaviour is morally acceptable and whose is not. HCW set the 'moral' tone here. Let's not forget that.

Last edited:
I think the author is bigging it up, journalistic licence, what was it he wrote, perma tanned FF turned a shade of violet? seriously ?

An attempted abduction of a 4 year old with her family leaving the beach (Luz?) by a man on a motorcycle just one week before Madeleine disappeared. Another incident it would appear local police deemed unimportant and irrelevant.

An attempted abduction of a 4 year old with her family leaving the beach (Luz?) by a man on a motorcycle just one week before Madeleine disappeared. Another incident it would appear local police deemed unimportant and irrelevant.
The article doesn't mention that the VW camper was at the Dragon Festival-Orgiva,Spain, which ran from 16-19 March 2007

I take it no one proof reads the article before it's printed, and he wants to be taken seriously ?

Finally, it’s known he was on the move inland on the night of April 3 when Maddie vanished.

Tuesday, May 21st:
*Trial continues (Day 17) (@ 9am CET) – Germany/Portugal - Hazel Behan (20 @ time/now 40) (in her home, June 16, 2004, Praia de Rocha on the Algarve coast, 10 miles from Praia de Luz, Portimao, Portugal) - *Christian Stefan Brückner (Bruekner) (27 @ time of 1st crime (2004)/45/now 47) charged (Oct. 11, 2022) with sexual assault (suspect held a knife & brutally raped her. The accused then tied & gagged the woman to a table & raped her again. He then whipped the victim on the back with a whip he had brought with him & finally forcibly performed oral sex with the victim. The accused filmed large parts of the events with a video camera he had brought with him). Braunschweig Regional District Court
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - a 14 year old teenager (unknown victim) (on tape: assaulted/hit the naked girl with a whip. Said to have brutally forced the girl to have oral sex. The accused also videotaped this act). Took place between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006 on the Praia da Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal - *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - an elderly woman 70-80 yrs old (unknown victim) a Tour Rep (tied up & raped the victim in her holiday apt. He then hit the victim several times with a whip. The accused is said to have recorded the entire event with a video camera). Took place around the same time (between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006) on the Praia de Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - 10 year old German girl (Joana E.) (wearing only shoes & otherwise naked. He grabbed the child's wrist & began to perform masturbation movements on his naked penis). On Salema (Zalema) beach, near Praia de Luz, Portugal, April 7, 2007).
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 – Ines VP (11 year old Portuguese girl) (pulled down his trousers & underpants & made masturbation movements on his naked penis in order to sexually arouse himself, until the frightened girl ran to her father for help. The suspect was arrested on the spot by the Portuguese police). Exposed himself in playpark, São Bartolomeu de Messines, June 11, 2017).
Trial began on February 16, 2024. (And continued on Feb. 23rd, Mar. 1st & 14th, Apr. 2nd, 10th, 12th, 17th, 19th, 24th & 26th, May 2nd, 15th& 16th).
Next Trial dates: May 22, 23, 28, 29, June 4, 5, 6, 25, 26, July 5, August 5, 15, 16, Sept. 5, 26, 27, Oct. 2, 7, 8, 21 & Oct. 22, 2024. (Expected to last up to 8 months, it was 3 months).
Presiding Judge Dr. Engemann. Lead Prosecutor Ute Lindermann. Defense attorneys Dr. Friedrich Fülscher, Philipp Marquort, Dennis Bock & Atilla Aykac.
Brueckner is currently serving a 7 year sentence for the 2005 rape on a pensioner; was sentenced in 2019. Release in 2026.

Case info & charges & Brueckner info from June 1, 2020 thru Jan. 18, 2024 & Trial Day 1-15 (Feb. 16 thru May 16) reference post #622 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...imes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-3.708597/page-32

May 17, 2024 Friday, Trial Day 16: Prosecutor witness: *Hazel Behan [was working in an Algarve resort as a holiday rep] back on stand.
For more info see posts #630 (article additional info for 5/16) on page 32 & #660 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...imes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-3.708597/page-33
Trial continues on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 @ 9am.

Paywalled.

Christian B. - Circumstances, no proof, but question marks

Braunschweig. Trial in Braunschweig: Irin Hazel B. accuses Christian B. as her rapist. But their statement reveals contradictions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callumh804
Back