George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't aware of that. Isn't the entire case based on self-defense and GZ's imminent fear of losing his life. Or is it only 'self-defense'? I'm confused.

IANAL, but self-defense and SYG are not the same thing. GZ is claiming self-defense not SYG. This trial has nothing to do with SYG which (apparently) is an extension of the "Castle Doctrine." JMO. OMO. MOO.

I will agree with you on your second point about GZ running to catch up, etc. However I disagree with you about TM's baggy pants. If you watch the 7-11 video you can clearly see that his pants are down around the bottom of his behind and he even has to pull them up at one point. You see him pull them up to his waist and then they resettle low on his hips. IMO

Okay, I had to go and look at the video. His pants do appear to be somewhat ill-fitting. I don't see them down around his ankles, but he maybe could have used a belt. I don't see a lot of slouching but I do see him pull them up or readjust them at one point during the video. I live in the city and have often seen young men with the problem you mention above, their pants are usually 3-4 times too large for their frame. I didn't see that with TM, but I did see some slack in the fit.

Don't you think the state would have brought it up if it were even a remote possibility? They were certainly grasping at any straws they could find. It is amazing the lengths folks are going to in an effort to discount the violence inflicted upon GZ. JMO. OMO. MOO.

It's not a lengthy assumption or even far fetched or quite a few of you would have disregarded it long ago. Because the prosecution didn't think or care to pursue it doesn't make it impossible.... At all.

I wasn't aware of that. Isn't the entire case based on self-defense and GZ's imminent fear of losing his life. Or is it only 'self-defense'? I'm confused.

The defense decided not to use the parts of the statute that are considered SYG and, instead, based the defense on the provisions of the same statute that constitute traditional self-defense.

jmo

George typecast Martin and an "(expletive) punk" rather quickly. Not because of anything Martin did, but due to how he looked. Martin looked like George's stereotype of a burglar, therefore he was a burglar. He wanted to make sure this "(expletive) didn't get away".

Being Hispanic doesn't preclude someone from thinking like a bigot.

Neither does being AA. And TM (not GZ) was the person who used racial epithets, according to the evidence and testimony presented at trial. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Dear Websleuths Members,

I really don't want to close this thread so please, I am begging you, race was not brought up by the prosecution therefore we need to leave race out of this case for the purpose of our discussion.

Racism IMO is still a huge and ugly issue in this country. No one is denying that at all.

If we allow the race discussion at this time nothing will happen other than people will be hurt and angry and we will have to shut down the thread.

For now, for this case, we are sticking with the facts as presented in court and opinions. Nothing said by the prosecution indicates that Trayvon's race was a factor.

You may disagree with me and that is certainly your right but I won't allow that discussion on this website for the reasons I stated above.

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith
Co-Owner Websleuths.com
Sorry...I will not be baited again, thanks tricia

I (and the expert witnesses we heard from at the trial) disagree with you.
To each their own.

JMO

Which expert witness? Because the state had one testify that the injuries were insignificant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By getting into a scuffle with LE? Just like GZ thought he was "helping" out the neighborhood. Obviously, his judgement is very clouded. Yet, he still has "no regrets". That's a very dangerous man. JMO

It was an UNDERCOVER ATF officer, and GZ claims that he did not know it was an LE officer at the time. He was in a club with his friend, who was being dragged out by two men in plainclothes. he scuffled with one, to help hisd friend, who he thought was being assaulted.

John Good--the man in whose yard they were fighting

He said that he put one foot on his patio and told them to stop--that he was going to call the police. He said the lighter-skinned guy was on the bottom. The guy on top was over him, grounding and pounding MMA style..

You missed the witness testimony by John Good changing that to not MMA since GZ was the experienced MMA guy after all? Or the testimony he saw arms up and down but not punching?

If you've been following this thread there was a discussion about the "skipping/running" movement George described and it was discussed that many teens with the big baggy pants run in a more skipping type style do to their large pants.

I have been following this thread since Day One but I'm at work and can't possibly read every single post. Thanks!

Solid red line indicates how far TM went in those now famous 4 minutes.

Screen-Shot-2013-06-18-at-10.20.55-AM1.png

Actually, TM was staying at a home in the next block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member