penalty phase #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how JA lied about it in the post-conviction interview, she calls all the shots. She is in charge. She can lie in the future and throw Nurmi and Willmott even further under the bus but have no doubt, she is the boss.

Wondering if Jodie DIDNT want her too. She's the lead DT ya know?:seeya:

Was it just me or was JA laughing during Travis' sister's impact statement?

So glad you questioned that also. I told hubs at one point 'I think she is actually laughing instead of crying!' It was really odd.

Can we all stop getting carried away by this alleged "throat-slashing gesture"??

She was simply wiping her chin, which for the first time in this trial actually had tears on them. Not to say that she wasn't just crying for herself, or to save herself, but let's keep things in perspective.

I have no idea about meaning of the "gesture", it doesn't matter to me, honestly. I don't buy the tears, sad face, or anything else she does. It's all 5th rate acting.
I only care about the victims, their statements, and justice.

How old was Daryl when he got together with Jodi? She was 27 when she killed Travis, and so around 25 when she met him, she went out with Daryl for 4 years, so I've got her down to 21 .. that's pretty young ..

Daryl said he was fifty two when he was on the stand.

why was she concealing her mouth like that? her cheekbones looked as though she was laughing...

she's so sick...they should just pull the plug on this thing, this demon, this putrification...

Her tears are real because she knows NO family member of hers will be taking the stand to say such loving, proud, heartfelt statements about her. Just the guy she borrowed gas cans from and dumped for Travis and an incoherent childhood friend.

Steven and Samantha showed so much dignity and class. They kept the focus on Travis, made it positive and took the spotlight away from the murderer. Hugs to them and the rest of the family too.

Me too. I foolishly tried to watch this at work and couldn't function. I so wish I could be there to help them stand up for Travis. This was just too close and personal.

I've kept pretty quiet before now, but I too lost my brother to the hand of an evil woman. This was 18 years ago. Although my family and I suffered through the agony of a trial, unfortunately justice was never delivered as the wrong person was accused. We knew this and defended that person. We have finally found peace in accepting that she, the real killer, will face the ultimate justice before God (yes, we know who she is).

But watching the emotional impact statements of the Alexander family has broken my heart once again. I pray for their peace and comfort. This trial will not heal their wounds, it is only the very first stepping stone they will climb towards peace. The memories they will need to cherish for the rest of their lives still bring much sorrow. Time will tip that scale towards the feelings of warmth and joy that Travis must have blessed them with.

ExigentPlan, I am so, so sorry you lost your brother! How horrible for you (and for the wrongly accused person).

You're right, the killer will get justice in the next life if not in this one.

JMO
Is Patty the one that was on NG and sounded drunk? If so, she really should reconsider this. There is nothing she can say that makes what Jodi did to travis better?

This cannot go well no matter what she says.

The only thing that could have helped is if Jodi would have thrown herself at the mercy of the court from the very beginning and had true sorrow. But since that has not happened, this is not going to be good for anybody to try to talk for her.

(BBM) Patty sounded stoned when she was speaking with NG... And when NG asked her what she thought about JA growing pot on her parents' roof when she was in the 8th grade, she said (sounding stoned): "I'm not gonna comment on that." And yes, NG had a certain look of disdain in reaction to Patty's answer.

Time to walk The Puggles and have some much needed puppy time :) Be back in a bit. If I can stomach the drivel that's about to come forth.... :)

I wonder if he'll want his face hidden again, that'll come across as downright creepy .. yeah, I'm here to speak for my ex GF, please don't show my face.

(I know the reason, but his photo is out there anyway so what's the point?)

For some reason, I thought he hid his face so his son would never seen him testify for this murderess. The boy must be around 13-14 now. How terrible for him if he sees his father on TV testifying for a murdering psychopath! DB doesn't sound like 'father of the year'!

On HLN Jean C said she did not see one tear from the jury during VIS.

All I will say is Jean C needs to retire! I would say alot more but I do not want a time out!:banghead:

Wait a darn minute, after watching CMja supposely crying at the end I now notice her tissue to her nose always brings big gobs of wetness to her blouse. They aren't tears from her eyes after all?

Her nose runs when she cries. She may not shed tears like most people...she's been doing the nose-wiping during the entire trial.

Her nose runs when she cries. She may not shed tears like most people...she's been doing the nose-wiping during the entire trial.
Maybe. I'm thinking she's allergic to truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod