Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to high school in Switzerland back in the 70's. The student population came from 66 different countries. We were all just kids, and race was never ever an issue. I came back to the US to go to college and it took a lot of adjusting to as I was an Europeanized American. What horrified me was the ease with which people used all kinds of slurs to refer to people of all ethnic backgrounds. IMO, we need to do a better job teaching our children respect for everyone. What we teach now will affect generations to come. Some of this rhetoric on tv and otherwise is simply not warranted. JMV, IMO

I also went to multinational multicultural private HS school for two years outside the states, what I difference.....

Yes it is your spin. She says a few other things about the conversation as well. She also says BY. I'm done arguing with you about it. GZ said he was going toward TM then says TM was coming toward him. He also says he jumped out of bushes and that TM walked toward him. Sorry. It's all spin. His statements aren't consistent either.

I don't agree with you. I've said many times before, I think he is guilty of manslaughter. Lets move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GZ didn't say TM made it home, State didn't say he did. Defense doesn't think he made it home, They said he should have ran there in 4 minutes which was more like 2...

:toastred:

Yes, I have. And I still assert that GZ was justified.

No doubt in my mind. Not even beyond a reasonable doubt, beyond all doubt for me.

Amen.

IMO

I agree.

Are any of you seeking a real good explanation of the law in this matter? Are you tired of talking heads that don't even know the facts of the case better than the average WSer? Are you tired of TV lawyers misleading you by talking about things that have no legal foundation for a jury to consider?

Go here and read!!!! Very informative, fact-based explanation.

http://ccwvslaw.org/item/848

Read this transcript, during a prior conversation, she says that TM said he was "right by" his father's girlfriend's house. Moments later, in a subsequent conversation, TM tells her he is "at" the house and that he lost GZ.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/26/cnr.10.html

JEANTEL: He said he from -- I asked him where he at. He told me he at the back of his daddy fiancee house like in the area where his daddy fiancee -- by his daddy fiancee house. I said, you better keep running. He said, no, he lost him.

IMHO, it is silly to pretend that "right by," "at," and "by" mean anything other than TM had made home. If RJ is telling the truth, at least. JMO. OMO. MOO.

BBM: Exactly. She never said he is AT his Dad's house. She said at the BACK of his Dad's house, in the AREA of his Dad's house...and prior to the transcript you posted, she said he said "he almost right by his Daddy's fiance house".

Crystal clear. Thank you for transcript. I provided the link to the testimony itself up thread in case others want to listen to it. :twocents:

I also learned how to use a gun and carry it - a suggestion by my LEO relative. It is my heartfelt opinion and personal experience that gun owners who get a CCP are told over and over again that the gun is a last resort.

People who own guns for protection are FOR LIFE, saving lives, not out for murder or eager to kill. They cherish life and know the power of a gun and don't take the charge of carrying one lightly. I've known a bunch of what the left would call "gun nuts" and they aren't really nuts at all. They are not out to kill, but to protect.

In my opinion, that is why GZ was screaming for help. I don't think he wanted to have to pull his weapon. He didn't want them to call 911 he wanted HELP. As the defense "self-defense" expert said, at that point he had no options if he felt like he was going to become unconscious and/if/or TM saw the gun and went for it.

IMO (like that judge requires on "The Good Wife")

My thanks button was gone, and I couldn't let this one go! You are so right in every word you wrote.

i went to high school in switzerland back in the 70's. The student population came from 66 different countries. We were all just kids, and race was never ever an issue. I came back to the us to go to college and it took a lot of adjusting to as i was an europeanized american. What horrified me was the ease with which people used all kinds of slurs to refer to people of all ethnic backgrounds. Imo, we need to do a better job teaching our children respect for everyone. What we teach now will affect generations to come. Some of this rhetoric on tv and otherwise is simply not warranted. Jmv, imo

bravo!!!! THANK YOU FOR THIS!

Yes it is your spin. She says a few other things about the conversation as well. She also says BY. I'm done arguing with you about it. GZ said he was going toward TM then says TM was coming toward him. He also says he jumped out of bushes and that TM walked toward him. Sorry. It's all spin. His statements aren't consistent either.

I don't agree with you. I've said many times before, I think he is guilty of manslaughter. Lets move on.

No. It is not. She says AT. You can not change that. She said in a quote of TM..
" HE SAID HE AT "

not by.. Not near.. .AT.

It makes a big difference.. By, Near, Close to, All descriptions she makes.. But when asked under direct by the prosecutor step by step..

She says he told her HE WAS AT his fathers house.. Not by...

That is not spin. That is fact.

It took :13 seconds for GZ to walk from where he was to the T sidewalk. There are something like 2 minutes missing. What was he doing during that time? Where was he?

Trayvon runs.

Loses GZ

Stops running and starts walking normal again.

GZ hangs up phone and continues running after/ walking fast after Trayvon.

Really? That is so illogical and "pathetic" that you can't wrap your head around it?

Thanks for the confirmation of the accuracy of my previous post.

What you just described could be equally ascribed to TM.

No. Because GZ never had the upper hand.. TM was not beaten, cut, His sweatshirt not pulled.. No hits with a flashlight. To me the evidence shows that TM got the upper hand first and fast.

It only goes to TM if he was the one who was under physical attack and that is not what the evidence shows. OMO

Just had myself a much needed chuckle. One of the commentators on CNN just called this jury the "Energizer Jury".

I was just saying the same thing. Dang! It's almost 10:00 EST - those women are machines!

Thanks for the confirmation of the accuracy of my previous post.

That doesn't make any sense. It's a non response.

That is a totally plausible scenario and you know it.

The difference is I am just putting out there as a possibility. You are asserting that it is an absolute fact that Trayvon doubled back without one shred of evidence.

So go on.

I'm telling you..."at" does not necessarily mean AT in young urban speak. AT could also mean at the housing division. There are differences in standard English and the English the youth use. It's not right, but it's true. Take it or leave it.

You know, I remember you swearing you wouldn't watch this trial. And, no, I was not surprised at all to see you here.

:D

I think us WSers know each other too well. Of course we can't stay away from this stuff. It's what brought us here!

(Good to "see" you!)

No. It is not. She says AT. You can not change that. She said in a quote of TM..
" HE SAID HE AT "

not by.. Not near.. .AT.

It makes a big difference.. By, Near, Close to, All descriptions she makes.. But when asked under direct by the prosecutor step by step..

She says he told her HE WAS AT his fathers house.. Not by...

That is not spin. That is fact.

She also says BY. The transcript is posted, the video is posted. Why are you so argumentative I don't agree with you. I have asked you to move on. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members