Flores investigative report- Discuss it here

I agree 100%! I think she really did believe she'd managed to remove all evidence of her presence at the scene, simply by washing the bedding, Travis, parts of the wall, and herself. She likely saw no point in staying any longer, with a roommate due to return home soon, to try and clean up any more of the very expansive crime scene. Again, we're talking about someone who believes that she is better and smarter than anyone else, including law enforcement.

Frankly, considering the fact that the only physical evidence found at the scene which pointed to her (if we ignore the camera) was a single hair and a mixed-DNA handprint in blood, she didn't do too bad of a job. The DNA evidence against Amanda Knox and R. Sollecito in the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy was no less damning, and they still got off on appeal.

The kicker, of course, is the camera, which I agree with you she likely didn't mean to toss in the washing machine, and certainly never thought would come back to place her conclusively at the scene at the time TA was killed. I think she had thrown it on the bed, and it got mixed in with the pile of clothes/towel/bedding she was bundling up to wash.

(Off topic, but I think the slippery bannister was later evidence of her Jodi-centric cleanup efforts. She had cuts on her left hand, and when she returned to TA's bedroom after visiting the laundry room, she probably inadvertently put her hand on it and got her own blood on the bannister, which would have been on her left going upstairs, and then had to wash it off.)

I know, this case reminded me so much of the AK/RS case, too, in fact there was probably more in that case and they walked free and now she's on TV still talking about herself and her feelings all the time. In that case there was only a partial print of a sock foot that allegedly match AK, and mixed DNA from the alleged male perps on the bra strap, but also supposedly the victim's blood on a knife at RS's apartment where RS and AK had returned to, but of course the DNA evidence was later called into question due to allegations about possible cross contamination. Then in this case supposedly there's the partial palm print in JA's blood, everyone can decide for themselves if they trust that evidence or what it means.

Of course she could have left a bloody handprint without being the perp, it doesn't necessarily clash with a scenario in which they were both attacked or if there was a fight between them, etc.
What I always wondered was, if she'd really attacked him with a knife by herself, wouldn't he have just taken the knife away from her? Wouldn't he whirl around and take the knife? He was a lot bigger than her. Why would he sustain so many wounds to his back and not turn around to stop her, unless he was busy fending off other injuries from the other side at the time? So I kind of never completely gave up on the theory of more than one perp, I mean the injuries could fit that scenario. If it were only her, how could she do that much damage and not sustain much more damage herself?

Also of course, if she was the perp why leave the camera, it's like it was either placed there to be found or else placed there by a very confused and disoriented person, definitely not someone trying to cover her tracks. And if she'd gone there with any plan to commit murder, why allow herself to be photographed, why hang around doing any of the things she did or submit to any of the things she did? Why spend so much time she would later have to account for? I always kind of wondered about the possibility that she was drugged, or if both of them were. The crime scene was so disorganized. So much of this case hinged on her confession really, but how reliable was that? I don't know. Edited to add, of course all this is purely theoretical as the jury already reached a verdict.

regarding the person who submitted a tip to police (tipster mentioned in the Flores report) who was later found dead of a gunshot wound to the head, anyone have the link handy to the death report? thanks

<modsnip>
thanks

I read it back in Feb or March, think I just googled for it using her name, not sure whose site had the link. I didn't see anything suspicious in reading through the autopsy report, but I'm a layperson so no great experience in deciphering them.

I thought M and friends couldn't get any answer from the roommates and could see Napoleon wandering around inside, so they got either a garage door opener or a pass code from some other friend to enter through the garage, or else already had this with them and used it to enter. Then when they entered they found Napoleon wandering around and the roommates and their girlfriends in the bedrooms, and there was the overpowering smell, and they said we need to get into his room, the one roommate got the key from the office and they entered the room. Is that not correct? If the roommates were the ones who told them a pass code to enter thru the garage why not let them in themselves, weren't they there? Thank you for helping me with these details.

edited to add: He had had various girls in to take care of Napoleon at different times hadn't he, so maybe a few people knew the code. Even the tipster in the Flores report had been a close friend at one time texting a lot with him and planning to move in, right? So I wonder who all knew the code.

Where would Mimi and friends get a garage door opener since all the roommates were using a pass code? I thought Mimi called some of TA's friends and found someone who knew the code and he came to the house and checked the inside with them. That's when they checked TA's bedroom which was locked. There was ONE roommate home in his own bedroom with a g/f who supposedly knew where to find the bedroom door key. The roommate that was home and g/f, IIRC, were wearing earphones and didn't hear the commotion of all the friends trying to get into the house.

Hmm, thinking back to when Mimi was on the stand, IIRC, she stated that her, her girl pal and another friend checking on Travis (the night of the 911 call) could hear Napoleon inside but couldn't get in Travis' house so they called some of TA's friends on the phone for help. I have no idea who all knew the garage door code. (I'm going to listen to Mimi's testimony again)

As far as drugs being used, the autopsy stated that Travis had no drugs in his system.

Also, there wasn't any evidence that pointed to other perps according to the LE. All through the trial I thought maybe CMJA had help with murdering Travis but I was wrong.

---"Also, there wasn't any evidence that pointed to other perps according to the LE. All through the trial I thought maybe CMJA had help with murdering Travis but I was wrong."

Why would anybody in their right mind think she had an accomplice? Why would Matt McCartney, or anyone else she knew, go with her to Mesa and help her murder an old boyfriend that he had no beef with? And then go back home while she went on to Ryan Burns. Common sense, people.

---"Also, there wasn't any evidence that pointed to other perps according to the LE. All through the trial I thought maybe CMJA had help with murdering Travis but I was wrong."

Why would anybody in their right mind think she had an accomplice? Why would Matt McCartney, or anyone else she knew, go with her to Mesa and help her murder an old boyfriend that he had no beef with? And then go back home while she went on to Ryan Burns. Common sense, people.

LOL Well dc, there's not a lot of sense in what she *did* do - visit with old boyfriends, drive over to Mesa, kill an old boyfriend, drive up to Utah, jump in the love sac with potential new boyfriend. The situation is inherently without common sense. From what she wrote in the magazine pages and other things she's said ('He'd never betray me'), and considering the brutality of Travis' murder and two weapons involved, it's not that off the wall to have thought maybe someone else was involved.

Just moo.

LOL Well dc, there's not a lot of sense in what she *did* do - visit with old boyfriends, drive over to Mesa, kill an old boyfriend, drive up to Utah, jump in the love sac with potential new boyfriend. The situation is inherently without common sense. From what she wrote in the magazine pages and other things she's said ('He'd never betray me'), and considering the brutality of Travis' murder and two weapons involved, it's not that off the wall to have thought maybe someone else was involved.

Just moo.

With one exception anyone who "would" have helped her were accounted for through the police investigations. None of them were with her. The State proved she was the sole assailant. Let's face it the way she turned on Travis she would turn on anyone who was involved with her if she thought she could place the blame for the killings on them. It's the way she rolls. lol jmo

With one exception anyone who "would" have helped her were accounted for through the police investigations. None of them were with her. The State proved she was the sole assailant. Let's face it the way she turned on Travis she would turn on anyone who was involved with her if she thought she could place the blame for the killings on them. It's the way she rolls. lol jmo

Touché, Lambchop. :)

At first when CMJA 'wasn't even in Mesa' or 'the ninja's did it' I could totally see her NOT ratting out an accomplice because that would make her a killer but after proclaiming I did it, yes, ITA with you Lambchop - that's the way she rolls lol Everyone would be thrown under the bus.

How do we know that Jodi didn't lock the door as she left? She had the passkey......

How do we know that Jodi didn't lock the door as she left? She had the passkey......

Good question, I had no idea she had a passkey. Makes me wonder why she would sneak through Travis' doggy door.

Good question, I had no idea she had a passkey. Makes me wonder why she would sneak through Travis' doggy door.

Dana, you make my brain hurt. Your post are so well thought out.:floorlaugh:

Now, with that said....why would she use the doggy door? She did state that she had the passkey correct? Or am I remembering things that aren't facts? I need sleep! :floorlaugh:

Dana, you make my brain hurt. Your post are so well thought out.:floorlaugh:

Now, with that said....why would she use the doggy door? She did state that she had the passkey correct? Or am I remembering things that aren't facts? I need sleep! :floorlaugh:

I believe what she told Flores was that she had the passcode for the garage door, if I remember rightly. And I'm thinking she had that because her things were in his garage and I'm sure she told him she might need to get things while he was not home. jmo

I believe what she told Flores was that she had the passcode for the garage door, if I remember rightly. And I'm thinking she had that because her things were in his garage and I'm sure she told him she might need to get things while he was not home. jmo

Phew, thanks. It's been a longggggggggggg day in my neck of the woods. :seeya:

Why would anybody in their right mind think she had an accomplice? Why would M Mc, or anyone else she knew, go with her to Mesa and help her murder an old boyfriend that he had no beef with? And then go back home while she went on to R B. Common sense, people.

You may think that only your own opinion is common sense, but I think it's logical enough for others to wonder how she managed to inflict the injuries she did on someone by herself, much less do it without sustaining serious injury on her own body (or any other person her size acting alone). (I.e. why wouldn't he just have taken the knife from her, how did he sustain injuries on both sides of his body, etc, does this scene look more like an attack by one or two perps.) I've never seen anyone accuse the person you mention. I think that's true that LE did not investigate anyone other than JA, there weren't any forensics done on anyone else or their vehicles or clothes or anything else, were there? I always thought the case and conviction rested heavily on her confession, otherwise there really wasn't that much of a logical case against her. Then the question is, was her confession reliable or true?
In my post I was saying I never completely dismissed the theory of two perps, i.e. it wouldn't seem to disagree with the evidence, but I don't have any idea who the two perps would have been in that scenario.
Of course as you say the person you mention wouldn't have had any motive to do anything like that, and you have to wonder, why would she do it either, she didn't actually have any beef with him either and she was on her way to see another guy.

She did confess to killing him, herself, without help.

Of course as you say the person you mention wouldn't have had any motive to do anything like that, and you have to wonder, why would she do it either, she didn't actually have any beef with him either and she was on her way to see another guy.

LOL, apparently she did!

I always think it's a mistake to try to climb into the mind of a psychopath. Their motives are not our motives. Case in point, Big Josh who killed his stepson to revenge the abortions of his unborn. No, C.M. had no real justification for her premeditated murder but her thinking is totally warped, egoistic, selfish & sadistic. We know that because she has laid it bare, like Josh Gouker told us why he beat 14 yr. old Trey Zwicker to death by blunt force. These people are fiends. (Look are the photos of herself she made on her murder trip. Look in her eyes or what passes for eyes.)

Phew, thanks. It's been a longggggggggggg day in my neck of the woods. :seeya:

Tulessa, I just read the footnote on one of your posts (footnote about your brother.) I was so sorry to read that, but so glad you got justice for your brother and his children. Best wishes to you!

LOL, apparently she did!

well that would be a circular argument though, it would be assuming that she did in fact do it, and therefore must have had a motive. We saw that circular reasoning a lot in media coverage of this case and on the boards, well we see that a lot in general with many of these high profile cases. It often seems to be connected with the severity of the crime, i.e. the more severe the injuries and crime, the more likely people seem to be to assume the accused is the one who did it and that they must have had a motive even if no motive is apparent. Not that a motive has to exist or be logical, that is very true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back