MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So odds are the perp is from MI. If vehicle had out of state plate he would stand out and be more recognized

The problem is the people at the station do not fully undertand English. The police chief said if she had a cell phone they could tracket it. (For those at 13
this means she did not have one)

I thought I remembered either the police or Jessica's fiance saying that their only cell phone stayed home with him that night. Anyone else remember this?

So with each passing day what are the odds he is caught? Unfortunately I think we are below 50% now

So with each passing day what are the odds he is caught? Unfortunately I think we are below 50% now

They're pinging the cell towers on all active phones in the area with the help of the FBI so I'd say it'll be any day now since they can narrow it down to a one mile radius at that exact time window. What they didn't tell you was that your phone also pings the tower whenever your service switches, your apps update, and when it needs to update the date and time. All this is done automatically without any need to make/receive calls or texts. Pretty neat huh?

They're pinging the cell towers on all active phones in the area with the help of the FBI so I'd say it'll be any day now since they can narrow it down to a one mile radius at that exact time window. What they didn't tell you was that your phone also pings the tower whenever your service switches, your apps update, and when it needs to update the date and time. All this is done automatically without any need to make/receive calls or texts. Pretty neat huh?
Doesthe phone have to be turned on for this to occur?

Doesthe phone have to be turned on for this to occur?

Yes. It has to be on to update. But if you think about it, 9 chances out of ten people aren't wearing a watch because they check the time on their phone. So I'm betting the phone was on at the time. If the kidnapper had a cell phone; they'll find him.

I wonder if they misreported, now they are saying it was not hard to find JH cell phone she left behind at the store... I thought she did not have one at the store... so many conflicting reports....IMHO

It may be the phone of a poi that they're analyzing. They may have a poi in mind and they're getting all their eggs in a row to include checking out his phone pings.

I have a very sinking, sick feeling.

Thanks everyone who pointed me in the direction of the man who turned those glasses in. I see he briefly appeared on camera while talking to the reporter. He sort of looks like an older version of the sketch. He's involved with a machine shop south of the gas station. Enough about him, anyway I'm sensing something icky and strange.

I thought I remembered either the police or Jessica's fiance saying that their only cell phone stayed home with him that night. Anyone else remember this?

I went back and found this. It is a news report from the day after she disappeared, and it is clearly reported that she had no cell phone because it was with her fiance. They were interviewing him for the report, so I have to believe the info came from him. To now say her cell phone was left behind at the station leads me to believe it is possible that she did indeed have another one, as her fiance surely knew if he had the only one he was aware of...JMO

ETA If she was working alone and a cell phone was found, if it wasn't hers, then whose?

Missing Norton Shores Woman - YouTube

Maybe they found a different cell phone at the station (like Woe said) and they didn't tell anyone because it's key evidence? So much for the secret weapon huh? If they clone HIS phone and download the data, they can probably use towers to trace what route it came from. That would explain the U-turn the van took. If he left his phone behind, and went back to retrieve it, then saw someone at the store; then decided not to go back. What a mess. My own speculation and opinion of course.

I remember the story. He killed her, put her in a lake, and her baby was never found. Seems like it was in Newaygo County - is that the Manistee Natl Forest?

you mean he killed her baby too? :stormingmad:

I went back and found this. It is a news report from the day after she disappeared, and it is clearly reported that she had no cell phone because it was with her fiance. They were interviewing him for the report, so I have to believe the info came from him. To now say her cell phone was left behind at the station leads me to believe it is very possible that she did indeed have another one, as her fiance surely knew if he had the only one he was aware of...JMO

Missing Norton Shores Woman - YouTube

Thank you! I knew I saw that somewhere. As sketchy as the reporting has been though, I would like confirmation that she did indeed leave a cell phone at the gas station. I don't think I will really believe it until I hear it directly from LE or the family.

Maybe they found a different cell phone at the station (like Woe said) and they didn't tell anyone because it's key evidence? So much for the secret weapon huh? If they clone HIS phone and download the data, they can probably use towers to trace what route it came from. That would explain the U-turn the van took. If he left his phone behind, and went back to retrieve it, then saw someone at the store; then decided not to go back. What a mess. My own speculation and opinion of course.

What u-turn?

What u-turn?
Oh gosh...that was a WAAAYYY earlier thread post..there was a map made (I don't do the maps) that said someone saw the van make a u-turn at an intersection. I want to say thread one or two?

you mean he killed her baby too? :stormingmad:

Nobody knows for sure. The baby was never found. Also, 3 men that he knew disappeared around the same time. One was a friend of Rachel's and also a witness to the rape. Another one, the killer had been cashing his social security checks. This was a really bad dude. I wouldn't put it past him to kill a baby, but there is speculation that she was taken out of state and possibly sold.

Sounds promising but they are focused on cross referencing that van again. :doh: I hope that isn't ruling out other leads.

Either they have something much stronger that they aren't releasing than a weirdo flirting with her two hours earlier in a gray van to make it such a focus, or maybe they want the perp to be lulled into security because he doesn't have a van. :please:

The police interviewed an older man on (blank day) and then he returned the following day for further interviews. Wonder what all that was about - anybody have a clue?

I sense they have a poi in mind because there's not enough activity this early on for them to appear this laid back. They're working behind the scenes to prove their hunches. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny