Closing Arguments- thread #171

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch break!

Oh JM, how do I love thee, let me count the ways! He's so brilliant, and from my count he still has three more hours he can use.

I don't know if I can stand to listen to Nurmi - it'll all be 'sex sex sex, he was mean to her, sex sex sex, he raised his voice, sex sex sex.

Juan is amazeballs!!

Just enough time to go pick up the kids and a pizza. :rockon:

Since she rented a 'new' car at budget she probably removed both plates to make it look like it was a new car awaiting permanent tags...many times they just give you a paper/cardboard tag with the date of purchase from the dealer that shows a short expiration date on it. We know the police don't have time to stop everyone with temporary tags to see if this paper is real or not.

He is nothing short of brilliant. I love his tone, how it flows together, the hints of sarcasm as she does deserve it! He is really great.

His ability to just draw a map and tell a story is perfection!

How long is lunch break 1-1/2 hours still?

Willmott is the most *unusual* defense lawyer I've ever seen. She makes all the others look like angels.

The judge should sanction her for all her facial expressions that she shows when she doesn't like what Juan is saying. She has done it throughout the trial and it shows a total lack of control and professionalism on her part. What an embarrassment she is....

Wow!

It's a total pleasure to watch Juan Martinez! :heartbeat:

I have cried, laughed, screamed at my laptop etc... it's like watching a great film!

Juan's closing so great I couldn't even stop to post. He just talks with the jury, making sense that Jodi lied to them. Proving premeditation and that Travis did not know she was going there. That's where felony murder comes in. She just did what she had always done, walked right into his home. that is burglary folks. This is so good.

JA and JW standing for the jury right before they sat back down and giggled like BFFs.

Attachments

• Closing arguements 3.jpg
    Closing arguements 3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 55
I'm convinced Juan got the CD point from WS's here. I distinctly recall early on some smart person talking about that exactly.

For those of you saying Counsel shouldn't object, I know noone will want to watch it now but this is a clip where Juan objected a lot through a closing argument. The objection at the end is priceless after the DT pretends to choke up with tears and says god bless you to jury, Juan objects and the DT snatches his papers off the desk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaFGq6bVtyg

That Faylene/Doug Grant story was so so strange.

Over 800 people gathered here in one accord...Justice for Travis!
I know that some may not be "believers" but for those that are...please say a prayer for this jury...they have a monumental task ahead of them. Please pray the Holy Spirit will guide them as they consider the evidence and render a verdict.

Lord Jesus,
We come to you in one accord asking for justice to be served for your humble servant Travis. Although he succumbed to temptation and stumbled, we know that he loved you and lived for you. We pray that Your Holy Spirit will lead, guide, and direct this jury to render a verdict that you approve of.
Please comfort and strengthen Travis' family and surround them with love and compassion. Please direct Juan in his closing arguments, let his words be Your words.
We thank you Lord for hearing the prayers of your people.

In Jesus name,
Amen

I cannot tell you how much this touched me. Thank you so much.

1st post

Bugs all over the license plate.
Squealing like a cat.
Hoards of skateboarders.

Can't make this stuff up.
I wonder if she had the plate off and in a panic after killing him put it back on upside down accidentally?

What a fantastic closing argument thus far!! JM is doing an unbelievable job exposing each and every twisted lie. He even managed to get a little humor mixed in. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding