MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muskegon has some wooded areas...but not THAT many...most of which has been hunted over the last week....

To be honest, I have no idea where they would search. There was no indication, other than a van, of where she could be. Where do you start with something like that?

I agree. I lived south of there for 10 years. There is not much they can do searchwise right now. I would imagine that this creep got out the immediate area right away. Lake MI is huge and there are so many other hiding places. I do know that lots of people are being proactive. I have friends in this area, and even 100 miles from where she was abducted, and they ALL have posted Jessica's missing poster on their FB page. That's a good thing.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringa_search_under.html

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/255096/2/Hoffmaster-search-for-Jessica-turns-up-nothing

After going through all the links regarding the glasses being found in Hoffmaster Park, I can't find any reference to the identity to the man who found them.

Here's a description of the situation taken from the first link:

"As police were arriving at the park to begin the search, an unidentified citizen turned in a pair of eyeglasses found in the park to a local TV news crew. . . . .

The search was spurred by a tip around noon Thursday, May 2, by a person who came to the NSPD and reported hearing gunshots around 7:30 to 7:45 a.m. Saturday, April 27, and seeing a silver minivan in or near the park around the same time."

Nowhere can I find a name associated with the guy who says he found those glasses. As a matter of fact, some of the reporting has morphed into 'a news crew found glasses that may belong to ....'.

Unfortunately, media reports today, cannot be relied upon for a true account of any released information. Unless Chief Shaw's words appear in quotes, forget about what you hear or, at least, don't take the information as gospel.

If someone can locate the video where, supposedly, the guy who found the glasses spoke to the media, I'd love to see it. Because just as LE was arriving at the park to conduct a search, miraculously these look alike glasses appeared, but the guy who found them miraculously disappeared!

Hiya all. I have been following Terrilynn Monette's case and trying to keep up with anything new in Kelli Bordeaux's and Kira Trevino's cases, so only this weekend had time to get to this thread. Yep, every post from 1st post of 1st thread, and I feel like I celebrated at least two birthdays in the process. Sheesh. But I was determined I wouldn't post here until I was caught up. Threads get so blown up by well-meaning people who jump in a case midway and then constantly ask questions that have been asked and answered ad nauseum already, and I didn't wanna be that guy. This case is so scary to me. It reminds me so much of Mickey Shunick's, and I pray for a better outcome. To all of you who have had such great ideas, and especially to you locals like Flutterby and misterGwriter who provide valuable insight that people like me, 1000 miles away would never otherwise have, thank you. I am so glad to see that the Secret Service is now involved, along with other agencies. I Know that NSPD is doing all that they can, but when you have to make patrol officers temporary detectives (who undoubtedly lack sufficient investigative training), it seems apparent this case has gotten too big for just one small department. I hope that I may in some small way contribute something to help find this young woman and bring her home to her son and loved ones..JMO

Sometimes I hate seeing tips numbering in the thousands. I worked a crime tip line some years back and people call in just to call. I am sure LE is getting plenty of calls about dreams, visions, neighbors with a red van, not a silver one but he is weird, etc...and so much time is expended to go through all of them. High number of tips does not equal solving a case...just look at Kyron Horman. JMO

I sincerely hope that the description of a silver minivan has not caused LE to have tunnel vision about this aspect of the case. The surveillance videos don't show the rear of the vehicle where a license plate might be used to identify the owner of the silver minivan. Since Jessica went missing, I have noticed countless silver mini vans when I've been out and about in north-suburban Detroit :eek: Without the exact make, model, year of the vehicle that might be involved, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. :moo:

Hi SteveP :)
Thanks for joining in. I agree everyone here has been most helpful. I've been involved for four threads now and I still don't have all my wits about me lol.
Last I heard Cheif Shaw was supposed to see if the local Meijer store had any concrete video evidence and it never re-showed or was never re posted. I do the best that I can to play catch up :)

Perhaps it was someone that had worked at the store before and knew the cameras weren't working.

Stacia Kalinoski ‏@StaciaKalinoski 25m
NS Police use cell phone tracking to dig up info on 35k minivans. Secret Sevice analyzes it. How it works @wzzm13 @6:30p. #jessicaheeringa

First :tyou: The Cheese for your up to date contributions. They have been extremely helpful to me in this thread.

Now so glad to see that Secret Service is in fact following cell phone leads. Hopefully they will be able to narrow the high number of silver vans down for their timeframe and match that up with an RSO, SOB, or person of interest.

LE really have their heart set on this silver van.

jmo

I know you all are just trying to help with finding Jessica. She is the victim and not to be discussed in a negative way with speculation.

Thanks everyone.

Perhaps it was someone that had worked at the store before and knew the cameras weren't working.

That is a great question and earlier I was wondering if in fact this was some form of retaliation towards the boss/owner of the store.

:Welcome1: happy2bgrandma47

:welcome2: and all new members!

jmo

Hi, i'd like to look through the photos of any criminals in the area and surrounding areas where Jessica disappeared. Could someone please tell me how I look at the databases which show the "mugshots" of theses people and the info regarding their crime when arrested. I'm in the UK and i'm not sure how access the sites.

I am unaware of a website that lists all criminals in the area. However, here is a site that lists Registered Sex Offenders (RSOs). Most have mugshots. You can click the Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC) number link below their mugshot to access their criminal history. Most have the MDOC link. Here is the link to the website.

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/

Just to note, Norton Shores is in Muskegon County if you want to search by county. Or if you want to narrow it by zip code, Norton Shores has a couple that I am aware of. 49441 is where the station is located. You can also search by city. Muskegon would include all applicable zip codes. I hope this helps.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringa_search_under.html

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/255096/2/Hoffmaster-search-for-Jessica-turns-up-nothing

After going through all the links regarding the glasses being found in Hoffmaster Park, I can't find any reference to the identity to the man who found them.

Here's a description of the situation taken from the first link:

"As police were arriving at the park to begin the search, an unidentified citizen turned in a pair of eyeglasses found in the park to a local TV news crew. . . . .

The search was spurred by a tip around noon Thursday, May 2, by a person who came to the NSPD and reported hearing gunshots around 7:30 to 7:45 a.m. Saturday, April 27, and seeing a silver minivan in or near the park around the same time."

Nowhere can I find a name associated with the guy who says he found those glasses. As a matter of fact, some of the reporting has morphed into 'a news crew found glasses that may belong to ....'.

Unfortunately, media reports today, cannot be relied upon for a true account of any released information. Unless Chief Shaw's words appear in quotes, forget about what you hear or, at least, don't take the information as gospel.

If someone can locate the video where, supposedly, the guy who found the glasses spoke to the media, I'd love to see it. Because just as LE was arriving at the park to conduct a search, miraculously these look alike glasses appeared, but the guy who found them miraculously disappeared!

Here is the link that shows the man who found the glasses.
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...a-heeringa-search-at-pj-hoffmaster-state-park

I am unaware of a website that lists all criminals in the area. However, here is a site that lists Registered Sex Offenders (RSOs). Most have mugshots. You can click the Michigan Department of Corrections (MDOC) number link below their mugshot to access their criminal history. Most have the MDOC link. Here is the link to the website.

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/

Just to note, Norton Shores is in Muskegon County if you want to search by county. Or if you want to narrow it by zip code, Norton Shores has a couple that I am aware of. 49441 is where the station is located. You can also search by city. Muskegon would include all applicable zip codes. I hope this helps.

This might help.
http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2.html

Part of my frustration stems from personally seeing TAH in a silver town and country yesterday....he lives within 5 minutes of this gas station, I have reported to the police but still waiting...

He's the only RSO we have been able to connect to a silver town and country that im aware of?

Did you call the Silent Observer line?

Ask anyone from the muskegon area on here....it is extremely unlikely he worked his *advertiser censored* off to climb a huge sand dune dragging or carrying her body, or forced her to walk into the dark night, leaving his car illegally parked on patrolled roads.

Any area close by that could conceal a body has been accessed over the last week by summer-enthused residents getting out for some sunshine-
I agree it is a long shot. The trails surrounding is good. I don't frequent that particular beach, but there are interesting things around our Great Lake. I.E. caves, gullies, forest, streams. I believe it is just a point of interest.

That being said, we have no clue what this guy is willing to do. He obviously is different than the average citizen.

Fred Ploughman found the glasses. He tried to take them to LE but it was closed. So he gave them to news media the next day as he had an appointment and couildnt wait for LE.

I just looked up someone who I know for a fact has been in jail since right after Christmas, and it still says discharged on their OTIS profile. So be careful when searching someone in there. I think it lists prison details only, and doesn't concern itself with county jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot