George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #13 Thursday July 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
All below is just my opinion....

But, there is no evidence that GZ never showed TM his gun. IMO, there is no witness who saw/heard every moment of the transactions between the two.

It makes sense that TM would have hit GZ in an effort to get away from a stranger who may have pointed a gun at him, even briefly.

There is no evidence that GZ showed his weapon and there is no evidence that he did not show it at some point.

TM hitting GZ for absolutely no reason makes no sense.

TM hitting GZ because GZ somehow threatened him does make sense.

In short, I don't believe a word of what GZ says, there is no witness who saw/heard everything that happened...but I agree the case is not proven.

There is reasonable doubt to acquit of 2nd degree murder...just IMO, GZ is going to get away with it because of lack of evidence.

The evidence is that there is no evidence that he did. If he had pulled the gun on TM while just standing there, Either TM would have still been standing there when police arrived, GZ shoots TM while standing and GZ does not have a scratch on him.
The fact that GZ was beaten, yelling for help on the ground shows that at this point the gun is a non issue.

OMO

I respectfully request a link because I am confident you have your facts wrong. TIA

Just sayin', it doesn't really matter whether they were caught or not. Trayvon wasn't "profiled" as a black teen. He was suspicious because he was loitering in the rain, looked like he was on something, up to no good and was a stranger to George who had lived there for a number of years. Wouldn't matter if he or the other dudes were pink with purple polka dots. He was suspicious for a number of other legitimate reasons. jmo

In my mind, that's the bottom line. TM would still be alive if GZ had stayed in his car. Just trying to keep it simple.

This is a what-if, only. What if GZ just wanted to go to his own mailbox, but some guy was lurking around the mailboxes, in the rain, with no apparent place to go. So, he had no right to get out of his vehicle in his own neighborhood? And he had no right to be suspicious of this person?

Have you ever met a gang of kids on a sidewalk, and they refused to walk in single file, or move over to let you get by? Since you are the single one, you have to get off and walk in the grass. It's arrogance, it's rudeness, it's bullying. I see the same thing going on here. I see an arrogant kid that decides to push this guy around because he's " looking" at him. I see no sign of him being afraid of Zimmerman. I may not have ran to my own home, (not wanting him to know where I lived) but I would have at least ran as far, and as fast as my legs would have carried me. You can bet I wouldn't still be in the same area as the person I was fearful of. I have no doubt TM circled back and attacked GZ. This is just my opinion, and I use my own life experiences to form this opinion.

touchee.. with all due respect, I'm glad I don't live in NJ where a home invader with 9 prior felony convictions assaults a mother with 2 small children caught on nannycam. Due to the disarming of its law abiding citizens..

We can have guns in our homes. Concealed carry permits are very very hard to get here. I'm thankful for that.
If I see something suspicious, I call the police and let them do their jobs.

But, but, but.....shouldn't the defense be objecting to the outright lies?

Then they would sound like the rediculas Arias defense team. The defense still have their time coming, and can dispute or add any info that they want to. But as the roles are reversed in this case, the prosecution may try to object to everything the defense says.

or stayed at his father's fiance's condo as RJ indicated
Yup...or been in Sanford...or had been born, for that matter. You have a kid thinking like a kid...and an adult who possessed very poor judgement, IMO.

I hope Angela Corey is disbarred and GZ becomes a very rich man after this JMO. That is all.

Justice for George

Wow. He should become a rich man for shooting an unarmed teenager?

IMO
When people say things like GZ shouldn't be on trial I get very offended. Simply because we have a justice system in country for matters just like this. I'm in not sorry that GZ is on trail to see if a jury of his peers believe he acted in self defense. GZ has no more rights then TM. TM may have been defending himself when that altercation took place. GZ is the only one who can claim self defense. Why should we believe him?

The fact is that TM wasn't doing anything that night but walking home. It's a scary world if you are suspicious of every you black male you see in your neighborhood. For those of you who point to the break ins, so what? TM didn't have anything to do with those break ins. So did TM have to pay for those men who did the home invasions? Those of you that think its ok to be suspicious of young black men because a young black man was robbing house don't seem to get it. It is profiling. Do you think all you black men rob people? Fear breeds hate.

I say all that to say that whether it was self defense or not. The way this whole thing started was wrong. GZ was wrong. TM wasn't robbing his neighborhood. So no reason to legally follow him in the first place. For some of you I get that you probably will never understand. When you go to a retail mall and are followed around the store for fear you may steal something, maybe you will understand. It happens every day. And it is wrong.

TM was walking home. He shouldn't have died because of fear. He couldn't change what he looked like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets get back to basics. I didn't event this information.
A BOY is a young human usually a child or adolescent.
An adolescent is a human in the teen years.
Does this help?
IMO

Not being snarky but help me understand.

You have not invented information. Age is relative -- all you have to do is Google pictures of TM to form an opinion if he was a child, an adolescent or a human able to kick a smaller someone's @$$.

I have been an adult since I was 15 regardless of age!

LOL - abrasions to the hand from the State, really?! :floorlaugh:

It's also been a point of concern for that TM's father seemed to show no concern that his son (who had recently been suspended and sent to live with him over behavioral propblems) did not come home that night. He didn't contact police or otherwise make an effort to find out where he was until the next morning. IMO

Must admit when I read that HERE I felt better. Pictured his father going out to see what the commotion was all about and, you get the picture. Agree with what you said, disturbing.

We can have guns in our homes. Concealed carry permits are very very hard to get here. I'm thankful for that.
If I see something suspicious, I call the police and let them do their jobs.

That does not mean people are not walking around armed..

I honestly would rather have more citizens legally carrying than the criminals.

I have a question. If that's really George's voice, why not submit to testing?
I understand he has no obligation to prove anything. That's his constitutional right. It's better for him to raise doubt.

He killed the eye witness to what? Following him. That's not against the law. MOO.

I respectfully request a link because I am confident you have your facts wrong. TIA

That link has already been posted in this thread - or the previous one. You can use the search button in the task bar above to search for it.

Please provide a link for the bolded "fact", thank you.
I'll help if I can. On the call with RJ, he said he was at the back of his Dad's place. The back of the houses have a porch and sliding glass door. While not exactly the words used by RJ/GZ (you can listen to RJ's testimony to hear it exactly), it isn't being inaccurate to say TM was near the porch when you understand the houses. IMO Hope that helped.

Yup...or been in Sanford...or had been born, for that matter. You have a kid thinking like a kid...and an adult who possessed very poor judgement, IMO.

Not in evidence.

The facts show that GZ called the cops and waited while keeping an eye out for TM. Not that he was hunting him down.

TM shows poor judgment by not just going in when he was already home. HE knew that GZ was out there. All he had to do is walk in the house. However He went back to where GZ was. According to RJ and her calls and accounts and fit with GZ, It is TM that goes after where GZ was. Not the other way around.

I understand he has no obligation to prove anything. That's his constitutional right. It's better for him to raise doubt.

IIRC, he did. Willingly. Eagerly. The FBI voice analyst indicated that there wasn't enough of a sample to definitively determine whose voice it was.

The experts said that there was no way to do independent testing and get a valid conclusion.

The bottom line is that getting out of your car is not illegal.

IMO
Yup...and gertting out of a car while in possession of a firearm looking for someone who you (and you alone) have deemed suspicious is a recipe for disaster, IMO. For someone who supposedly was so gungho LE, you would think he would have stayed in the car when directed to. And I know that the dispatcher was a civilian...but he spoke for LE when he said, "We don't need you to do that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking