MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
could this be a reason LE feel confident that the sketch is a 10/10?

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/376881

"We're going to go toward (the) Grand Haven and Spring Lake area," said one family friend on Sunday.

The Chrysler minivan raised suspicion because it may have been there in the past.

"Other people have contacted them from other gas stations about a gray van pulling up to their gas station and just sitting there staring at the girls who are working inside. And then they take off," Shelly said.

Yes I am confused on the amount of witness' and are they reliable.

Chronologically:

1. GUITAR STORE DUDE: ~ 8 pm

approx 8 pm? Guitar store dude is at the Exxon, Jessica comes out to change receipt paper in the pumps. Dude in van drives up, but guitar guy can't see him. Dude in van--while still inside van--says something to Jessica like "What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be behind the register?" Jessica replies that she'll see him inside/help inside in a minute. Dude pulls right up by the front door and, presumably, goes inside to transact whatever with Jessica. Guitar store dude leaves, never sees dude in van's face, could recall his voice tho.

2. LAST CUSTOMER OF RECORD ~ 10:50 pm

Police tracked down and contacted this individual and they have been cleared.

3. GUY WHO CALLED 911 ~11:15 pm

This guy drives up to get gas, pumps aren't on. No one activates the pump. He goes
inside to see about getting the pump authorized. No one there. He walks around the building, yells "Hey" and eventaully calls 911.

4. CO-WORKER WHO WAS EITHER DRIVING BY OR SITTING AT THE GUITAR PLACE ACROSS THE STREET , between 10:50 pm and 11:15 pm

she claims to have seen a recognizable but unknown to her (?) 30's to 40's male in a
red or orange sweatshirt near a silver van either closing the back door behind the Exxon and driving off or simply driving off down a back road by a strip mall? This is the person who gave the description the sketch is based on. May have been with her husband? Details are difficult to come by for this one.

She doesn't say anything that night but comes forward in the subsequent days when she learns Jessica is missing to provide her statement.

Pretty much the entire investigation is premised on Witness 4......so. I kinda doubt the guy around 8 pm was the abductor. Prolly just another chatty dude with a van. But it's possible.

Auromyst, thank you for your service. Do you have any experience with profiling? I just ask because the profile you gave earlier seems very specific, and actually very likely, although I don't know too much about this field.

Thank you for your sweet post! No, I don't have any profiling experience. I started out in crypto maintenance and that slowly evolved to computer and network management over the years. Thank you, though, for the compliment! :)

I think what I need to do tomorrow is to go over there and park by the guitar store and take a picture of the back of the store from there. I cannot imagine you could make out someone's hairstyle from that distance even in the daylight, much less at night. Yet, the police based this whole sketch on the word of Jessica's coworker and her husband. But in reality, what else did they really have to go on?

I am in no way accusing anyone of lying or being involved in this crime. I am just trying to understand how we ended up with the sketch that we did. Either we are not being given all of the information (highly possible, I think) or something just does not sit right with me about this and hasn't from the beginning.

ETAA: When I say take a picture of the back of the store, I mean the Exxon station.

I think what I need to do tomorrow is to go over there and park by the guitar store and take a picture of the back of the store from there.

Would be interested to see a comparison between a daylight perspective and an 11 pm at night POV.

Chronologically:

1. GUITAR STORE DUDE: ~ 8 pm

approx 8 pm? Guitar store dude is at the Exxon, Jessica comes out to change receipt paper in the pumps. Dude in van drives up, but guitar guy can't see him. Dude in van--while still inside van--says something to Jessica like "What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be behind the register?" Jessica replies that she'll see him inside/help inside in a minute. Dude pulls right up by the front door and, presumably, goes inside to transact whatever with Jessica. Guitar store dude leaves, never sees dude in van's face, could recall his voice tho.

2. LAST CUSTOMER OF RECORD ~ 10:50 pm

Police tracked down and contacted this individual and they have been cleared.

3. GUY WHO CALLED 911 ~11:15 pm

This guy drives up to get gas, pumps aren't on. No one activates the pump. He goes
inside to see about getting the pump authorized. No one there. He walks around the building, yells "Hey" and eventaully calls 911.

4. CO-WORKER WHO WAS EITHER DRIVING BY OR SITTING AT THE GUITAR PLACE ACROSS THE STREET , between 10:50 pm and 11:15 pm

she claims to have seen a recognizable but unknown to her (?) 30's to 40's male in a
red or orange sweatshirt near a silver van either closing the back door behind the Exxon and driving off or simply driving off down a back road by a strip mall? This is the person who gave the description the sketch is based on. May have been with her husband? Details are difficult to come by for this one.

She doesn't say anything that night but comes forward in the subsequent days when she learns Jessica is missing to provide her statement.

Pretty much the entire investigation is premised on Witness 4......so. I kinda doubt the guy around 8 pm was the abductor. Prolly just another chatty dude with a van. But it's possible.
Just thought of something while reading your post. The earlier witness heard the POI talking to Jessica. Would his voice give away where he was from? Is there a western MI dialect? For example a person from WI, MN, Chicago, Boston, the south etc have a certain dialect that is recognizable.

Would be interested to see a comparison between a daylight perspective and an 11 pm at night POV.

Maybe you can ask mistergwriter to get the 11pm shot. I don't see me loading up my son and 2 nieces at 11 tomorrow night and hucking them over to take pictures! I will get you the daylight shots though. I took my camera when I picked up flyers the other day, but there were cops there and I didn't want to get tazed! j/k (sorta)

They have been asking for food and stuff for the family. We'll stop and pick something up for them.

Those poor people have been sitting out in that parking lot-facing the Exxon station-from sunup until sundown for a solid week. I can't imagine how hard it is to haul yourself out of bed every day and face it. My heart breaks for them. The stuff of nightmares.

Another thought, it would be cool if WS invited expert guests to join in on the forum for Q&A and to provide their insights into the case. Detective, criminal profiler, ex FBI , psychologist, etc

Just thought of something while reading your post. The earlier witness heard the POI talking to Jessica. Would his voice give away where he was from? Is there a western MI dialect? For example a person from WI, MN, Chicago, Boston, the south etc have a certain dialect that is recognizable.

Hard RRR's, d sounds for middle word t's, dropped g's on gerunds, and a very unique to Michigan pronunciation of 'A' sounds. How do you pronounce "Aunt"? Michigananders do
it somewhere in between "awntie" and "aintie".

Great question, btw. That the guitar store guy mentioned the voice as being that distinct to him suggests it might not be from the area? Like it's that distinct he'd know it right off.

FWIW, Tim Allen, the comedian/actor, is from West Michigan and his accent, at least in his early stand-up, is pretty typical for a Michigander.

Had not seen this before

According to Shaw, police are looking for a silver mini van, possibly a Chrysler Town and Country, that was seen in the area prior to Jessica's disappearance.

Shelly Heeringa said her daughter was seen "walk[ing] out of the store with this guy like there was no problem," but that there was a struggle when they got in the van.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/04/29/...ringa-disappears/3551367236384/#ixzz2SIN7TC7t

If this is a blog maybe it is not considered MSM and I should delete?

Hard RRR's, d sounds for middle word t's, dropped g's on gerunds, and a very unique to Michigan pronunciation of 'A' sounds. How do you pronounce "Aunt"? Michigananders do it somewhere in between "awntie" and "aintie".

If he is local, and the guitar guy is local, then the guitar guy wouldn't register it. If perp was not local, it's a possibility.

Had not seen this before

According to Shaw, police are looking for a silver mini van, possibly a Chrysler Town and Country, that was seen in the area prior to Jessica's disappearance.

Shelly Heeringa said her daughter was seen "walk[ing] out of the store with this guy like there was no problem," but that there was a struggle when they got in the van.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/04/29/...ringa-disappears/3551367236384/#ixzz2SIN7TC7t

If this is a blog maybe it is not considered MSM and I should delete?

It's United Press International though, not just some Joe Schmoe blog.
And I'm pretty sure I read this in MSM anyway since I have never heard of this blog before, and this is what made me think the whole thing was hinky to begin with. Someone saw a struggle, yet they just drove on home without reporting it or checking the station out? Not likely.

This is a couple hours away...I pray theres no connection...

https://www.facebook.com/WSBTNews?hc_location=streamHuman remains were discovered off County Line Road in Michigan City near the Town of Pines. According to the Michigan City News-Dispatch, police went to the scene near Chandler Road around 2:30 Friday afternoon. The remains were found on the northside near the railroad tracks. Police haven't released how the remains were found.

Yes, I'm sorry if my post was confusing... As far as I know there was only one 911 call.

I know I read one account that the first 911 call came in at 11:15 (from the man who entered the store) and a second 911 call came in at 11:16 (no details given). We brushed over that information. I'm not sure why we did other than discussing the first call took over as priority.

Who made the second 911 call?

Maybe you can ask mistergwriter to get the 11pm shot. I don't see me loading up my son and 2 nieces at 11 tomorrow night and hucking them over to take pictures! I will get you the daylight shots though. I took my camera when I picked up flyers the other day, but there were cops there and I didn't want to get tazed! j/k (sorta)

They have been asking for food and stuff for the family. We'll stop and pick something up for them.

Those poor people have been sitting out in that parking lot-facing the Exxon station-from sunup until sundown for a solid week. I can't imagine how hard it is to haul yourself out of bed every day and face it. My heart breaks for them. The stuff of nightmares.

anyway you could estimate how many family are at command center? I am going to send pizzas for lunch for them tomorrow, but I don't have a clue how many family members there are..TIA:seeya:

This is a couple hours away...I pray theres no connection...

https://www.facebook.com/WSBTNews?hc_location=streamHuman remains were discovered off County Line Road in Michigan City near the Town of Pines. According to the Michigan City News-Dispatch, police went to the scene near Chandler Road around 2:30 Friday afternoon. The remains were found on the northside near the railroad tracks. Police haven't released how the remains were found.

That is actually in Indiana, so I hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member