Verdict is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad I live in an area where I can walk unafraid because the vast majority is unarmed. A great big liberal diverse city!
Living in fear is not living at all, IMHO.

Sad for all those who do.

We have concealed carry here, and we are a diverse liberal (split conservative, lol) city :) It's the usual suspects who cause problems. Like this case, imho, with someone pursuing someone in a dark alley with a gun and not even considering the logical possible outcomes of that.

I don't CC. It's not safe enough for me. I do own guns. I don't take them into danger, unless it's animal danger. They aren't safe around people! Ironic, isn't it?

No more race talk, guys! If it continues, we'll have to close the thread.

In other Florida News... SICKENING!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

(CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.

I hope GZ doesn't enjoy spending the $30,000 a month he's been getting. I also hope he's haunted with nightmares forever and a day.

That woman charged with 20 years I don't know much about, but sounds like another tragedy of justice.

I'm outta here. I'm too angry, saddened and depressed.

Because it would be news- and it would make a lot of GZ's supporters feel even more self righteous in their pre-judgement of young African Americans.

This. And this is what worries me. I believe that this verdict will show some people it is ok to fear young black males. It's scary because fear breeds hate.

I respect the juries decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite honestly, the biggest lesson I learned from this trial is that the media is ruthless and repulsive. They will try to change past, history, and future - all for the benefit of ratings.

It's truly frightening.

AMEN to that! I completely agree.

It has been stated over and over, this was not found to be a racial issue.

Mods have told us to not bring race into our conversation.

I don't want us to get shut down, so lets please keep these absolutes in mind before posting.

Thanks!

Quite honestly, the biggest lesson I learned from this trial is that the media is ruthless and repulsive. They will try to change past, history, and future - all for the benefit of ratings.

It's truly frightening.

I agree. I think this case was absolutely triggered and aggravated by the media..

I remember someone saying " WE are not supposed to be the news, we are just supposed to report it.. "

I can not remember who to credit it.. But that is sadly no longer the case.

We have concealed carry here, and we are a diverse liberal (split conservative, lol) city :) It's the usual suspects who cause problems. Like this case, imho, with someone pursuing someone in a dark alley with a gun and not even considering the logical possible outcomes of that.

I don't CC. It's not safe enough for me. I do own guns. I don't take them into danger, unless it's animal danger. They aren't safe around people! Ironic, isn't it?

I don't like CC either. But you can't have a law, and still charge someone who has been following that law.

It's truly frightening.

Amen, Hopeful One.. it's very sad and scary :(

Excuse me? My daughter has every right to walk our neighborhood at any time she is allowed by law and by her parents. Who are YOU to say otherwise?

What an evil, hateful thing to say.

Not to mention that the 911 call showed that it was the other way around - that GZ was told to quit following the kid he killed. GZ was the one doing the accosting.

Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah.
Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Not interested in hearing McCollum and Glass, Hornsby spew. The show is totally one-sided, IMO.

Sorry Trayvon. You deserved better. :*(
Boodles call in. I would LOVE a differing view point. 760-825-0933

I am sick and disgusted. I hate the gun toting trigger happy world we live in. Shoot the black kid first, ask questions later. Just awful.

YEs, too many guns... too many people living in fear and ignorance.

It's truly frightening.

I have to agree with this. The media is supposed
to be about finding the truth not creating the truth.

Omg seriously! What is with the media harping on riots?? Has there been evidence of a single riot?? Stop already!

IMO rioting went out with boomboxes. I think we have grown up as a community and I will be really disappointed if people let this case get to them so bad that they destroy their home town.

Not to mention that the 911 call showed that it was the other way around - that GZ was told to quit following the kid he killed. GZ was the one doing the accosting.

Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah.
Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.

It is over now. Bringing up points to argue about are moot. He is not guilty.

We all do need to move on from it. To accept it whether we agree or not and just breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiseThread07