TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facts we know so far:
Name: LEK/R
7/18/1969~DOB: (assumed)
1987~ Moved from Az (Scottsdale) to Tx (DFW)(presumably)
1988~Applied for Tx SSN: 458-99-xxxx
1997~Graduated University of Arlington
1/2004~Married JBR
2008~Had a daughter
12/20/2010~Divorce papers Served
12/24/2010~Commits Suicide

Facts we know so far:
Name: LEK/R
7/18/1969~DOB: (assumed)
1987~ Moved from Az (Scottsdale) to Tx (DFW)(presumably)
1988~Applied for Tx SSN: 458-99-xxxx
1997~Graduated University of Arlington
1/2004~Married JBR
2008~Had a daughter
12/20/2010~Divorce papers Served
12/24/2010~Commits Suicide

Sounds about right. If anyone wants her full SSN, it is available on the SSDI if you look her LER name up on FamilySearch.

Also, we can assume that the identity she stole was of someone that really was born on 7/18/1969 (since she'd need the birth certificate) and, as a child, would have died before turning 18 though most likely younger than that. Also, that way FLEK would be more sure the child had never had a SSN.

Another consideration is that I've always heard that for identity theft, people usually use someone that was born in one state but died in another, so that there is less chance someone will match the records. Probably a bit different now that it's all searchable, but in the 80s this is something that would have been considered. This is pretty important if we're assuming that the UID 'took' her identity in Arizona - the child she took the identity from must have been born in Arizona, but it is possible the child didn't die in Arizona?

So the two scenarios I lean toward are:

A) FLEK, living in State (or Province of Canada possibly?) X, and knows or knows of a child named LEK, who was born in Arizona but dies in State X. How FLEK/UID knows this child is unknown, it could be anything from a family acquaintance to something in a newspaper. FLEK then decides to take this identity at some point, and travels to Arizona, gets the birth certificate, and starts off on a new life in Texas.

B) FLEK, living in Arizona, knows of a child named LEK who was born in Arizona and possibly known to her in Arizona, but has now died somewhere out of state. Maybe she hears it down the grapevine, gossip, something. She then gets the Arizona birth certificate there in Arizona, and goes off to Texas from there.

Or if we find out that the real LEK was born in another state other than Arizona, then just replace Arizona with that. I really think that the way to find who the UID is, would be to find where the real LEK really was born, and also where the real LEK died if it is a different state. Most likely FLEK is originally from one of those two places, how else would she know about this child? The only other way she would know about this child is if it was the child of a family member or family friend, and that would be a risky identity to steal.

originally from one of those two places, how else would she know about this child? The only other way she would know about this child is if it was the child of a family member or family friend, and that would be a risky identity to steal.

<Snipped respectfully>

That's about right. If it helps (sometimes it doesn't) I went to ancestry.com to try to find an L.E. name (deceased child) that fits with DOB in Az and Tx. Nothing came up.
Also, thinking that LER HAD TO BE on her daughters Birth Certificate I tried finding that documentation (usually lists ssn and dob used for LER) as well and only came up with one name in that timeframe born in England (which is extra $ for that subscription). I assume ssns aren't required if you have dual citizenship? Just throwing that out there.

OR they don't ask for SSNs when giving birth in the UK? Conveniently keeping her identity a secret? Unless it was an adoption. (thinking out loud)moo

Oh wow! Amazing find, guys! Validates a lot of information that we've found and kind of puts the family out there, so that we don't have to tiptoe around so much.

Lots and lots to digest!

Oh wow! Amazing find, guys! Validates a lot of information that we've found and kind of puts the family out there, so that we don't have to tiptoe around so much.

Lots and lots to digest!

With all due respect to The Charley Project FB - that's where I saw it.

Not sure if this was posted but Jennifer Wix didn't go missing until '04 and this woman was married into the Ruff family by '03.

FLEK looks like she also has nearly perfect teeth in addition to the curly or wavy hair. I was also thinking Jennifer Wick as a possibility... I wouldn't rule out Hohenshilt on just eye color though. Records have been wrong and hazel can look light brown sometimes

I'm confused. Is there a Jennifer Wick, Jennifer Wix and Jennifer Wictor missing?

That article changes things for me and now her name is publicized so I don't have to tip toe around it so much. The article makes me look at her husband and family differently then I had originally too.

I looked at the Jennifer's on Namus that went missing in the 1980's and none of them looked like her to me. Jennifer Wictor is the closest.

Did anyone see this comment??

"This Lori Erica Ruff identity theif looks like a good friend I lost track of in 1974 or 75 named Linda Christine Baker. My maiden name coincedentally was Kennedy, The last I heard she had moved to California. I have checked the social medias for her and come up with nothing. no one we knew in high school seems to know what happened to her. The resemblence however is what caught my eye."

http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/06/20/2021230774.jpg

She does not look like JW in this photo, at all. Not even if she had plastic surgery.. :/

Did anyone see this comment??

"This Lori Erica Ruff identity theif looks like a good friend I lost track of in 1974 or 75 named Linda Christine Baker. My maiden name coincedentally was Kennedy, The last I heard she had moved to California. I have checked the social medias for her and come up with nothing. no one we knew in high school seems to know what happened to her. The resemblence however is what caught my eye."

http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/06/20/2021230774.jpg

She does not look like JW in this photo, at all. Not even if she had plastic surgery.. :/

Wow! That picture certainly look like a "before" pic of LEK.

We should get a mod in here to update the key words and title so that people doing internet searches are let to this thread.

How do we go about contacting a mod?

Wow! That picture certainly look like a "before" pic of LEK.

I'm going to say that was her shortly after she gave birth to her baby girl in 2008 -- looks like she had work done on her nose (if she had breast implants then facial plastic surgery isn't out of the question). Her nose appears much more bulbous and less sharp in this post-birth picture. (You can see the head of a baby in her arms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulob419