penalty phase #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. It's not about 'pleasing' us though. Nothing about a murder can please anyone. I just find it terribly ironic that the people who want a calm proceeding where the convicted behaves themselves are at odds with the ones who want the convicted to emote and be upset. And when she does either (or both), it's wrong.

I think that's bizarre, personally. I don't care what she does as long as she doesn't interrupt the proceedings and as long as this phase can move forward smoothly and as long as this case ends before the year is out.

I actually agree with what you are saying.

I understand that the law allows her the right to speak. I just really, really hope that she does not trash Travis Alexander anymore.

I also hope that she does not prattle on about irrelevancies, such as her artwork, just simply tells the truth and if she feels any remorse at all, says truthfully that she regrets her actions and how much she has hurt everyone.

That is really the only thing that I would want to hear from her at this point.

Then I just want her to be forgotten.

I'm confused...Jean C of HLN just told Vinnie P (?) that she

"I watched the jury and, I was very surprised to tell you the truth, I didn't see one tear"

I thought someone had reported seeing jurors crying...WAT ?

Wild reshowing Jodi sitting there with her mouth opened like a fish,playing to the jury. I'd love for all of them to turn and look right at her. Watching Jodi and her performance really pisses me off. Jodi only cries for Jodi.

they never once said "jodi" not once....

haha jodi...they don't care about you.

I lost my breath when Steven started speaking and am just getting it back now...

Me too. I foolishly tried to watch this at work and couldn't function. I so wish I could be there to help them stand up for Travis. This was just too close and personal.

I've kept pretty quiet before now, but I too lost my brother to the hand of an evil woman. This was 18 years ago. Although my family and I suffered through the agony of a trial, unfortunately justice was never delivered as the wrong person was accused. We knew this and defended that person. We have finally found peace in accepting that she, the real killer, will face the ultimate justice before God (yes, we know who she is).

But watching the emotional impact statements of the Alexander family has broken my heart once again. I pray for their peace and comfort. This trial will not heal their wounds, it is only the very first stepping stone they will climb towards peace. The memories they will need to cherish for the rest of their lives still bring much sorrow. Time will tip that scale towards the feelings of warmth and joy that Travis must have blessed them with.

Yep, that's about the size of it. The murderess can please none of us.
The only things she could initiate that may cast her in a better light IMHO:
1. stop blaming her rotten behavior, this murder, and her sad life on everyone else.
2. Tell the complete truth and account for what happened to Travis.
3. Genuinely show remorse for her violent assault upon Travis
4. Right the wrongs and account for the lies told about Travis in a public forum.

While these things wouldn't excuse her murder, they would begin the process of personal responsibility, healing and resolution. Shame on this . Her tears now, if any, are yet another manipulative, attention seeking effort on her part to redirect the jury's focus away from what's important, (the Alexander family's words) and onto herself. This murderer surpasses the limits of vile rancidness embodied.

Like all of you, tears flowed...the statements were brutally honest and yet beautiful...for in their words, the brought Travis back to life...if even for a few moments...and it makes my heart cry...

It occurred to me that Jodi's tears were very real, for the mystery about what may have been the precipitating factor to the May messages and anger, that she did not know until today( the look on her face told that story), was that while she thought he was out playing around, and ignoring her...in reality, he was visiting his sister...and no less...did not make ay attempt at seeing her...so while he is not here today in body, to truly tell her how little he thought of her, by then....
They told her who mattered to him...the photos of Samantha told her, who mattered...so her tears may just have been very real..for in the end, Travis is getting the final word.

How incredibly inspiring his legacy is....

That was truly heart wrenching. So now I feel the need to lighten the mood, if possible. On Sunday, my wonderful husband gave me a Mother's Day card. On the flap of the envelope, he wrote, "Justice for Travis! Justice for Travis!". And he doesn't even watch the trial. We all want ultimate justice for you, Travis!!

re js'a latest tweet..

she ought to have chosen this..(he was a Mormon leader)
“What we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are — and who we will become.”
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

We all know who and what she became..

I did not expect to have such a strong reaction to the impact statements. I found myself weeping and willing strength to Stephen and Samantha while they spoke. When Samantha spoke of the ringing in her ears and stinging in her stomach, I sadly know that feeling all too well. It's something I wouldn't wish anyone to have to experience. I'm so sad today for them all. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Travis Alexander. My hope for them is that they can continue on with their lives now and have beautiful, successful, and fulfilling lives full of love and joy.

The defendant in this case doesn't matter any more as far as I'm concerned. I don't care what her "friends" have to say about her, I don't care if she's crying, glaring, doodling, adding juicy bits to her "manifesto", none of it matters. The silence of her own parents, siblings and any family speak louder than any "friends" she can claim to have. How gut wrenching must it be for her mother to sit in the court day after day supporting her daughter, going to the prison to visit her daughter, only to have that same ungrateful, manipulative, spiteful daughter turn around and say that her mother was never there for her throughout her childhood and adulthood? I am absolutely stunned at the gall of the defendant as she is only loyal to her deluded self. If I weren't a mother myself, I would not understand why her mother continues to be there.

Great post Rhozwen and welcome to our group!

:wagon:

Can we all stop getting carried away by this alleged "throat-slashing gesture"??

She was simply wiping her chin, which for the first time in this trial actually had tears on them. Not to say that she wasn't just crying for herself, or to save herself, but let's keep things in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000