George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this is what confuses me. How can that estimate of time be correct IF TM lived and went to school in Miami yet dad and stepmom lived in Sanford?????

HIs dad and his current fiance live in sanford. I don't know where his past wife and he lived.

jmo Yes, TM had lived with his Dad and step-mom for 14 yrs.

Sincere question: How is this possible if TM lived and went to school in MIami. Yet Dad and stepmom live in Sanford. THey aren't that close together to make daily school trips.

Can anyone clarify?

What mess?

I'm not a mindreader but I think the mess might be that the defense's last witness testified they had never heard Zimmerman scream, or something like that. I think people expected THC testimony and Crump to be put on the stand, and a CSI Trial ending. Didn't happen.. JMO

But this is what confuses me. How can that estimate of time be correct IF TM lived and went to school in Miami yet dad and stepmom lived in Sanford?????

They didn't. Tracy Martin had also just moved to the complex. It was actually being rented by his new girlfriend so he and TM were both, technically, guests of the future stepmother. I'll try to find the link to the info and post it as an ETA.

ETA: I have a search results link that indicates that Tracy B. Martin and Alicia Stanley resided in Miami, Florida but I'm not sure I can post it without violating the 'no sleuthing' family rule. Mods? May I have a ruling? The link does not contain any personal information.

Oh my gosh. This testimony is making me crazy. Last position, first position, fourth position...I feel like I'm in ballet class!! LOL

IMO :)

I find it very interesting that the state is objecting to the creation of the animation based, in part, on their own witness's (Lauer's) recollection of events.

The state wants the jury to believe Lauer's testimony, but when the defense wants to use it to help create the animation, the state objects.

Does the state not trust their own witness's testimony?

Because he was hired for the defense - and edited it at only their discretion. That would make it slanted right there. And it was created BEFORE the testimony. Worthless, IMHO. If George wants to clarify anything for the jury- he has a great opportunity to on Wednesday. Hope he takes it!

I thought Trayvon was staying with his father and his stepmother-to-be in Sanford.

IMO I think the defense never should have brought this witness to the stand. This is the first time the state looks smarter than the defense, worse yet even if this witness had done GREAT I don't think it would really matter to the jury.

The other evidence is much stronger for the defense IMO.
Oh boy you've just confused me. The State is objecting to their own witnesses' testimony being used to construct the animation. How does this make the State look smarter than the defense?

HIs dad and his current fiance live in sanford. I don't know where his past wife and he lived.

Okay so the house he is visiting is a different lady than the stepmom, correct?

That is what had me confused. I was thinking we were discussing the same lady.

Thanks a bunch.:seeya:

Actually, TM did live with his father most of his life. He was raised by his dad and his dad's ex-girlfriend. JMO. OMO. MOO.

.http://.com/2013/06/29/the-alicia-stanley-story-the-only-real-mom-trayvon-martin-ever-knew/ He was raised by his Dad and step-mother Alisha from 10 yrs old till 15

I missed the entire tesimony after lunch recess:

So, the Defense rested without bringing in TM's toxicology?

And, they rested without further evidence of how the altercation began?

In Summary, they had only witnesses to say it was GZ they heard screaming, a few who said that Tracy M said it wasn't his son, the MMA guy and the paid ME?

Did I miss something?

IMO, GZ didn't have time to identify himself. TM punched him in the nose after answered TM's question saying he didn't have a problem. Maybe if TM had waited before punching GZ, he could have identified himself. JMO. OMO. MOO.

We only have GZ's word for this, and he has changed his story many times. MOO

I missed the entire tesimony after lunch recess:

So, the Defense rested without bringing in TM's toxicology?

And, they rested without further evidence of how the altercation began?

In Summary, they had only witnesses to say it was GZ they heard screaming, a few who said that Tracy M said it wasn't his son, the MMA guy and the paid ME?

Did I miss something?

No the defense has not rested.. This is a hearing about the animation testimony.

Info on this please. I haven't seen anything that says he was in court before testimony. Thanks.

Edited: Saw your response about the hearing. Thanks a bunch.

Do you have a link or do you have a video of him in the courtroom? I saw an older man but didn't know it was him. moo

IMO rumor has it maybe the defense only has one more witness. Sheesh after the great DeMaio testimony this is a disaster. They better have two more great witnesses before closing so the Jury forgets this mess.

IMO.

Gratefully, the jury isn't having to listen to all of this since they're not in the court room. At this point I think the Defense should consider it a blessing if it isn't allowed. The State will be all over of this just as they are now and IMO the jury will go comatose having to listen to it. It doesn't seem like a few brief moments of animation is worth it. JMO

Agreed. I do the same thing unless I am backing something up with a link. However I also know that the feature is available and that some use the feature. If someone uses the feature then they will not see the signature line with the IMO or whatever in it. That was simply my point, however it appears to have been taken as something that it was not meant to be.

I understood what you meant. Every member of the forums would have to "turn signature on" .

Turning on signatures (as well as avatars and images) will slow down loading time of the forum pages. I have all 3 set to "off"

OT but not OT - TH's on The Five stated there is a public service announcement regarding this trial re: avoiding reactive behavior after the verdict. It's a mini commerical from Broward County Sheriff Office.

I really hope cooler heads prevail, regardless of the verdict. I don't have a good feeling about it. Sometimes, I wish the trial was only played locally and not nationally. JMO Praying for peace and calm...no matter what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member