MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have witnesses who got a good look at the likely suspect, couldn't the police just snap a few pics with their smart phones and send em over to the witnesses for their input. Or have the witnesses drop by the station for a quick id.

There are specific rules which must be followed for a formal lineup - which could be photo-based.

What if Jessica told her mom about "some guy that was stalking her." Or a "creepy wierdo at work." Then her Mom drops by one day and ran into the guy, Jessica confirming it was "him". That's something I'd deff tell my Mom. Especially if we were close. JMO pure speculation

Excellent point.

They would have to do a photo lineup for them to identify the POI correctly. Maybe they are working on that.

I don't think they are required to do a formal photo lineup if they don't have the time right now. That's more about getting the id admitted into court. In a time is of the essence situation, police will drive perps by witnesses (or vis versa) for quick ids to confirm/deny they have the right guy. And then do a formal lineup later.

I decided I needed to take a break and take my kiddo to the beach, but it looks like I missed some excitement. But nobody is in custody now? I just ran through everything I missed really fast and didnt click links, sorry.

Congrats ladies!! Hoping to join you in Club Pregnant very soon.
O/T
HeeHee "Club Pregnant" you can HAVE my membership, love. Good Luck to you BTW. I'm miserable and just can't wait for her to come OUT. LOL

11 o'clock news coming up, doubt there will be any new news we can't get online... I wonder if Chief Shaw is going to be on Fox17 or if he's too busy with the non-POI.

Ahhh me too! I'll take another test tomorrow. Probably will be a negative *sigh*. Best of luck to you!
O/T
Oh, it'll happen. I'm sure of it. I used the fertility calendar online both times and worked like a charm.

Those pics of where the van was pulled over are too small for me to guess a location. If someone knows how to blow them up, I can take a look and see if I recognize anything.

While we wait for news.........

Wouldn't you hide your van if you knew police were looking for it? Or is a gray minivan the most common vehicle in Western MI and the perp knows this and drives it without concern?

Are there storage facilities that he could be hiding the car and her? Are there cameras at storage facilities that might capture van pulling in to a storage space?

I would stake out cops at these places for a while.

In typical non family abductions does the perp typically live in the community, nearby, or far away?

I'm starting to think the person doesn't live nearby.

The article says they took him off site but not cuffed. Misleading headline. He has not been released.

Could someone link to the article again, saying HE HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED.
TYIA

O/T
HeeHee "Club Pregnant" you can HAVE my membership, love. Good Luck to you BTW. I'm miserable and just can't wait for her to come OUT. LOL

I have a 3 year old and STILL remember those last few months being rough. And the swelling. Oh the swelling! Hope things ease up!

Police: Don't share fake suspect sketch

Police say a Photoshopped version of the sketch they released Tuesday in the Jessica Heeringa case is circulating around the internet.

The image is altered to make the composite sketch look like the owner of the Exxon gas station where Heeringa was allegedly abducted Friday night.

Norton Shores Police have already questioned the owner and say he is not a suspect. Officers say the Photoshopped sketch is not helping their investigation.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/255036/2/Police-Dont-share-fake-suspect-sketch-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018