Flores investigative report- Discuss it here

INTERESTING!!!

Travis' cellular phone was located in the downstairs office of the home. The last outgoing or incoming call was at 12:13 hours on June 4 2008. There were other incoming calls and txt messages into the phone after that but none were ever answered.
this tells me Travis was not "free" to roam his home sometime after 12:13 he had become a hostage...

Det Flores speaks to Jodi...
The last time she spoke to Travis was on 6/4/2008 between 2000 and 2130 hours. *police knew he had "spoken" to no one by cell on 6/4/08

He was supposed to come and see her last week ,but it didn't happen.
She had also taken a trip to Utah last week.
She mentioned Travis had a Cancun trip scheduled this week and she had emailed him on 6-7-2008 asking if she could stay in his home while he was gone. He never responded.

*****The reason they broke up was because of jealousy. The jealousy went both ways.
AVL might wanna read this report :giggle:

Chris Hughes stated he last had contact with Travis on Wed 6-4-2008 around noon via txt message.
The last outgoing txt by Travis was to Chris Hughes and that was the last known contact he had with anyone.

The digital card had several pictures on it, including SOME, which had been deleted.
The deleted pictures were of Travis naked in the shower,just before his death.

I do not think JA knew of the accidental pics in fact IMO she didn't even check!!. IMO She copied/deleted the shower photos PRIOR to killing Travis!

Detective Melendez stated there were OTHER unallocated photos on the digital card that he would have to work on to retrieve.
could these have been downloaded onto the camera from another source at around 1 pm? Kinda sounds like it. moo

On monday 6-24-2008 JA stated she was possibly going to Tuscon in a few weeks.

She told Ryan Byrnes she FORGOT her phone charger and turned her phone off to conserve the battery. I thought it was under the seat?She told Ryan she got lost and RAN OT OF GAS!
with 3 gas cans! sheesh!!

*****On 7-3-2008 they had her palm print. they KNEW it was her!! so IMO it took 6 days for a Grand Jury to indict and an additional 5 days to arrest her... I am sure she was being followed after 7-3-2008..

just my observations...:seeya:
It gets clearer and clearer!!! :) :) :) ;)

I have no idea about the "science" of this, but... I have always wondered about the fact that he was sitting on the drain and did that just allow many of the fluids that would normally leave the body just go down the drain. That may have had an impact on the odor? Maybe it did not occur as quikly as might have been. Also they do mention that they smelled something but just didnt investigate right away. Plus the roommate being behind closed doors in his own room. But I really have always wondered about the drain in the shower and the fluid going down it, rather than staying in the area.

Yes, i've read that before. His phone and his watch were in the downstairs office.

Jodi does say they had "rough sex" in the office... could be or not be true. :what:

INTERESTING!!!

Travis' cellular phone was located in the downstairs office of the home. The last outgoing or incoming call was at 12:13 hours on June 4 2008. There were other incoming calls and txt messages into the phone after that but none were ever answered.
this tells me Travis was not "free" to roam his home sometime after 12:13 he had become a hostage...

Det Flores speaks to Jodi...
The last time she spoke to Travis was on 6/4/2008 between 2000 and 2130 hours. *police knew he had "spoken" to no one by cell on 6/4/08

He was supposed to come and see her last week ,but it didn't happen.
She had also taken a trip to Utah last week.
She mentioned Travis had a Cancun trip scheduled this week and she had emailed him on 6-7-2008 asking if she could stay in his home while he was gone. He never responded.

*****The reason they broke up was because of jealousy. The jealousy went both ways.
AVL might wanna read this report :giggle:

Chris Hughes stated he last had contact with Travis on Wed 6-4-2008 around noon via txt message.
The last outgoing txt by Travis was to Chris Hughes and that was the last known contact he had with anyone.

The digital card had several pictures on it, including SOME, which had been deleted.
The deleted pictures were of Travis naked in the shower,just before his death.

I do not think JA knew of the accidental pics in fact IMO she didn't even check!!. IMO She copied/deleted the shower photos PRIOR to killing Travis!

Detective Melendez stated there were OTHER unallocated photos on the digital card that he would have to work on to retrieve.
could these have been downloaded onto the camera from another source at around 1 pm? Kinda sounds like it. moo

On monday 6-24-2008 JA stated she was possibly going to Tuscon in a few weeks.

She told Ryan Byrnes she FORGOT her phone charger and turned her phone off to conserve the battery. I thought it was under the seat?She told Ryan she got lost and RAN OT OF GAS!
with 3 gas cans! sheesh!!

*****On 7-3-2008 they had her palm print. they KNEW it was her!! so IMO it took 6 days for a Grand Jury to indict and an additional 5 days to arrest her... I am sure she was being followed after 7-3-2008..

just my observations...:seeya:
It gets clearer and clearer!!! :) :) :) ;)

...I never understood why she made no attempt to clean up the murder scene-- bloody hall and bathroom, but showered off Travis' body, and possibly started the washer with bedding in it. Maybe she really was dumb enough to think that was all it took to get her DNA out of the murder scene.

IDK-- I'm just so very glad she was dumb enough to leave the camera behind!

She said in her interrogation with Flores that her hair, DNA and fingerprints would be there anyway, so I think she was only concerned with sexual evidence and perhaps her blood.

She was still wrong (thank God!):

1. She missed her blood on the bloody wall. Blood mixed with the victim's (both fresh) never has other explanations, really.

2. She also missed that, while her fingerprints would already be there innocently, her palm print in the blood mixture should definitely not be on a hallway wall!

3. A fresh hair with a non-decomposed root should not logically be stuck in Travis' blood on a baseboard/molding.

What got me the most in the report was something JA did right after the friends and roommates found Travis' body and police were there:

from p 4.
...As we waited for other detectives to arrive..., I received information from Travis' friends at the scene, that Jodi Arias had called them and wanted to know what was going on. She had also mentioned she wanted to talk to the investigating Officers.

WTF?! Who DOES that? It's so funny how she had already been the subject among the friends straightaway, in the 911 call, with the first officers, and also in such a short time she's wanting to talk to them while they are on the crime scene with the body!

She apparently beat the coroner with her own insertion into the scene. That's plain crazy.

I found it interesting in many ways . . . .
1) roommates didn't interact with each other much at all
2) numerous people said it was Jodi from the get go
3) Lisa and TA broke up because TA needed to deal with his issues w/JA
4) Mimi told TA she didn't want a romantic relationship but it was too late to change the tickets - so they were going to go together anyway - trip was originally scheduled to get to know each other more
5) the email sent to Lisa (alleged to be from JA) was really interesting . . . . JA projecting all of her own "religiousity and shame" . . . . I just find that quite unique . . . JA lecturing Lisa about her morality.
6) the palmprint, the hair with the mixture of JA's and TA's blood, the pictures of JA on the camera in provacative poses (the day of the murder)
7) TA was supposed to be part of a conference call - hosting it on the evening he was killed
8) a phone call from TA's cell in the afternoon of the murder
9) Roommate was home on the day of the murder from 3-4pm . . . . after the sexcapades and before the shower/murder - he didn't get home until later that night
10) the floor cleaner had been assembled and was out in the middle of the floor
11) the banister had been polished (part of the sexcapades?)
12) the dog was fenced out of ability to go upstairs
13) TA's CTR ring and watch were by the kitchen sink . . . (did he have a need to remove his LDS "Chose the Right" ring while having intercourse?)
14) JA showed up w/3 others @ the LEO to have buccal swabs and fingerprinting done (at approx 6pm - maybe hoping Flores would have gone home by then?) instead of coming in by herself . . . then saying "people were saying she might be involved" and further invoking her right to an Atty before speaking to Det's.
15) JA apologizing for invoking right to Atty and agrees to speak to Det's later (?)
16) John Hepworth moved out abruptly and did not see "eye to eye" - wonder what that was about
17) TA's concerns about how it might "look" to have a friend room in with him (female) when his roommates had the girlfriends in their rooms. (one roommate was with his girlfriend in his bedroom the night all of the friends found TA dead)
18) Doesn't sound like the roommates utilized any of the rest of the house frequently - sounds like they all pretty much stayed to themselves in their rooms.

Thanks for the list! Your summaries are always the best! :)

Re: number 9, both roommates were confused as to dates. On page 6 of Flores' report, Zach told Detective Flores he last saw Travis Thursday, June 5, at about 11:30 in the morning. He described returning home at 1330 or 1400 hours [1:30 or 2:00 pm] for about an hour, to watch movies with Amanda.

But on page 17 of the report, Zach says in a follow-up interview he returned the rental car on Wednesday, June 4 as it was his day off, and he returned home about 1500 hours [3 pm] to watch movies with Amanda for about an hour, then left to go to her house. If he last saw Travis on Thursday, June 5, he may have been confused about which day they returned home for an hour to watch videos. This remains a question mark for me.

The other roommate, Enrique Cortez, told Detective Flores that he last saw Travis Wednesday evening, June 4. He obviously was mistaken about that.

The only useful things I got from the roommates' interviews was, besides the fact they never socialized and never even had dinner together:

- Travis never locked the doors and that Zach didn't even have a key. So I'm not sure where Mimi Hall got the information, as she told Detective Flores, that JA would come uninvited, sometimes through the doggie door. If he never locked the house, there would be no need to go through the doggie door. Also, Tawni DIlly took photos throughout the house when it was for sale, and there is nothing like a doggie door. Perhaps someone meant Jodi would come in through the back sliding glass door.

If anyone wants to see a virtual tour of a house with the identical floor plan of TA's, only reversed, here is the link: http://vt.realbiz360.com/Listing-1287339.html

- Both roommates said TA often traveled, and would sometimes leave town without even telling them, so they were not concerned when they didn't see him. They thought he had probably already left for Cancun.

- Both remembered seeing the floor cleaner standing in the middle of the living room, which TA had bought several weeks earlier but hadn't assembled. One remarked that the banister was cleaned and "felt slippery."

- Zach recalled TA arguing with JA about her showing up uninvited and why had she moved to Mesa after they broke up.

TA's last phone activity was an outgoing text message to Chris Hughes at 12:13 pm about the conference call scheduled for that evening.

One of Travis' friends .. called her while police were at the house and told her what was going on. Not one of the friends there, can't remember his name.

Dan Freeman.

Also, Enrique Cortez told Detective Flores his girlfriend Kim thought it was unusual that Travis left his ring and watch on the kitchen countertop and mentioned it to Enrique, but he dismissed it as nothing important. Since he never went anywhere without his ring and watch, that should have been a big red flag.

gngr~snap said:

Doubtful. The EXIF information on the memory card shows exactly which camera took each photograph and all the details such as shutter speed, whether or not flash was used. etc. They were all taken at the times indicated, and by TA's camera.

Enrique Cortez told Detective Flores his girlfriend Kim thought it was unusual that Travis left his ring and watch on the kitchen countertop and mentioned it to Enrique, but he dismissed it as nothing important. Since he never went anywhere without his ring and watch, that should have been a big red flag.

I know, not to mention that his dog was there with no arrangements made, and a camera in the washer, and a blood smear on the washer? or sink? or where was it? And his laptop and phone were there. Weren't his keys there, too? And of course the smell, which the officers said was overpowering at the front door and throughout the house. Yet no one tried to call TA, or anyone who knew him, to find out who was supposed to be taking care of Napoleon or to check if TA was okay since he'd left everything in the house. (Except roommate E who said he tried to call TA about a key for the mailbox or whatever that was. ) Wonder where he was when he called, and was TA's phone set to silent or what, or else obviously that would have been yet another reason to find out what was going on, when they heard his phone ringing there in the house. It was interesting about the rental car and the cleaning of the girlfriends' house or her parents' house. Also interesting who showed up at the scene. I wonder why TA would lock his room when he was gone if the roommates had a key to it anyway? Or maybe it was just one of them who had the key. Is there a link on this thread for AT's death report? (The tipster in Flores's report.) Very sad. I've seen it before but can't locate a link at the mo. Thank you.

I know, not to mention that his dog was there with no arrangements made, and a camera in the washer, and a blood smear on the washer? or sink? or where was it? And his laptop and phone were there. Weren't his keys there, too? And of course the smell, which the officers said was overpowering at the front door and throughout the house. Yet no one tried to call TA, or anyone who knew him, to find out who was supposed to be taking care of Napoleon or to check if TA was okay since he'd left everything in the house. (Except roommate E who said he tried to call TA about a key for the mailbox or whatever that was. ) Wonder where he was when he called, and was TA's phone set to silent or what, or else obviously that would have been yet another reason to find out what was going on, when they heard his phone ringing there in the house. It was interesting about the rental car and the cleaning of the girlfriends' house or her parents' house. Also interesting who showed up at the scene. I wonder why TA would lock his room when he was gone if the roommates had a key to it anyway? Or maybe it was just one of them who had the key. Is there a link on this thread for AT's death report? (The tipster in Flores's report.) Very sad. I've seen it before but can't locate a link at the mo. Thank you.

IIRC, I don't think the roommates had a key to TA's room. I think the one looked and found one downstairs. You brought up some interesting points about no one calling to check with Travis about Napolean. I can't believe that Travis wasn't worried about having his house locked up, much less when he went on vacation.

Yesterday I was watching CKJA's interviews with Det. F. (from when she first was arrested) and near the end of the tapes Det. F. says something to the effect about the motive and JA said "that's just it there is no motive" and Det. F. said something about her being jealous about Travis not bringing her to Cancun and JA says "well I was a little jealous but it wasn't that"...in effect in that statement she was admitting to the murder. This was during the time when she was blaming the ninjas. Did anyone else notice that? It was fascinating.

That email to Lisa was quite fascinating. Noticed she used "whoredoms" as she did on the stand under cross. This points out in great detail her severe stalking of Travis. I wish the jury saw this. Travis was abused not the other way around. Ughghgh

Also, EVERYONE pointed the finger at her right at jump street. I'm sure in her insanity she never thought any of Travis' friends would lead police to her doorstep.

Insidious certainly sounds like a word Jodi would use. It means awaiting a chance to entrap or harmful but enticing. This seems to be coming from someone who already considers herself to be his victim.

And the bit about driving away The Holy Ghost almost comes verbatem from her videotaped interview with Flores where she talks about praying with Travis but him not wanting to because it will call the Holy Spirit and what they plan to do will drive It away.

Plus the use of the word "whoredoms" used under jury questioning when they asked whether she read Book of Mormon.

regarding the person who submitted a tip to police (tipster mentioned in the Flores report) who was later found dead of a gunshot wound to the head, anyone have the link handy to the death report? thanks

<modsnip>
thanks

I was surprised in the police reports in this case that the word "diluted" was misspelled as "deluded". Not that I care that much about spelling but you'd just expect that someone who is trained regarding blood at crime scenes would have become pretty familiar with the spelling of that word.

IIRC, I don't think the roommates had a key to TA's room. I think the one looked and found one downstairs. You brought up some interesting points about no one calling to check with Travis about Napolean. I can't believe that Travis wasn't worried about having his house locked up, much less when he went on vacation.

I was thinking the one roommate told police that he either had the (bedroom door) key or that the key was kept in the home office. Can anyone refresh my memory from the interviews. The other roommate apparently didn't even have a key to the mailbox, or at least he says he called TA trying to get a mailbox key, so maybe he didn't know about the bedroom door key. I always kind of wondered:
what was the point of locking the bedroom but leaving the key there in the office or with the one roommate?
The first roommate was the one who described for police how TA's bed would usually look, how many pillows were on it and how they were usually arranged, etc. He also said usually his reason for going in TA's room would be to "get medicine from TA's medicine cabinet." Kind of odd.

Some of the strangest things for me were that they and their girlfriends were in and out of the house that whole time, they saw that TA was suddenly not there, his bedroom door was locked, they noticed his rings, keys, laptop etc all there in the kitchen and home office.....there was the blood smear on the washer or kitchen sink or wherever that was that police noticed, and his camera was in the washer, didn't the roommates or their girlfriends notice these things also? And his dog was there and he hadn't said a word to anyone about taking care of the dog.

Yet no one tried to contact him, or any of his other friends or family to find out where he was or if he was okay or what the plan was for the dog, etc. Strangest of all is that they didn't even call anyone when the smell was overpowering in the house.

Only the one roommate attempted to call him, and he told police it was to ask about getting a key for the mailbox. (a) why wouldn't he have a key already, and (b) why not ask the other roommate? what was going on with the keys? (c) getting into the mailbox was really the foremost thing in his mind while he's in a house full of the smell of death?

Also, where was this roommate when he made this call, was he in the house? If so, didn't he hear TA's phone ringing? Those are all questions I would have asked the roommates if it were me interviewing them.

Then there's also the weird coincidence that the one roommate states during those days he and his girlfriend spent their time "cleaning his girlfriend's parents' house".

I think there is a misconception that Travis never locked his doors. Travis did indeed lock his doors. Only his roommates could get inside the house without a key. All they needed was his garage pass code to get in his 'unlocked' garage/house door. The rest of the house was locked at all times.

If anyone remembers, Mimi and friends could not get into the house to check on Travis since they had no keys OR the pass code for the garage. In fact, they had to get in touch with one of the roommates to open up the house through the garage door by a pass code; the night of the 911 call.

I thought at one time I saw a pic of Travis' sliding doors that showed the doggy door?

I agree about the doors being locked.

Deanna had a key. Why would she need one if the doors were never locked.

As far as that goes, why would Jodi use the doggie door if the doors were never locked and she knew the combo for the garage?

I think there is a misconception that Travis never locked his doors. Travis did indeed lock his doors. Only his roommates could get inside the house without a key. All they needed was his garage pass code to get in his 'unlocked' garage/house door. The rest of the house was locked at all times.

If anyone remembers, M and friends could not get into the house to check on Travis since they had no keys OR the pass code for the garage. In fact, they had to get in touch with one of the roommates to open up the house through the garage door by a pass code; the night of the 911 call.

I thought at one time I saw a pic of Travis' sliding doors that showed the doggy door?

I thought M and friends couldn't get any answer from the roommates and could see Napoleon wandering around inside, so they got either a garage door opener or a pass code from some other friend to enter through the garage, or else already had this with them and used it to enter. Then when they entered they found Napoleon wandering around and the roommates and their girlfriends in the bedrooms, and there was the overpowering smell, and they said we need to get into his room, the one roommate got the key from the office and they entered the room. Is that not correct? If the roommates were the ones who told them a pass code to enter thru the garage why not let them in themselves, weren't they there? Thank you for helping me with these details.

edited to add: He had had various girls in to take care of Napoleon at different times hadn't he, so maybe a few people knew the code. Even the tipster in the Flores report had been a close friend at one time texting a lot with him and planning to move in, right? So I wonder who all knew the code.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back