George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're just now asking for an exhibit list, I doubt a decision will be reached today. Of course, you never know.

I agree, you just never know, but it sounds like the jury is willing to take time to be thorough.

Do y'all know whether the jury is allowed to work on the weekend?

Marlap - don't quote me (and I don't have a link) but I seem to remember hearing that the Judge IS going to allow weekend deliberations.

I just tuned in to the verdict watch, sorry if already answered. How long is the jury deliberating today? Is it up to them, are they working through the weekend? Or do we know that yet? TIA

Key elements that one needs to take into consideration.

Everyone is saying how RJ is not very smart which ect..... I think that she cannot convey here thought in the court room but here it a point. That one has to believe that she is just speaking to the events.

TM intent was to get back home? why? because he was interested in the All Start game. He asked what the score was. That was an interest to him.

As this image depicts aks the question How/why would TM walk back to the TEE.

Motive? He is half way home.
What did he have to prove?
There was no verbal contact with GZ.
What did he have to gain going back?
TM objective was to get the drink and candy for his brother?
Why go back?

To me this is common sense. I don't know why anyone who run from someone and then go back to confront them. It makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just heard on Fox judge says they can deliberate as long as they like tonight and through w/e..now I don't think that means an " all nighter"..

I just tuned in to the verdict watch, sorry if already answered. How long is the jury deliberating today? Is it up to them, are they working through the weekend? Or do we know that yet? TIA

Yes, Nezumi just said they were deliberating this weekend.

I don't know how long they'll go today.

Okay folks...this is my first time posting even though I've been here through 3 trials.

The one thing that bothers me about this whole self-defense theory is this..........if GZ was so in fear of his life/injury, why did he take the time to carefully AIM his gun at TMs heart? In every statement, even in the re-enactment, he says he AIMED the gun. He went to great pains in one interview to explain how he took the time to make sure that the gun was beyond his OWN hand before he fired, so as not to hurt himself.

If someone has the awareness and capacity to AIM gun, if they have the awareness and capacity to not harm themselves, they have the awareness and capacity to aim that gun at a non life-threatening area, like a shoulder, arm, leg, etc.

They also have the awareness and capacity to say "Stop or I'll shoot".

If someone is in such a blind panic for their life, they pull the gun and fire anywhere, even in the air, just to get them to stop.

They don't take great pains to not injure themselves. They don't AIM for the HEART.

I don't know why the state didn't seize on those statements. Regardless of who did/didn't start the altercation, GZ didn't shoot to stop or incapacitate TM, he AIMED for the HEART.

MOO

Thank You...and yet more proof that he is guilty and that he had time and intent. It sounds premeditated.

To me this is common sense. I don't know why anyone who run from someone and then go back to confront them. It makes no sense.

Which is why we are all wondering (IMO) why Trayvon decided to come back.

It does not make any sense.

Do y'all know whether the jury is allowed to work on the weekend?

Michelle Kennedy, Court PIO, indicated early on that jurors were to work thru, deliberate thru, the weekend, if needed. Judge Nelson has not stated that officially in court but is the understanding of Kennedy who works closely with the judge on all things jury related.

Jury seems ready to get back home. They have been sequestered for almost 3 weeks.
They’ve said no to breaks in an effort to work thru trial. 5 out of 6 have children. 2 have young children. They seem eager to work.

Serafin Gomez
Miami Bureau Producer
Fox News Channel

So now Trayvon was doing the "Crip Walk?" God help me. :sigh:
if it was possible to do so I would have removed the title of the video. it does show various people in motion, moving forward, not remaining in one place, and engaging in a physical activity that can easily be described as skipping along a sidewalk

And if he didn't aim for the heart, Trayvon would still continue to hit him, IMO.

I am not sure he said he aimed for the heart, he just said he made sure he was beyond his other hand. People watch too much TV to think you can aim to wound and you always hit your target. IMO

I had friend a Police Officer who always shot in the high 90s and lots of 100s on the range got into a shooting where a guy came at them with a knife, the aim was center mass and the hit was the shoulder that was with the person about 4 ft away.

Could be he got close to his house and then realized he could be leading GZ to his home if he went inside and went to see if he was still being followed before he went in to find that he was or at least the man who was following him was still around.

I was followed once and even though I ran straight home I did have this fear that the man had followed me and would come for me that day or another day at some point.

ETA: could also be that Trayvon realized he was home alone or that there was only a kid there and wanted to stay outside in case something happened to him and there would be people around to help him instead of cornering himself in his home. I can really identify with what Trayvon may have been going through that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member