MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
it may just be because of Sherry Arnold in MO, and what I see in my "imagination", but the more I think about it and look into it, the oil fracking and sand mining boom industries in Michigan are likely areas the perp could be from. so he may be temporarily local, and maybe not immediately local. either a temp worker at Nugent sand or at another sand mining or oil fracking field nearby.
apparently, drugs, DUI's, and arrests are skyrocketing in areas where sand mining and oil fracking are happening. all kinds of guys come from all over to find easy money.

it may just be because of Sherry Arnold in MO, and what I see in my "imagination", but the more I think about it and look into it, the oil fracking and sand mining boom industries in Michigan are likely areas the perp could be from. so he may be temporarily local, and maybe not immediately local. either a temp worker at Nugent sand or at another sand mining or oil fracking field nearby.
apparently, drugs, DUI's, and arrests are skyrocketing in areas where sand mining and oil fracking are happening. all kinds of guys come from all over to find easy money.

Where would these temporary locals likely stay? Seedy motels that rent rooms by the week? Are there many such motels in the immediate area, and if so, could any local casually cruise through the parking lots and see if they spot a silver minivan? Probably grasping at straws, and hopefully something LE has already done, but you never know. JMO

Where would these temporary locals likely stay? Seedy motels that rent rooms by the week? Are there many such motels in the immediate area, and if so, could any local casually cruise through the parking lots and see if they spot a silver minivan? Probably grasping at straws, and hopefully something LE has already done, but you never know. JMO[/QUOT

There are 2 motels kind of on the corner of Airport Rd and Airline Rd. I mentioned them a couple of days ago. At least one is pay by the week/seedy. I really don't know if both are.

Guess what? I'm really excited (so excited I couldn't sleep). My friend works for the Forestry Service. He was mapping out some stuff yesterday (timber, deer) when I asked about his software which was super...He gave me the disc bc he doesn't need it anymore! He said the software costs $15,000! So, I'm doing the tutorial today! I hope I can learn to use it well enough to help in these types of situations! The software is called arcgis.

I am excited for you!

sounds like a very helpful tool!

:great:

Where would these temporary locals likely stay? Seedy motels that rent rooms by the week? Are there many such motels in the immediate area, and if so, could any local casually cruise through the parking lots and see if they spot a silver minivan? Probably grasping at straws, and hopefully something LE has already done, but you never know. JMO

I read that in WI they live in campers in RV parks, they camp on farm land, they rent hotel, rooms in houses, etc. there are housing shortages and rent gauging due to the influx of workers in some areas.

Where would these temporary locals likely stay? Seedy motels that rent rooms by the week? Are there many such motels in the immediate area, and if so, could any local casually cruise through the parking lots and see if they spot a silver minivan? Probably grasping at straws, and hopefully something LE has already done, but you never know. JMO[/QUOT

There are 2 motels kind of on the corner of Airport Rd and Airline Rd. I mentioned them a couple of days ago. At least one is pay by the week/seedy. I really don't know if both are.

I think Grand Rapids is close enough for someone to come into town. maybe someone trucking sand from Nugent Sand CO to an oil field elsewhere in MI?

I read that in WI they live in campers in RV parks, they camp on farm land, they rent hotel, rooms in houses, etc. there are housing shortages and rent gauging due to the influx of workers in some areas.

I believe the fracking thing has not really taken off here yet. There was just an informational meeting/debate about it at the community college in the last week or so. They are trying to get the public on their side before they commit resources, I believe.

That being said, your description of what is going on elsewhere does not make me too excited to have it happen here.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_10958_10969-248687--,00.html

Poor turkeys. :chicken: (Close as I could get.)

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_14518-30036--,00.html

Man, this is complicated - still can't find the official dates of the season. The above is about zones and times.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_14518-148773--,00.html

People can get limited licenses - still can't make out the official season dates.

I give up.

Maybe this will help, Woe...

:turkey:

:D

I agree... Poor turkeys!

Perhaps it was someone that had worked at the store before and knew the cameras weren't working.

This is one of the simplest explanations and an obviously possible angle of who the perp could be that I've seen presented. It would explain why guitar guy :guitar: thinks he recognizes the voice. (He said he'd recognize the voice but it could be that he recognized the voice.) It would also explain why the guy, if he showed up hours earlier when the silver van was noted, would speak to Jessica the way guitar guy reported to LE he did. He would be familiar with Jessica, the gas station, the jobs at hand, the rules, etc. So, 'hey, what are you doing out here?' fits.

Then, after speaking to Jessica, he leaves but cannot stop thinking about her. He knows there aren't any cameras, he knows what time the station closes, he knows what she'd likely be doing and when, and he knows he would like to have her but she (maybe in the past) rejected him. Maybe he begins to drink or takes some drugs and returns to the station at 10:55 p.m. and tells Jessica a lie concerning the gas station to lure her outside and then he overtakes her and gets her into the van.

Since LE doesn't tell us everything, the possibility of a previous employee being the perp seems logical and fits with some of the weird witness accounts we've heard. Also explains why LE may be taking the witness accounts very seriously. The only thing is, wouldn't LE be able to locate a particular person such as this one easily. I would think so and, by now, might have a good idea of whether or not this person is involved. Yet they haven't let on that they've made contact with sketch guy or interviewed him. So does that mean LE can't find him? Or have they found him but haven't pinned enough evidence down yet in order to arrest him.

:Welcome1: to Websleuths happy2bgrandma47.

This is one of the simplest explanations and an obviously possible angle of who the perp could be that I've seen presented. It would explain why guitar guy :guitar: thinks he recognizes the voice. (He said he'd recognize the voice but it could be that he recognized the voice.) It would also explain why the guy, if he showed up hours earlier when the silver van was noted, would speak to Jessica the way guitar guy reported to LE he did. He would be familiar with Jessica, the gas station, the jobs at hand, the rules, etc. So, 'hey, what are you doing out here?' fits.

Then, after speaking to Jessica, he leaves but cannot stop thinking about her. He knows there aren't any cameras, he knows what time the station closes, he knows what she'd likely be doing and when, and he knows he would like to have her but she (maybe in the past) rejected him. Maybe he begins to drink or takes some drugs and returns to the station at 10:55 p.m. and tells Jessica a lie concerning the gas station to lure her outside and then he overtakes her and gets her into the van.

Since LE doesn't tell us everything, the possibility of a previous employee being the perp seems logical and fits with some of the weird witness accounts we've heard. Also explains why LE may be taking the witness accounts very seriously. The only thing is, wouldn't LE be able to locate a particular person such as this one easily. I would think so and, by now, might have a good idea of whether or not this person is involved. Yet they haven't let on that they've made contact with sketch guy or interviewed him. So does that mean LE can't find him? Or have they found him but haven't pinned enough evidence down yet in order to arrest him.

:Welcome1: to Websleuths happy2bgrandma47.

I wonder if the owner has ever hired any males. Would be interesting to find out.

Again, a definitive tone. How do you know hunters aren't coming in from out of the area? How do you know they all follow the news? What does it hurt to make sure the word is out? Nothing! (ok, so lets just assume everyone knows everything....) Maybe the hunters noticed someone canvassing the area that seemed out of place? Anything is possible.

I agree...

even posters on WS.....or maybe I should just say I... Read, follow, interact fairly closely on this board... And I continually find new ways of thinking about facts and possibilities through the ideas of others...

Getting tunnel vision.... And not at least exploring new ideas... Can be quite detrimental to our goal of finding missing persons....

JMO

Maybe this will help, Woe...

:turkey:

:D

I agree... Poor turkeys!

Is he from the smilies here? When looking, I could swear I saw a turkey here before, just must have missed him. Gobble gobble. :clap::giggle:

I keep coming back here to check if she has been found. What a terrifying story. :(

Manistee is not too far north and has a lot of forest....help me out locals, is it federal land? And is it still true that any murder on fed land in Michigan qualifies for the death penalty?

I just looked up someone who I know for a fact has been in jail since right after Christmas, and it still says discharged on their OTIS profile. So be careful when searching someone in there. I think it lists prison details only, and doesn't concern itself with county jail.

This is true, you can sometimes use VINELink to look up people with active cases, but the updating is shoddy sometimes.

The shots were reported several days after J was taken but the shots had been heard on Saturday.

As far as we know the glasses aren't Jessicas. Still, I'd like to know that LE knows who found them. Instead of giving them to LE directly, they left them with media people who were on the scene. LE has not said if they know who actually found the glasses in the same general location of the reported gunshots being heard on Saturday, the day after J disappeared.

I'm worried that somebody purposely tried to mislead LE and that they were successful in doing so for one full day.

Your post reminds me of the diversion tactics Jessica Ridgeway's perp used when trying to mislead LE... (IIRC... He dropped Jessica's backpack in an "opposite" direction from where she was later found...)

JMO

Manistee is not too far north and has a lot of forest....help me out locals, is it federal land? And is it still true that any murder on fed land in Michigan is punishable by death?

Manistee National Forest actually is huge and not just in Manistee. I lived in Holton for awhile, and there was Manistee National Forest there. I don't know if that is state or federal land...well duh...I guess if it's a national forest it must be federal! Think I answered my own question.

Also, I know that if someone is murdered on national land, they are subject to the death penalty. There was a murder up there years ago. They couldn't prove she was killed on federal land, but she was found on federal land so he was tried accordingly. Let me go looking.....

Is it possible for LE to find out all cell phones that hit on nearest tower to the store at a certain time? Might be extremely tedious but who knows?

I wonder about that in Holly's case as well, especially during the fifteen-minute stop at the cemetery.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/Gabrion_case_headed_to_Supreme_Court

Here you go. This guy killed a young mother because she was due to testify against him in a rape trial. He was accused of raping her. She had a 1 year old daughter. The victim's body was found in the Manistee National Forest, but her little girl was never found. There has been lots of speculation about what happened to her. Very scary case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxxTraxx