George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to stop people from shooting teenagers. Any ideas?
IMO

I have lots of ideas, but they all involve personal responsibility on the part of the teenagers and their parents, so I won't hold my breath. I would also start with the far more widespread problem of teenagers shooting other teenagers who are known to them,are in rival gangs, have nice shoes, etc. and NONE of whom have legal firearms as they are minors. jmo

I hope Zimmerman is convicted of at least manslaughter. He may have a legal defense but its a twisting of the intent of the law IMO. Morally and ethically he is guilty of murder. IMO

Linda, that's the big difference in how I see it, I think morally and ethically GZ did the right thing. IMO It is tragic and I feel so sorry for TM's family, don't get me wrong. IMO

Miraculously, his injuries stopped bleeding right away and there was no swelling a couple of hours later. These facts lead me to believe that GZ's injuries were not significant and certainly not from having his head "pounded on the cement and punched 20-30 times". Why would he need to exaggerate?

I want to thank you for the pictures you posted and the mentioning of recoil - there was indeed a rectangular shaped mark on GZ's nose when his picture was taken at the police station. IMO.

State has proven nothing. They're just hoping the jury jumps to their oddball conclusions about irrelevant, unrelated facts about GZ imo. Why on Earth were they allowed to bring in all this nonsense about him being a "wannabe cop"? imo

I hope Zimmerman is convicted of at least manslaughter. He may have a legal defense but its a twisting of the intent of the law IMO. Morally and ethically he is guilty of murder. IMO

"Morals and ethics" vary widely among people with differering belief systems. That's why we have laws which, presumably, codify a reasonable understanding and agreement of the standards that apply to everyone.

No. The witness was clear that the "bigger man on top" was Zimmerman. She even clarified that he was the one who got up. Martin never got up.

That was after she went out after the shot. And that is exactly what GZ said.. That he got on him after shooting him.

Here's the states case against GZ again. He didn't know the exact address. Weak. MOO.

Listen. I want him to wrap this up for me and convince me with the evidence and show me that GZ wanted to kill TM.

Im waiting still...
IMO I don't think he wanted to kill TM. That would have shown premeditation and called for a higher charge being brought.

A black woman, mid 20's robs a local bank and gets away. The cops pull me over for questioning about this crime, a white woman in her mid 50's. THAT is profiling incorrectly.

Zimmerman did not profile 'incorrectly'. Black male teenagers had committed crimes in the community and were at large.

For him to be able to say such bunk is infuriating.

The "black male teenagers" who committed the crimes were arrested weeks prior and GZ knew it. :twocents:

GZ is not a cop and is not allowed to pull over anyone, nor is he allowed to follow anyone according to the neighborhood watch rules. IMO

State's argument gets weaker by the day...

IMO.
Ya know, I haven't liked the case the State has put on...but I have to say from what I've heard, that the closing was pretty straightforward...and not bad. jmo

I feel for this jury. I have the ability to mute and re-read comments on websleths that I missed this morning. I can walk away, fix lunch or put in a load of laundry. They have no choice but to sit there and listen to every last word. I just don't think it's necessary to go on and on like this at the end of the trial. Just to be clear, I am not saying that a trial should be rushed or that it isn't extremely important to both sides and their families.

I wonder if there are any statistics regarding how much weight a jury gives to closing arguments? IMO there has got to be a time when jury members start tuning things out. I personally think it's a positive that the Defense won't do their closing arguments today, I think the jury will be exhausted after listening to this for hours.

IMO I don't think he wanted to kill TM. That would have shown premeditation and called for a higher charge being brought.

The prosecutor started out by saying that he felt that GZ's plan started months before the event that night..

Which is not in evidence.

If black teenage boys had been breaking into homes in my community, I would be very suspicious of strange black teenage boys. If a chocolate lab had been going around my area biting all the neighbors, why in the world should I try to round up all the black cocker spaniels?

Back in the mid-1980's, someone broke into our house through the master bathroom window. For months after that, every time my kids and I got home from school, I would make my kids walk all the way around the house with me to make sure no window was broken. As soon as we came in the door each day, I looked in every room, in every closet, in both bathtubs, under every bed, etc. to make sure no one was there. No one was ever arrested, but we figured out that the person who broke in was an older white man who parked his little white car on the side of our road and walked along the road picking up cans. He had been coming every week for years, but we never saw him after that day. Neighbors had seen that man walking up our road with a white Glad bag under his arm. He had stolen handguns and money (silver coins). It has been almost thirty years, but I still do not trust people walking along the side of a country road. I fear they might try to break into my house. (I live in the country, and it is very rare to see people walking up my road because the speed limit is 55mph.)

Trayvon would be alive IMO if he had kept walking home instead of circling back to attack GZ.

JMO

I'd circle back as well if someone was following me to find another way out.
Trayvon would have no reason to circle back if GZ had followed "we don't need you to do that" TWICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liskfanatic63