Closing Arguments- thread #171

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stick them in ketchup, and you won't even notice the burn. lol

8701865339_03a77b8b86_q.jpg

In my defense, this was not premeditated. :jail:

I have forgiven HLN for making me sit through so many hours of commercials to see all of the testimony. I even forgive them for making me stay up until 2:00 am to see yesterday's final witness because they are allowing me to watch closing arguments without ANY interruptions.

Beth Karrass just said she doubts we'll see Nurmi today. She thinks Juan will be going all day.

If Nurmi goes tomorrow, will the jury start deliberations on Saturday?

not sure and not sure.

All I know is that I am glad Juan has the last. word.

Beth Karrass just said she doubts we'll see Nurmi today. She thinks Juan will be going all day.

So then when I FINALLY take a day off, tomorrow, I'm stuck with Nurmi??? Great. Just great.

OK I've got a question here .. Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them .. combine everyones experience on this board together and I think it would be pretty hard to find someone who had an incident where, one second there's a flare up over some scratched CDs .. and the next second your bent over a desk and he's giving you one .. anyone?

Oh .. and seriously .. What GUY gives a rats about some happy snaps taken on old trips with some stalker you can't believe is at your house after you thought you'd finally got rid of her?

Like I told my DH--I guess if you're dating a member of the Mexican Zetas and you're in danger of being beaten to death or beheaded, I guess Jodi's scenario would make sense. Otherwise, He!! NO!

The judge should sanction her for all her facial expressions that she shows when she doesn't like what Juan is saying. She has done it throughout the trial and it shows a total lack of control and professionalism on her part. What an embarrassment she is....

she should be sanctioned; i have never seen anything like it -- she truly is an embarrassment

I'm sure you all know this.....but HLN is playing all the closing arguments with no interruptions....seriously!

Its great, its really helped me cut back on my smoking! :facepalm: I'm a friggin mess over here!

I just popped in to say I think Juan is nailing it!! I'm so happy. So is hubby, lol. He's gotten hooked as well, just not enough to avoid working. He even served me a surprise breakfast of steak and eggs at my computer this morning as Juan started. ♥

Lol...I keep thinking how we are so exhausted from this trial, that the attorneys must be super tired (and families of course). Whatever we may think of them, we know Wilmott and Nurmi worked their you know what's off on this case, and no doubt about our Juan and Flores, along with countless behind-the-scenes people.

Yes, everyone involved with this case will need and deserves a week or two of rest and relaxation. And, regardless of the jury's verdict, Jodi has to know that her DT did everything that they could to defend their client even with so much evidence against her. :moo:

I wonder if Willmott will attend JA's lethal injection? They can giggle to the very end for all I care.

Nurmi has already distanced himself from the whole debacle...me thinks that JW will not be far behind once this is all over....

The judge should sanction her for all her facial expressions that she shows when she doesn't like what Juan is saying. She has done it throughout the trial and it shows a total lack of control and professionalism on her part. What an embarrassment she is....

I think that Arias making facial expressions hurts her more than it hurts the prosecutors.

It shows that JA can't control herself in a courtroom when she is facing the death penalty. Which, imo, makes her more likely to be the kind of person who couldn't control herself when her ex-boyfriend didn't change his mind about their relationship status despite Arias going all out sexually to entice him into doing so.

I think the kind of person who has so little control they will grimace and giggle with their life on the line is more likely than most to give in to base impulses like stabbing, shooting and slicing. She's acting like a little kid in the courtroom now, just like she was acting like a little kid who didn't want anybody else to have her "toy" when she killed Travis.

imo

By the way, skateboarders do not use screwdrivers on their skateboards while out and about. The skateboard wheels are attached with nuts and not screws, and you also don't need any tools on your person when your boarding.

And another thing about the gas cans and JA's gas prices issue. Let us use some simple math to debunk the price of gas excuse:

1) Assume the price difference in gas at one location and another of say 10 cents per gallon, and this is being generous.
2) Assume your gas tank holds 20 gallons.
3) If you fill up an empty tank with the higher priced gas (remember, a 10 cent difference), your additional cost is only $1.

So given the facts that the price of gas in Jodie's scenario is more expensive, why spend more money to buy a Walmart gas can and go through the hassle of borrowing gas cans from a friend to save a single $1?

Geez, her Starbucks coffee cost far more than what she would have spent on more expensive gas ($1 extra per fill-up), so if she wanted to save money, she should have taken her own in a thermos full of coffee.

Story just does not make sense when you look past her self-serving statement and look more into the facts of what her statement makes.

OK--I'm jumping in late to post, but WTH is up with the DT claiming she did NOT say she returned the gas can to that same Walmart? They acted like they had information & were being smug--Nurmi even objected to "facts not in evidence"--I remember her saying she returned it there.

Yeah, I heard that, too. They're probably going to say in their closing that she returned it to a different Walmart.. (Even though we heard the defendant say otherwise.)

You just know they're gonna pull some dirty scamming in their closing...

Very fluid delivery

Can't wait to contrast Nurmi's style to what we are seeing now.

JM has to pretty much go again and drive home the key points after Nurmi's drivel so teh jury is left with the truth.

No. Courthouse closed on weekends.

That's how they roll in Pasedena, Mom. God only knows what other tools they carry through the shopping center parking lot--maybe even sandpaper?

Fair enough. I will pray that these hoarders of snickering skaters don't begin forming gangs in NC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea