Verdict is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burden of proof is much less in a civil suit, and usually you can win that if you have anything to go on. In my opinion, there isn't a shred of evidence to back up a civil suit. So, if they do file a civil suit, and they lose, I hope they have to pay GZ's attorney fees, and I hope GZ turns around and sues them for harassment.

Immunity is still at issue. Sharpton..pfffft is the nicest thing I can think of to say about him.

Casey Anthony never has, just saying!

I believe CA has been able to avoid testifying because she has still has some of he minor charges under appeal, and can plead the 5th until that is resolved.
The law often seems unfair to me, but I respect our system, even when I disagree.

I am loving the comments by the defense attorneys. Mark your calendar - likely you will never hear those words from me again - typically pro State and not a fan of defense attorneys.

I have to say something - it's been inside me - please don't time out me...I'm bursting...you are my therapy...the judge resembled Chris Farley. Really. I kept trying to place in my mind who she reminded me of. If that is not allowed, mods, please delete.

I bet some are still sending him money.

IMO

His defense cost more than a million dollars. That is when you have the power of the state of florida and the money of the taxpayers against you.

I hope that this verdict tells all Americans that it's okay to defend yourself against violent attack. MOO.

I think I'll finally enroll in that c & c class now.... To protect me and mine from "self defense" claims.... That way no one will be left to tell their own self serving story... A very sad Mom of young adult boys :(

Really? You don't wish that it had just ended as a fistfight?

Do you know how many fistfights there are across the US every day? No matter the verdict, I would hope that folks don't start thinking that those sorts of wounds mean they are dying and get all crazy about it.

It totally depends on the situation, but I'd hate to see every bar brawl or football argument end like this did. Especially with people going around concealed-carry.

As a gun owner, I'd like to advocate for much greater responsibility among gun owners. Even if the FL law doesn't mandate extreme responsibility, it is very important and morally imperative. Because GZ was carrying, he needed to be responsible beyond any reproach, imho. He needed to be extra careful. He needed to keep his gun away from any fistfights he got himself into :(

Walking up to someone and sucker punching them is not a fist fight, it's an assault. And beating someone's head into the sidewalk is a brutal assault.

Boy, oh boy! West just let the cat out of the bag! They fear that judge, and they are going out of their way not to say anything against her. Now sure I'd care about my bar licenses....I'd say exactly what I felt...and it wouldn't be nice!

In my world, self-defence is when someone is attacking you or aggressively threatening your life.

I didn't think GZ was guilty of murder but I'm astounded that he was found not guilty of all charges.

Stay in your house folks. It's not safe out there. All the good people are armed.

Can I say thanks to all of you that went through this trial with me? I really learned so much and was so glad to share and chat and debate the case with you. Whether we agreed or not, I respect you all who put in the time and watched the trial and really went through the evidence.

You are awesome! Thanks so much!

It's people who use it as an excuse, most probably didn't even watch the trial...

Exactly. People who chose to riot are just a bunch of hooligans looking for a reason to destroy property and cause trouble. It serves no useful purpose in any way.

He has no problems from here on in. Gigantic settlements/verdicts are inevitable. George was the victim of the most obvious and public railroading in my lifetime. He and Shellie will buy themselves an island and toast the haters.

jmo

An Island sounds like a good place for him.IMO

But it is really hard to win a civil after a full acquittal. And O'Mara just announced that he will be fighting for full immunity from any civil proceedings since he was found Not Guilty.

Please. OJ was acquitted. And the spanked him with that civil trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Trayvon had none of George Zimmerman's blood on his hands, but George will forever have Trayvon's blood on his."

jmo moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member