Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, she could have simply referred to him as Clint, or as Hailey's father.

They've been estranged/separated for how long now? Both have been or are involved with other partners. I don't think it's an accurate portrayal of reality for her to call CD her husband, regardless of the legal relationship.

CD is her husband in name only, unless they have reconciled & are living together as husband & wife, which I doubt.

I think she chose her words carefully, and for a reason, as I think she always has & does. MOO

Not disagreeing with you as far as your assessment of her and her possible reasons, just saying I didn't find that particular sentence as odd as some have and explained why. But I did find some of her other statements during that call odd so I'm with you as far as the BBM

IMO, she could have simply referred to him as Clint, or as Hailey's father.

They've been estranged/separated for how long now? Both have been or are involved with other partners. I don't think it's an accurate portrayal of reality for her to call CD her husband, regardless of the legal relationship.

CD is her husband in name only, unless they have reconciled & are living together as husband & wife, which I doubt.

I think she chose her words carefully, and for a reason, as I think she always has & does. MOO

Agree. She isn't even going by Dunn anymore anyway. It isn't a big deal to me but it caught my eye immediately and I found it strange. JMO

Is anyone else as bothered by BJD coming out last month with her newfound suspicions as far as SA being involved in Hailey's disappearance?

So a body is found in Scurry County, obviously the speculation that it might be Hailey starts immediately due to proximity.

We all wait months to hear if it's her, and just a few weeks before it is announced, out pops BJD with this "epiphany" that maybe SA is involved.

Makes me wonder all the more if LE has quietly behind the scenes been renewing their investigation and following up on leads based on the body discovery. Maybe something in LE's actions or their questions in recent weeks has caused her to suspect this identification was coming and she decided to further disassociate from SA by coming out with that interview.

The timing bothers me.

:bump:

For those who may have missed this on Page 1 -

Specifically, Billie Dunn's daughters' remains have just been identified. She is the mother of a deceased daughter. She has never been named a POI or suspect. She is to be treated as we would any victim's family.

The only thing we KNOW she may be guilty of is poor judgement, naivety and being gullible. She is to be given the benefit of the doubt. She has just been told her daughter is dead...Come on, folks.

Don't even think about going there with any bashing. It will result in swift TOs.

:bump:

I should probably remove myself from this thread because my posts today are reflective of me doing just that, giving her the benefit of the doubt.

As much as I can spare given the circumstances of this case.

happy sleuthing friends.

Is anyone else as bothered by BJD coming out last month with her newfound suspicions as far as SA being involved in Hailey's disappearance?

So a body is found in Scurry County, obviously the speculation that it might be Hailey starts immediately due to proximity.

We all wait months to hear if it's her, and just a few weeks before it is announced, out pops BJD with this "epiphany" that maybe SA is involved.

Makes me wonder all the more if LE has quietly behind the scenes been renewing their investigation and following up on leads based on the body discovery. Maybe something in LE's actions or their questions in recent weeks has caused her to suspect this identification was coming and she decided to further disassociate from SA by coming out with that interview.

The timing bothers me.

If Grandma Connie was right about her being afraid of Shawn then it could be highly possible that Billie was afraid to come out with it when she was with him. Now that he is out of her life she might feel more at ease and not as afraid of saying it.

I'm hearing that the man who found Hailey's remains, Mr. Curtis Lloyd, will appear in an interview tonight on KTXS-12 at 10 pm (Texas time, I suppose).

I respectfully disagree with you here. Oftentimes, domestic violence and other such related behavior is only known to the victims who experience it. I myself was exposed to such violent behavior as a young child when my mother remarried. The SOB could be the nicest, most charming person you could ever meet. Yet, he was actually one of the most manipulative, violent, and disturbed individual's I have ever known in my 42 years.

Another case:
My maternal cousin and her three children were murdered by husband and father in 2001. He did not have ANY history of violent behavior known to my family, his family, friends, etc. Just sayin'.

The problem with bringing your own personal experience in as a comparison is that in this case, it was not just SA and BD. DD and HD lived there too, so they would have seen whatever was going on.

The grandmother claimed that HD complained about not liking SA, basically that she thought he was creepy. So (if the grandmother is to believed), HD was NOT keeping quite. There was no mention by the grandmother of domestic violence or anything like as a complaint by HD, and you would think that she would have mentioned anything like that.

The kids dont appeared to have cared for SA, but there was nothing to suggest any domestic violence going on.

I just heard...:(
God bless ya, Hailey Darlene Dunn.
Sing a song with the angels for us, honey.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=330656

A detailed discription of Shawn Adkins and his "non-violent" behavior with a link to the affidavits.

That report is not correct. In the affidavit the collection is attributed to BD, it was printed off for both of them to read, not specifically for him. That is an example of how details of stories in the media become distorted after constant paraphrasing and rehashing.

The "its like killing a deer" comment IMO is an expression that a deer is defenceless and unsuspecting when someone hunts them, there is no honor in it. So, killing a child would be like that. I don't know how SA views deer killing in general, if he grew up in a gun crazy culture like Texas chances are he probably hunted before, but the connection was made by this Ostrander guy, it was not made by SA when he supposedly said that. That means it's evidentiary value is about zero. And it certainly does not indicate a violent personality.

The problem with bringing your own personal experience in as a comparison is that in this case, it was not just SA and BD. DD and HD lived there too, so they would have seen whatever was going on.

The grandmother claimed that HD complained about not liking SA, basically that she thought he was creepy. So (if the grandmother is to believed), HD was NOT keeping quite. There was no mention by the grandmother of domestic violence or anything like as a complaint by HD, and you would think that she would have mentioned anything like that.

The kids dont appeared to have cared for SA, but there was nothing to suggest any domestic violence going on.

A couple of things come to mind..1) Why would Hailey's grandmother not be truthful about what Hailey felt? 2) Unless we were in that house we don't know the true dynamics . 3) Are you a verified local? 4) SA is a gamer, he has been in gamer mode from day one. It isn't as much about violence as it is intent..he has gamed bd, LE and everyone else. IMHO

That report is not correct. In the affidavit the collection is attributed to BD, it was printed off for both of them to read, not specifically for him. That is an example of how details of stories in the media become distorted after constant paraphrasing and rehashing.

The "its like killing a deer" comment IMO is an expression that a deer is defenceless and unsuspecting when someone hunts them, there is no honor in it. So, killing a child would be like that. I don't know how SA views deer killing in general, if he grew up in a gun crazy culture like Texas chances are he probably hunted before, but the connection was made by this Ostrander guy, it was not made by SA when he supposedly said that. That means it's evidentiary value is about zero. And it certainly does not indicate a violent personality.

And I guess they were wrong about the child *advertiser censored* and bestiality that was found on Shawns computers and on a memory stick as well???? Sorry if I choose to believe police reports and reported facts over your "opinion" on these things.

With special thanks to links provided by new poster, OliveLeaf ... now a person can see how much Lake JB Thomas has dried up in the past four years.

I believe SA took Hailey's body out to Lake JB Thomas with the intention of dumping it in the water. That doesn't mean he tried to throw her out in the middle of the lake. All he needed was enough water to help hide and decompose her body. He may have even buried her in part of a semi-wet mud flat at the edge of the lake.

If you look at the two maps below, you'll see where water fingers of the southeast end of Lake JB Thomas have dried up between October 2008 and November 2012. Any one of those little inlets/mud flats could have been where SA dumped and/or shallow-buried Hailey. SA didn't count on our extended drought to reveal his handwork.

SA's previous residence was near (ironically named) Dunn, TX, which is only 17 miles due east of Lake JB Thomas on Farm-to-Market-Road 1606. SA knew the lake and that area well.

And while we're on the subject; most children are killed by their mother's boyfriends. SA made Hailey uncomfortable, and he was into violence and *advertiser censored*. IMHO, SA tried to rape or molest Hailey while he was alone in the house with her, and she fought back. She may have screamed out, and SA suffocated her to stop her screams. SA walked out on two polygraphs and failed a third. He is the last one to see her alive, and we know he lied about where he was the following morning.

Oh, and before someone goes off on possible sex offenders in the area who left after Hailey went missing, that was thoroughly checked out by LE long ago, and there were none. Don't you think if one of them did leave, it would have been a red flag to LE? You have no idea how small Colorado City is, or how sparse the population is in this area of the country between Midland/Odessa and Abilene. There have been no other girls who have gone missing, except for known runaways, in the past several years.

Hailey has been the focus in this part of Texas for the past 2 1/2 years, and I don't know of one person who believes it was some transient or a sex predator or psychopath. Most people are killed by someone they knew. Hailey knew her killer, and her killer knew just where to hide the body because he was familiar with the lake and the area. A transient would not have thought to take Hailey north to Lake JB Thomas, but would have left her on a nearby oil lease or ranch road. Means, motive and opportunity. SA had them all.

Attachments

• LJBT2008&2012.jpg
    LJBT2008&2012.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 53

You certainly pick and choose whose statements you give credence to. That "Ostrander guy" is Billie's brother, you know the one who David was sent to live with, when CPS investigated Billie and her home after Hailey disappeared.

He likely knows Shawn fairly well, as he and Billie were together for 2 1/2 years. If Roger thought the comment was strange enough to repeat, why question his motive?

Roger Ostrander, Hailey Dunn's maternal uncle, said that he and Adkins were discussing Hailey's disappearance. Ostrander said he could not believe that anyone could hurt a 13-year-old girl, to which Adkins replied that such a thing would be "like killing a deer." According to the documents, Adkins talked often about killing deer and cutting them up with a chain saw.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/inconsistenciesstrange-145hobbies/?print=1

You're right there was no proof any domestic violence occurred in that home, just a murder. I respect your right to express your opinions, but I think ultimately you're going to be proven wrong, in many of the things you have said in this forum.

Doesn't just the fact that SA's reaction when Hailey's remains were found compared with his reaction when the other remains were found speak volumes???

It does to me.

Watching the interview with Curtis Loyd now and he just said that there were blue warmups found with the remains. He said that pretty much did it for him and he suspected it was Hailey since that is what she was reportedly wearing when she went missing.

I disagree with the bolded statement. Some kids will talk, but others you have to pry information out of them. HD was talking, but we don't know how comfortable she was with what she was saying. She may have just been dropping hints and hoping her Grandma would step in or ask some deeper questions, so that HD wouldn't have to feel like she was "telling on" her mom. My experience is that kids can be very complex when it comes to issues of domestic violence or child abuse in the home.

Salem

I've updated the Case Archive for Hailey: http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/#/user/crankycrankerson/library/Hailey%20Dunn%20%20-TX-?sort=6&page=1&_suid=136711978741408041019814516609

There are now 4 subject-specific sub sections:
* the Search
* Memorials
* Who is it? (the 2012 un-id remains)
and the newest---
* JUSTICE- which I hope to begin filling with files soon.

For those of you who are familiar with my case archives, you will notice the format is changed. Not my doing, and I do not like it.

Now you need to go to the left drop-down column. Same for sub-albums, at left.

Watching the interview with Curtis Loyd now and he just said that there were blue warmups found with the remains. He said that pretty much did it for him and he suspected it was Hailey since that is what she was reportedly wearing when she went missing.

Oh, how sad. Where can I go to see that interview? :findinglink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member