CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Did LE not confirm that Mark did his errands and returned home? Yes they did, so why was Mark not concerned when he returned hom?

If I returned home, and my child's belongings appeared to be there, I would think they had gone out maybe to meet up with a friend for a few hours. Kids change plans constantly.

I have been perplexed as to why LE was concerned enough to call in SAR teams, send out media alerts et al.

I have also been perplexed as to why LE has not released a description of any items that Dylan brought with him. Why would that be?

I think I found my answer. LE would be concerned if Dylan's items were still at the house, but no one had been in contact with him.

So you are drawing the conclusion that MR as well as LE should not have been concerned because Dylan's belongings were at the house? Really., I don't understand.

If only LE had something to say...
The less we hear from them, the more they seem to be in "waiting" mode, IMO, as in having their suspect but not enough to make an arrest. Nothing they have done (that we know of) leads me to believe they feel Dylan is a victim of a random predator.

JMO

Exactly we do not know what he did or didn't do we just have what HE SAYS he did.

I think the only time he has an alibi for is his apointments that morning what would that be a total of what 1 hr the rest travel time alone.

We do know that according to Sgt Dan Bender LE confirmed Mark's whereabouts on Monday morning for the 4 hours that he claimed he was gone from his home.
GRACE: I want to go to Sergeant Dan Bender, spokesperson for the La Plata County sheriff`s office, joining me out of Durango. Sergeant, thank you so much for being with us.

We want to help. We want to help find this boy. And I pray to God this boy is alive. You know, a lot of doubt is being cast on the dad. Why would you leave your child alone for fours when you just got him? This is a visit, the Thanksgiving visit, but -- nobody`s saying he`s a perfect dad.

What I want to find out is, where was the dad? Can we really account for his whereabouts for those four hours?

SGT. DAN BENDER, LA PLATA CTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE (via telephone): The investigators checked at the different locations that Mark Redwine said he was at during that time, including a meeting or two in Durango, I believe. And those were confirmed.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

Yes 4 hrs maybe one hr at each apt and 2 hrs driving back and forth
what about the night before and the rest of Monday?

Where was he?
No one saw him till he ventured out at what 4pm?

I just posted a link that shows LE has confirmed where Mark said he went on Monday morning was true. I'm not trying to say that proves he's innocent.

Mark does not have an alibi in this case. That doesn't mean he's guilty either.

I just posted a link that shows LE has confirmed where Mark said he went on Monday morning was true. I'm not trying to say that proves he's innocent.

Mark does not have an alibi in this case. That doesn't mean he's guilty either.

But Ranch that only 4 hrs.

What about Sunday night and the rest of Monday.
he has a lot of hrs to account for if ya ask me!

It does leave you asking a lot of questions tho!

Just FYI in case anyone has missed this. This is the last press release from Bender. All press releases from the sheriff's office are located here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191821&page=5

Press Release March 19 2013

News Release: LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine
Date/ Time: 4:00PM MST Tuesday March 19th 2013
Source: Dan Bender, PIO La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Durango, Colorado

Narrative:
According to the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, on November 19, 2012, the day Dylan Redwine was reported missing, there was a reported sighting by a local postal worker indicating that Dylan was seen walking with another boy in Vallecito at about 2:00 PM. Investigators have identified and contacted these two young people and determined they have no connection to Dylan’s disappearance. Investigators continue to investigate reported sightings in Colorado and other states, but to date, none have been confirmed.

In February, investigators asked the public to help identify a man who was seen in Vallecito looking for gas on the day Dylan was reported missing. Investigators were able to identify and contact the man. He has not been linked to Dylan’s disappearance and was in the area on legitimate business.

Dylan was reported missing on Monday, November 19, 2012, when Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, contacted the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at about 5:30 PM to report that Dylan was missing from his father’s home in Vallecito. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, had previously contacted the Bayfield Marshal’s Office on the 19th attempting to learn if they had seen Dylan, and he then contacted Elaine asking if she had heard from Dylan.

Elaine Redwine, Dylan’s brother Cory Redwine, and Elaine’s fiancé Mike Hall remained in the Colorado Springs area when Dylan flew to Durango by himself on November 18th for a Court ordered visit with Mark Redwine for the Thanksgiving holiday. Elaine, Cory and Mike were still in the Colorado Springs area when Mark sent the message to Elaine the following afternoon asking about Dylan. Shortly after receiving Mark’s inquiry, Elaine, Cory and Mike traveled to Durango.

Investigators learned that Mark met Dylan at the Durango-La Plata County Airport at about 5:45 PM Sunday, November 18th. Investigators confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark’s home on Sunday at about 8:00 PM after stops at Wal-Mart and McDonald’s in Durango.
[SEE PAGE TWO]

[PAGE TWO] LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine

Investigators learned that Mark has said he last saw Dylan at around 7:30 AM Monday, November 19, 2012 at his home in Vallecito when Mark left for Durango to run errands. Investigators have also learned Mark returned home at about 11:30 AM and discovered that Dylan was gone.

Mark’s and Dylan’s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation.

Investigators are reviewing recent information including tips, interviews, and reports generated since last November, seeking links that may be helpful as they plan and conduct future searches and interviews, and determine additional evidence analysis needs.

Investigators continue to seek information and evidence from the public to determine whether something happened to Dylan at the home or whether he somehow left the home and something happened to him away from the home.

Investigators are asking for information from anyone who may have been at their Vallecito homes or traveling in Vallecito on CR 500 or CR 501 between 7:00 PM Sunday, November 18th and 7:00 PM on Monday, November 19th.

If citizens feel they saw or heard any activity during this time frame that was not normal for their neighborhood they are asked to call the local Dylan Tip Line (970-382-7511) to leave a message and contact information. The Dylan Tip Line is checked frequently by Investigators.

Anonymous tips can be left with Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers (970-247-1112). Persons can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678). A reward for finding Dylan is in excess of $50,000.00.

End Release. DLB

he didn't feel like texting his friends? Yes very difficult to understand! IMO
He was happy as a clam sitting with his father paceing back and forth watching adventureland or was it role model ........when the entire time he wanted to be with his friends....

Naww Im not seeing it sorry!

Elaine Redwine:
I know that the last texts were pretty early in the evening, and that was so unlike Dylan, especially when he was going to Bayfield because he was really excited about seeing his friends.

<snipped from interview with MB/page 5>

Mark said in another interview that they had not yet decided if they were going to his brothers several hours away, which is what Dylan wanted to do, or go to someone else's home or have it by themselves. That is what he said in one interview.

So it makes no sense to me that on MONDAY MORNING he suddenly needs to do the shopping for Thanksgiving, while Dylan was waiting for his ride. He promised Dylan he would be back by 11 to give him a ride. So why call him at 11:45, when that is still 45 minutes away, and ask what he wants for Thanksgiving dinner? Does that make sense? Because I can not make any sense of that at all.

And he makes no mention of that promise of a ride when he talks about trying to contact D that morning. Why not?
I am not disagreeing, but do see a different point of view. Lets assume Mark and Dylan DID have a disagreement the night before on how to spend Thanksgiving. Dylan wanted X, Mark wanted Y. With that thought, Mark is thinking that if Dylan had a chance to sleep on it, he might change his mind and want to do Y (maybe having dinner just with Mark). In that case, Mark would need to get items for Thanksgiving. And maybe he needed his paycheck to get them. Why would it be important to do that day, you might ask? He was near a store right then and he could ask Dylan if he minded waiting even longer to see his friends while Mark got food (from the purchasing and gasoline price point of view, I can see it. I wouldn't have done it; if I couldn't get hold of my child, I'd be back in the car, but not everyone is me).

But what if Mark had no intentions of taking Dylan to see his friends? I have seen people do this, promise to take their kids somewhere then stall until it cannot be done, then say "Aw, it's too late, we can't go." (Drives me nuts, BTW) If so, there would be no opportunity to get to the store to get food from Bayfield, either.

So does it make any sense to call at 11:45 if you promised to take your son to see his friends at 11:00? If you don't care about other people's time, it might. If you ran late running errands, it might. If you had no intention of taking your son to see his friends, it might. If you really needed to get food and had no other opportunity, it might. If you really had tried to get hold of your son earlier and could not, and are not a person who would be worried that your son who wants to see his friends has decided he is not going to answer your calls and texts, it might. If your entire relationship with your son is kind of "If you're around, I'll see you and if you aren't I won't," it might.

It might not make sense to anyone who would not have left their son sleeping when they knew how much he wanted to see his friends, or would have been worried if their son did not return texts, or to someone who would have been home by 11:00 if promised, short of a vehicle breakdown, or to someone who has never lived very far from stores.

Just my opinion on why it COULD make some kind of sense to somebody, somewhere.

There is more than one kind of hope. My first hope is that Dylan is alive, simply hidden, and will be found or allowed to return. Barring that, I hope the perpetrator is arrested, convicted and jailed for more years than he/she has left. If Mark is guilty, I think he will goof. He seems to be a person well versed in changing reality if the current reality isn't useful. (MOO) While that may have worked well for him throughout his life, it is exactly what will trip him up, if there is anything to trip up about.
I don't think MR is capable of remaining silent.

But Ranch that only 4 hrs.

What about Sunday night and the rest of Monday.
he has a lot of hrs to account for if ya ask me!

It does leave you asking a lot of questions tho!

True - and I think that is what Ranch is saying - that MR doesn't have an alibi for all those hours.

Salem

Snips from press release

Investigators learned that Mark met Dylan at the Durango-La Plata County Airport at about 5:45 PM Sunday, November 18th. Investigators confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark&#8217;s home on Sunday at about 8:00 PM after stops at Wal-Mart and McDonald&#8217;s in Durango.

Investigators are asking for information from anyone who may have been at their Vallecito homes or traveling in Vallecito on CR 500 or CR 501 between 7:00 PM Sunday, November 18th and 7:00 PM on Monday, November 19th.

I am not disagreeing, but do see a different point of view. Lets assume Mark and Dylan DID have a disagreement the night before on how to spend Thanksgiving. Dylan wanted X, Mark wanted Y. With that thought, Mark is thinking that if Dylan had a chance to sleep on it, he might change his mind and want to do Y (maybe having dinner just with Mark). In that case, Mark would need to get items for Thanksgiving. And maybe he needed his paycheck to get them. Why would it be important to do that day, you might ask? He was near a store right then and he could ask Dylan if he minded waiting even longer to see his friends while Mark got food (from the purchasing and gasoline price point of view, I can see it. I wouldn't have done it; if I couldn't get hold of my child, I'd be back in the car, but not everyone is me).

But what if Mark had no intentions of taking Dylan to see his friends? I have seen people do this, promise to take their kids somewhere then stall until it cannot be done, then say "Aw, it's too late, we can't go." (Drives me nuts, BTW) If so, there would be no opportunity to get to the store to get food from Bayfield, either.

So does it make any sense to call at 11:45 if you promised to take your son to see his friends at 11:00? If you don't care about other people's time, it might. If you ran late running errands, it might. If you had no intention of taking your son to see his friends, it might. If you really needed to get food and had no other opportunity, it might. If you really had tried to get hold of your son earlier and could not, and are not a person who would be worried that your son who wants to see his friends has decided he is not going to answer your calls and texts, it might. If your entire relationship with your son is kind of "If you're around, I'll see you and if you aren't I won't," it might.

It might not make sense to anyone who would not have left their son sleeping when they knew how much he wanted to see his friends, or would have been worried if their son did not return texts, or to someone who would have been home by 11:00 if promised, short of a vehicle breakdown, or to someone who has never lived very far from stores.

Just my opinion on why it COULD make some kind of sense to somebody, somewhere.

Well sure, if you put it that way, then yes, maybe he did do that. :wink:

But I still lean towards this being an alibi text, and not a real situation. I think Mark told the truth when he said that his son was out cold and he could not wake him up. JMO

Hi Guys,

I hope all is well with everyone? I love coming here and reading everyone's opinion., that's the great thing about our WS family, we all have different opinions and views and respect each others opinions. We are all here for Dylan and we all need to unite as one to help find this child

Just FYI in case anyone has missed this. This is the last press release from Bender. All press releases from the sheriff's office are located here

Narrative:
According to the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, on November 19, 2012, the day Dylan Redwine was reported missing, there was a reported sighting by a local postal worker indicating that Dylan was seen walking with another boy in Vallecito at about 2:00 PM. Investigators have identified and contacted these two young people and determined they have no connection to Dylan’s disappearance. Investigators continue to investigate reported sightings in Colorado and other states, but to date, none have been confirmed.

In February, investigators asked the public to help identify a man who was seen in Vallecito looking for gas on the day Dylan was reported missing. Investigators were able to identify and contact the man. He has not been linked to Dylan’s disappearance and was in the area on legitimate business.

Dylan was reported missing on Monday, November 19, 2012, when Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, contacted the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at about 5:30 PM to report that Dylan was missing from his father’s home in Vallecito. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, had previously contacted the Bayfield Marshal’s Office on the 19th attempting to learn if they had seen Dylan, and he then contacted Elaine asking if she had heard from Dylan.

Elaine Redwine, Dylan’s brother Cory Redwine, and Elaine’s fiancé Mike Hall remained in the Colorado Springs area when Dylan flew to Durango by himself on November 18th for a Court ordered visit with Mark Redwine for the Thanksgiving holiday. Elaine, Cory and Mike were still in the Colorado Springs area when Mark sent the message to Elaine the following afternoon asking about Dylan. Shortly after receiving Mark’s inquiry, Elaine, Cory and Mike traveled to Durango.

Investigators learned that Mark met Dylan at the Durango-La Plata County Airport at about 5:45 PM Sunday, November 18th. Investigators confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark’s home on Sunday at about 8:00 PM after stops at Wal-Mart and McDonald’s in Durango.
[SEE PAGE TWO]

Investigators learned that Mark has said he last saw Dylan at around 7:30 AM Monday, November 19, 2012 at his home in Vallecito when Mark left for Durango to run errands. Investigators have also learned Mark returned home at about 11:30 AM and discovered that Dylan was gone.

Mark’s and Dylan’s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation.

Investigators are reviewing recent information including tips, interviews, and reports generated since last November, seeking links that may be helpful as they plan and conduct future searches and interviews, and determine additional evidence analysis needs.

Investigators continue to seek information and evidence from the public to determine whether something happened to Dylan at the home or whether he somehow left the home and something happened to him away from the home.

If citizens feel they saw or heard any activity during this time frame that was not normal for their neighborhood they are asked to call the local Dylan Tip Line (970-382-7511) to leave a message and contact information. The Dylan Tip Line is checked frequently by Investigators.

Anonymous tips can be left with Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers (970-247-1112). Persons can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678). A reward for finding Dylan is in excess of $50,000.00.

End Release. DLB

If I were Marks defense attorney, this Press Release would make me very uncomfortable. It seems to me like they were talking to Mark. They start by discounting the two theories and sightings that he was touting. Then they give reasons that Elaine and her husband were cleared of any involvement, and focus upon Mark and his story.

I feel like this was written to put the heat on. :cop: :cop: :jail: :wave:

If I were Marks defense attorney, this Press Release would make me very uncomfortable. It seems to me like they were talking to Mark. They start by discounting the two theories and sightings that he was touting. Then they give reasons that Elaine and her husband were cleared of any involvement, and focus upon Mark and his story.

True anything could be possible, we will never know what LE has until they are ready to move forward... JMO.... I for one like to have hard facts to make any type of opinions. The only fact I know is that Dylan went missing while he was visiting his dad. I am not saying Mark is or is not guilty, I don't know, all I do know is what I have read that something went wrong sometime Sunday after the 8pm arrival to Marks home and anytime on Monday. Do I think Dylan ran away no, not for one second. Do I think Mark is responsible for Dylan's disappearance, he could be. But right now I truly feel the most important thing is to find Dylan. LE will see that justice will be served when the time comes for who ever took or hurt Dylan.

The press release seems to confirm whereabouts during the time Dylan vanished. I do not think that is the same thing as being "cleared."

The press release seems to confirm whereabouts during the time Dylan vanished. I do not think that is the same thing as being "cleared."

Well, if you add their confirmed whereabouts, which are several hours away, and their passed polygraphs, and their consistent stories and their behavior after the fact, then I see it as 'being cleared.' Unlike others we can name. JMO

Narrative:

[SEE PAGE TWO]

End Release. DLB

I remember this LE press release. The part that I found most interesting is where they confirmed that Dylan did arrive at Mark's home after stops at McDonalds and Walmart in Durango. Before this information was released, some people were convinced that Dylan never made it to Mark's house.

I found it interesting that it lined up with the story that Mark gave from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203