George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I had to go and look at the video. His pants do appear to be somewhat ill-fitting. I don't see them down around his ankles, but he maybe could have used a belt. I don't see a lot of slouching but I do see him pull them up or readjust them at one point during the video. I live in the city and have often seen young men with the problem you mention above, their pants are usually 3-4 times too large for their frame. I didn't see that with TM, but I did see some slack in the fit.

It's quite popular "nowadays" (God, that makes me sound old!!) to sag a little. My son does the same thing. His pants fit him well (they aren't big and baggy whatsoever) but he does wear them down a little on his waist. I don't get the style AT ALL but whatever. :)

Question from someone who hasn't been reading the threads much. Did we have a WS observer in the courtroom? Any insight on juror demeanor during the trial?
Nope...no onsite observer that I can tell. From what I gather, there was a very limited number of seats. Like next to none...lol.

Oh, I completely disregard it. But it does grow tiresome to see it hauled out again and again, especially considering that this is a trial discussion and it is a theory that even the state realized was too easily disproved. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Great post. ITA

Jury requesting an inventory list of all the evidence in this case! Huh?

I am truly dumbfounded about the continual recoil comments....do you not think for ONE second that the prosecution would have brought that to light if that was even a remote possibility? I mean, why wouldn't they, that would be the "smoking gun" per se.....???

GZ was punched by TM as evidenced by photos that we all have seen.

Didn't mean to imply that you should have. My response was just referencing that it was in response to a discussion earlier in the thread. Not implying you were slacking. Just trying to clarify where it was coming in at. JMO Thanks.

And I didn't take it that way. :)

I am truly dumbfounded about the continual recoil comments....do you not think for ONE second that the prosecution would have brought that to light if that was even a remote possibility? I mean, why wouldn't they, that would be the "smoking gun" per se.....???

GZ was punched by TM as evidenced by photos that we all have seen.

It doesn't make sense. GZ would have to be holding the gun directly in front of his face when he fired. No.

Okay folks...this is my first time posting even though I've been here through 3 trials.

The one thing that bothers me about this whole self-defense theory is this..........if GZ was so in fear of his life/injury, why did he take the time to carefully AIM his gun at TMs heart? In every statement, even in the re-enactment, he says he AIMED the gun. He went to great pains in one interview to explain how he took the time to make sure that the gun was beyond his OWN hand before he fired, so as not to hurt himself.

If someone has the awareness and capacity to AIM gun, if they have the awareness and capacity to not harm themselves, they have the awareness and capacity to aim that gun at a non life-threatening area, like a shoulder, arm, leg, etc.

They also have the awareness and capacity to say "Stop or I'll shoot".

If someone is in such a blind panic for their life, they pull the gun and fire anywhere, even in the air, just to get them to stop.

They don't take great pains to not injure themselves. They don't AIM for the HEART.

I don't know why the state didn't seize on those statements. Regardless of who did/didn't start the altercation, GZ didn't shoot to stop or incapacitate TM, he AIMED for the HEART.

MOO

It was an UNDERCOVER ATF officer, and GZ claims that he did not know it was an LE officer at the time. He was in a club with his friend, who was being dragged out by two men in plainclothes. he scuffled with one, to help hisd friend, who he thought was being assaulted.

Nancy Grace read the police report and it said that the UC told GZ he was a cop, and GZ said "I don't give a *advertiser censored** who you are".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, TM was staying at a home in the next block.

No, the graphic is correct. Green's home was 2631 RVC. However, the comment "Solid red line indicates how far TM went in those now famous 4 minutes" is speculative. Nobody really knows what he was doing in that time. We do know he ended up back the T somehow.

Okay folks...this is my first time posting even though I've been here through 3 trials.

The one thing that bothers me about this whole self-defense theory is this..........if GZ was so in fear of his life/injury, why did he take the time to carefully AIM his gun at TMs heart? In every statement, even in the re-enactment, he says he AIMED the gun. He went to great pains in one interview to explain how he took the time to make sure that the gun was beyond his OWN hand before he fired, so as not to hurt himself.

If someone has the awareness and capacity to AIM gun, if they have the awareness and capacity to not harm themselves, they have the awareness and capacity to aim that gun at a non life-threatening area, like a shoulder, arm, leg, etc.

If someone is in such a blind panic for their life, they pull the gun and fire anywhere, even in the air, just to get them to stop.

They don't take great pains to not injure themselves. They don't AIM for the HEART.

I don't know why the state didn't seize on those statements. Regardless of who did/didn't start the altercation, GZ didn't shoot to stop or incapacitate TM, he AIMED for the HEART.

MOO

Congratulations on your first post bamcaan and welcome to our group!

:wagon:

MOO

And if he didn't aim for the heart, Trayvon would still continue to hit him, IMO.

It was an UNDERCOVER ATF officer, and GZ claims that he did not know it was an LE officer at the time. He was in a club with his friend, who was being dragged out by two men in plainclothes. he scuffled with one, to help hisd friend, who he thought was being assaulted.

BBM: This is what I have a problem with...anything GZ says. He's been shown to lie to protect himself and makes excuses for his troubles with the law. JMO

I don't think it's a good, solid logical explanation of what might have broken GZ's nose. I get that you think it's a good possibility.

A 12 gauge shotgun held half an inch in front of his nose might be a possibility. Otherwise I agree, very very very unlikely to have happened with a 9mm.

I find the interesting theories on guns (i.e. bullet in the chamber is irresponsible, the recoil might have broken his nose, people don't carry when shopping etc...) to be very enlightening.

Not meant to be snarky just very interesting how folks in different parts of the country view things.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member