Becky Sue Turner and related

Re getting an ID instead of a driver's license: They were much easier to get in the sense that you didn't have to take a written or hands-on driving test.

Also, there were reasons besides DUI's that someone would have an ID instead of a license. I've known many urban-dwelling non-drivers (not so much LA, but New York and San Francisco, definitely) who just take public transit. Also someone who "looks" young and healthy might have epilepsy or another invisible disability that prevents them from driving, but they'd still need a state ID.

It might be unusual for a young woman to get an ID and not a DL but it wouldn't necessarily set off alarm bells of "this person has a DUI!" And you don't have to pass any tests to get one. FLEK was probably taking no chances on not being able to pass a driving test.

I was not saying she had a DUI. I was explaining why I got an ID card instead, not why she got one. I beleive she got BOTH. One for ID and one to surrender to Texas so she could get her DL without testing there. I am guessing she wouldnt have a problem passing a driving test. She might have even had a California DL with Becky Sue made to "turn in" to get the Idaho one, which she wouldnt be needing anyway. They dont keep them, they destroy them, so it wouldnt be traced back anyway. In my opinion that would be the smartest thing to do.

Just a thought, I was looking at the passport application and was struck by something. Do you think that the birth dates that she used for the Turners could be actual birth dates of her actual parents? Maybe not the year but the day and month? Birth dates are hard to remember as it is and I would think that random made up ones would be even harder to remember. Maybe she used the real birth dates to keep her from getting tripped up.
Also on the age calculation notes LR created I know some have speculated that there may be a third person she was trying to figure out the age for because there was a third set of dates. I think possibly the third set of numbers was also for the mother. Like she was trying to figure out how old she would be if her birthday was before July 18th she would have just turned 22 but if she was born after July 18th she would be turning 23. If she were using her actual parents birth dates and her actual mother was born in December like the passport app. says then Mrs. Turner would be turning 23 in 1969. Probably totally out there but who knows.

I looked up and compared the birth cert for Becky Turner and it is the same dates as Becky's parents. That is why there is speculation that the numbers on her handwritten notes are the ages that she's calculating.

I looked up and compared the birth cert for Becky Turner and it is the same dates as Becky's parents. That is why there is speculation that the numbers on her handwritten notes are the ages that she's calculating.

Sometimes when I type these things up and then read it again I realize it will probably only makes sense to me. :D

The calculations on that page and the fact that she listed her mothers birth date on her passport app as December 7, 1946 are what made me think that LR could have been figuring out how old Mrs. Turner would have been if her birth date was after July 18th.
There appears to be three calculations one for D (dad) one for M (mom) and one not labeled. I was just observing that it could be LR was trying to figure out how old Mrs. Turner would have been using a birth date in the months after July.
Becky's BC shows that Becky's mom was 22 at the time of Becky's birth. Let's say that LR did decide to use her actual mothers birth date and it was in December she might have been trying to calculate Mrs. Turners age using her own mothers day and month of birth and the year 1969.

I wish we could see a photo of the living daughter, sister to Ann Marie 8, Kay Francis 3 and Becky 2.
I have absolutely no idea why I thought of this but here goes:

Would there be a possibility that the living female TJ (sister to the 3 girls)could be LEK and that she couldn't handle her sister's death and changed her name, hence choosing the youngest sister as her way out... and then boom...off she's goes?

TJ must be out there somewhere living. I know we cannot post a photo of her on here...but perhaps in a private message just to see what she looked liked? I don't see her age when the fire killed her sisters.

I know it's as far fetched as Jack Nicholson playing Scrooge but now it's off my chest! :banghead:

I wish we could see a photo of the living daughter, sister to Ann Marie 8, Kay Francis 3 and Becky 2.
I have absolutely no idea why I thought of this but here goes:

Would there be a possibility that the living female TJ (sister to the 3 girls)could be LEK and that she couldn't handle her sister's death and changed her name, hence choosing the youngest sister as her way out... and then boom...off she's goes?

TJ must be out there somewhere living. I know we cannot post a photo of her on here...but perhaps in a private message just to see what she looked liked? I don't see her age when the fire killed her sisters.

I know it's as far fetched as Jack Nicholson playing Scrooge but now it's off my chest! :banghead:

No that's not possible. One of the first things that was done is that the REAL Becky's (age 2) parents were shown a picture of LEK and they had never seen her before.

No that's not possible. One of the first things that was done is that the REAL Becky's (age 2) parents were shown a picture of LEK and they had never seen her before.

~ Good to know AngelaE8654. Thank you!

That's because there are quite a few people thinking of quite a few "angles". If we had a place to post a timeline and an outline of known information that would be available to anyone who wanted to see it, I think that would be great. A forum like this as well as the "comment section" of the Seattle Times is going to get bogged down with information, both pertinent and not so much. This is not the type of site for succint information as the thread becomes very, very long even IF everybody was sharing great information.

If we had a document or something with the pertinent information: a timeline of what LEK did and when as well as all the information we actually KNOW about her that would be great. We can put it into a Powerpoint slide presentation or something. Slideshare.net is a great site for uploading these things and making them available to the public.

If this case gets broader media attention which would bring in more people interested we might be able to get the mods here to open up a section where we could post on individual topics. I don't know much about document sharing sites, but Excel worksheets are a great way to store information with various subheadings. In the mean time, I have been collecting some bits and pieces in a Word document:

Lori Erica Kennedy/Lori Ruff/Becky Sue Turner Facts and Timeline
Main sources: Seattle Times http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021235163_timelinejanedoe.html and http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html, Fox News article http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2XO3tUz2T

Other random facts and information about the case:

• She claimed she was 18 in 1988. She probably was older than that — in her mid-twenties, perhaps (Seattle Times)
• Told doctors in 2005 that she was 35 – investigators this she was “much older than that … born sometime between 1960 and 1968.” (Fox News)
• She was tall, about 5'10"
• She did not speak with any discernible accent.
• She was in Boise at some point in 1988
• She had a PO box in Boulder City, Nevada in the late 1980s
• She had very long hands, and said she had been a hand model
• She may have had a nose job at some point
• She had breast implants
• She was very religious
• She was a vegetarian
• She may have had ADHD, OCD, or Tourette's Syndrome
• She said she loved Cuban food
• Claimed to have suffered from bulimia
• Was a dancer at a Dallas-area nightclub when she was attending college (Fox News)
• Had a miscarriage when trying to conceive a baby with husband
• Had student loans, filed for bankruptcy (1990’s)
• Investigators believe she came from the Pacific Northwest or West Coast.
• Had one of the genes associated with coronary artery disease, per DNA tests
• Was an unusually private person
• Was aggressive about telling people it was “none of your business” when asked about her past.
• Claimed she was the only child of a failed stockbroker and his wife, who both died.
• Boyfriend from 1990’s said she had “more problems than he could deal with.”
• Was extremely protective of her baby
• Widely speculated in the WS community that she might have Marfan syndrome. Correlates with genetic marker for heart disease, height, large hand size and mental health issues.
• They did check her computer (it was asked during the live chat). Velling, the SSA investigator said: "We were given the computers by the family and we did an extensive search of the hard drives with no evidence found to her previous life." http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...-in-live-chat/
• “There was no autopsy done at the time of death because the cause of death was a gun shot to the head. We were able to get DNA because the mortuary provided some hair and skin samples. No dental records were run.” http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...-in-live-chat/
•
•

Locations and Addresses:
(Becky Sue was born in Bakersfield, California in 1969, Died in house fire in Fife, Washington in 1971, was living in Tacoma, Washington at time of death, buried in Puyallup, Washington.)

Late 1980’s, Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada

June 1988, Idaho ID card, address listed as 7101 El Caballa, Boise, Idaho 83704, the correct spelling for the address is El Caballo Dr.

July 1988, Application for Lori Kennedy Social Security number. 6102 Mockingbird #191, Dallas, Texas 75214

March 1990, Passport application - 6266 Melody Lane Apt 3079, Dallas, Texas 75231 (Same address used on GED test)

1996/1997 Application for Federal Student Aid: PO Box 810, Euless, TX 76039 817-355-0747

Before 2003, Texas Driver’s License expiration date 7/18/07, 2436 Harwood Rd, 387, Bedford, TX 76021

2003? Resume - 1978 Oak Creek Lane #16, Bedford, Texas 76022, Home: 817-685-8401, Cell: 817-715-8578, email csengineer2002@yahoo.com

According to her resume she worked in Arlington (2002/2003), Irving (2000-2002), Dallas (1999-2000), Colleyville (1998), Grand Prairie (1998), and Fort Worth (1992-1998), Texas

Claimed she was from Scottsdale, AZ per obituary http://www.tributes.com/show/Lori-Erica-Ruff-90422740 and http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/news-journal/obituary.aspx?pid=147500643#fbLoggedOut

Found on Ancestry.com the following addresses for Lori E. Kennedy with DOB 7/18/69:

3146 Hudnall St., Dallas, Texas 75235
14400 Statler Blvd, Fort Worth, Tx 76155
2436 Harwood Rd. Apt. 387, Bedford, Texas 76021

This one comes back as a business when googled:
Lori E. Kennedy (DOB July 1969) 1111 W. Airport #147, Irving, Texas 75062 (phone number 355-0747)

then it lists:
200 Bear Creek Dr. Apt. 219, Euless, TX 76039 (1995)
P.O. Box 543344 #219, Dallas, TX 75354
3901 Oakridge Ct. Apt. 3815, Fort Worth, TX 76155 (1993)
P.O. Box 810, Euless, Texas 76039 (1995)

In 1988, she took on the identity of a deceased child named Becky Sue Turner. She only used that identity for a few months before having her name legally changed to Lori Erica Kennedy. http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021243300_janedoeevidence.html

July 18, 1969 - Becky Sue Turner born in Bakersfield, Calif. (Becky Turner birth certificate)
December 30, 1971 – Becky Sue dies in Fife, Washington house fire at age 2 (Becky Sue Turner death certificate, Becky's first name was misspelled )

May 20, 1988 - Jane Doe gets a copy of Becky Sue’s birth certificate from Kern County, Calif.
June 16, 1988 - Jane Doe obtains an Idaho ID card with her picture and Becky Sue’s name. She now has government ID “proving” she’s Becky Sue. (Idaho ID using Becky Sue Turner's name)
July 5, 1988 - She gets her name legally changed in a Dallas court from Becky Sue to Lori Erica Kennedy. (Document showing name legally changed to Lori Erica Kennedy) Clerk's certificate: http://oi39.tinypic.com/2wg94z9.jpg

I just had an AHA moment!

FLEK had to have known someone in the Turner family to know Becky Sue's birthday to apply for a birth certificate. Neither the headstone or obituary states her date of birth... and didn't her death certificate have a wrong day? My guess is that she is somehow associated to Mr Turner because she seems most unfamiliar to Mrs Turner's details.

Okay....this is fishy to me! Kim L. is also known by a different last name. Becky Sue's mom later remarried to someone with the same last name!

my 2 cents - she hired someone to help her change her name the first time. the becky sue turner angle is too random. i think someone who does these illegal name changes for a living would have compiled a list of good candidates such as children who died in a state where they weren't born. she goes to this guy, gives him a couple thousand bucks, and he gives her a name, biographical info, etc and a list of the steps to take to change her identity.

also, the passport application is odd to me. has anyone sleuthed where she traveled with her passport? i think i saw germany listed somewhere.

also also, what was she doing between 1997 when she graduated and 2004 when she got married? there are a LOT of huge time spans where we don't know what she was up to.

my 2 cents - she hired someone to help her change her name the first time. the becky sue turner angle is too random. i think someone who does these illegal name changes for a living would have compiled a list of good candidates such as children who died in a state where they weren't born. she goes to this guy, gives him a couple thousand bucks, and he gives her a name, biographical info, etc and a list of the steps to take to change her identity.

also, the passport application is odd to me. has anyone sleuthed where she traveled with her passport? i think i saw germany listed somewhere.

also also, what was she doing between 1997 when she graduated and 2004 when she got married? there are a LOT of huge time spans where we don't know what she was up to.

@masootz, I think they mentioned in the Seattle Times article or in the chat that she never travelled anywhere using the passport. When she applied for the passport she listed travel to Germany and England as the reason for her application.

@masootz, I think they mentioned in the Seattle Times article or in the chat that she never travelled anywhere using the passport. When she applied for the passport she listed travel to Germany and England as the reason for her application.

thanks, i missed that in the article. so maybe she got a passport just in case she needed to get away? it fits the rest of what we know.

Okay....this is fishy to me! Kim L. is also known by a different last name. Becky Sue's mom later remarried to someone with the same last name!

~ BSTurner's mom married a Laciner? Or wasn't it Carter?

~ BSTurner's mom married a Laciner? Or wasn't it Carter?

No....but you are completely mixing up last names.

RmW married TJT
RmW and TJT divorced
RmW remarried a 'J'

AL married KW
AL and KW divorced
AL remarried LC (not 'Carter', however)
KW is also known as KWJ

I just had an AHA moment!

FLEK had to have known someone in the Turner family to know Becky Sue's birthday to apply for a birth certificate. Neither the headstone or obituary states her date of birth... and didn't her death certificate have a wrong day? My guess is that she is somehow associated to Mr Turner because she seems most unfamiliar to Mrs Turner's details.

Just jumping off from your post, HerStory...

If she was close enough to the family to have learned the exact birthdate, though, wouldn't they/he have recognized her?

I am wondering if there was a formal obituary published somewhere else, even in like a church newsletter or something. The article we have seen seems to me to be just that.. An article on the fire/deaths. Perhaps at one time she WAS able to get more info locally. ?? (Or through major library research).

I, personally, like the local theory over the name-broker theory, but she did everything so spot on that I can't rule out the idea that she had help!

It is pretty darn easy to look at an obit and learn a birthdate, especially if the child was young as the obit usually says "our daughter brought into this world on May 5, 2005" and so forth.

It is pretty darn easy to look at an obit and learn a birthdate, especially if the child was young as the obit usually says "our daughter brought into this world on May 5, 2005" and so forth.

Except the fact that she died in 1971. There was no internet to search obituaries.

From the timeline: July 18, 1969 - Becky Sue Turner born in Bakersfield, Calif. (Becky Turner birth certificate)
December 30, 1971 – Becky Sue dies in Fife, Washington house fire at age 2 (Becky Sue Turner death certificate, Becky's first name was misspelled )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back