Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
BINGO!!
Argue THAT point Nurmi.
If anyone has turned this trial into a circus and dragged it out in the media - it's the defendant.

I don't believe for a moment the case would have the audience it has if it wasn't for the interviews she did.

yes, but he was detailing his crimes. and he killed a lot of people so it took a long time.

Not to mention that he thoroughly enjoyed those long drawn out descriptions. He was smiling and acting very matter of fact like he was bragging.

If the crazy defendant doesn't want them on the stand, that's the end of discussion.

I sort of shrug off most comments here about mistrial because the perception here is often that any little thing causes a mistrial. No lawyer here, but family barging through the gate to scream about how wonderful Jodi is without being on the witness list - that would probably be a mistrial. A lawyer putting someone on the stand to testify for character when the defendant does not want that person there - mistrial.

And maybe they don't want her saved. There's always that.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. I don't believe there were any death threats, it just doesn't make sense, unless JA's family is making them.

Well, first of all this was stated by the prosecutor today in court. It is neither gossip or meanness. It's part of the court record. It is a tip of the iceberg regarding what took place under questioning by JM last Thursday where the witness refused to answer questions and took the 5th. Another witness, again, takes the 5th.

When you have done crimes your life is an open book. There is no such thing as privacy because it is all online. It's a court of law where fabricating a story is not an option but the truth is a requirement by law. Lying under oath is a crime.

I get it, especially for the convicted murderer. What can thwart the process though, is when everyone online and in the general public starts mobbing and digitally thrashing any person who dares step up to speak on behalf of the one convicted.

If someone wants to stand before the court and share their experience of time with the Murderer they should be reasonably free from having their personal lives and details picked apart and posted as they are unrelated to the case at hand.

Why should her personal issues matter if she's only wanting to share some simple statement with the court? For example:

"While the things of recent are rotten and bad in my former friend's case, the convicted person didn't seem like this when we hung out long long ago. You see, during the month of April in 1986, Jodi was my BFF and we played hopscotch and zelda till midnight during a slumber party. She didn't try to stalk and kill anyone during that month. I never thought we would be here today. Thank you."

We all know Jodi exceeds the boundaries of vileness. Thrashing anyone associated with her: family, friends, teachers, coworkers, boyfriends, even her former childhood era friend(s), seems like an example of less than polished form. IMHO. We can respectfully doubt, disagree with and even ignore sources of info without crossing over the line that differentiates acceptable civil activity and hostile abusive behavior.
:truce:

Stephen and Samantha Alexander were dressed nicely when they presented their victim impact statements. I wonder if Jodi will get "dressed up" and have her hair fixed differently for her final appearance before the jury. :moo:

Maybe tomorrow is shower day so she could have her hair washed for it.

After this morning's hearing, can we polish up the mitigation factors list?

Yeah, doesn't that remove a couple? Oh and can a defendant include 'legal team infuriating judge and jury' as mitigators, perhaps in the 'unspecified mitigators' section?

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 2m

It was explained to me #jodiarias family can't testify as they've been seated in the courtroom during trial. Per Victim Advocate.

ETA - but if that is true, how could Patti have been able to testify?

that's what i was going to say. patti was there at least once. as far as i know, JA's sister, brother and dad have only been there one day too, before today.

so i don't get it.....

Not to mention that he thoroughly enjoyed those long drawn out descriptions. He was smiling and acting very matter of fact like he was bragging.

I'm not going to go back and look first. I'm going to guess you're talking about BTK. There aren't words to describe how vile he is.

I don't trust the State page for personal reasons. IF they wanted to thank the page, they would have posted it -- instead of having the State page copy and paste. I've seen over 4 different Pay Pal funds for TA. That really bothers me.

Just my opinion - please don't throw tomatoes.

Mel
I've no reason to doubt that message from the page itself is genuine. The FB group has tried very hard to help Travis's family and for a long time, and still often the 'original' account details were clipped to the page. There's been a couple of trolls on there that have certainly stirred up things but for a group that big now, they wouldn't make up a message.

If the message had been posted randomly in 'others' I could see where you are coming from possibly but not this message.

Yes, and she has worn different outfits nearly every day, and wears makeup ...

Lots of outfits and lots of makeup and don't forget about the jewelry.

But seriously, IIRC HLN reported on CMJA's jail visitor list several weeks back and the mit. spec had visited with JA quite often. Like you said, it's not just JW and KN, MdLR played an important part throughout the case and if there was a strategic failure, she is to blame as well. She and JA have been buddy-buddy, cuddly-cuddly, kissy-kissy all along so I would imagine she has a delusionally spun perspective of her client and I can't figure out why or how she hasn't been able to get family and friends to testify. Or how she's been unable to put together a case at this point. That's her entire job.

Mark Klaas at Richard Allen Davis sentencing hearing: RAD allocution kept right on victimizing the Klaas family

Thanks for the link ... just watched it and all I can say is ... :silenced: ... I want to be here for tomorrow ...

:seeya:

Lots of outfits and lots of makeup and don't forget about the jewelry.

But seriously, IIRC HLN reported on CMJA's jail visitor list several weeks back and the mit. spec had visited with JA quite often. Like you said, it's not just JW and KN, MdLR played an important part throughout the case and if there was a strategic failure, she is to blame as well. She and JA have been buddy-buddy, cuddly-cuddly, kissy-kissy all along so I would imagine she has a delusionally spun perspective of her client and I can't figure out why or how she hasn't been able to get family and friends to testify. Or how she's been unable to put together a case at this point. That's her entire job.

I can't see her getting called again to a high profile case after sitting there like a stunned mullet for 5 months and delivering nothing .. how is she even going to justify it to her line manager (or whatever they have)?

Don't see anything when I click on it?

I clicked on the link again, and it worked for me. It's parts of an interview Jodi gave and it has a convo with Donavan that was left out of the original Dateline show.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. I don't believe there were any death threats, it just doesn't make sense, unless JA's family is making them.

patti herself isn't saying her life was threatened! i don't know where the 'death threat' thing started but even from what was said in court today, i never heard there were death threats and i don't believe it.

I clicked on the link again, and it worked for me. It's parts of an interview Jodi gave and it has a convo with Donavan that was left out of the original Dateline show.

Every time I hear that Donavan name I think of....They call me mellow yellow.

I just have to say Jennifer Wilmott has some beautiful suits that are very becoming on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michkrifred