CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching the Disappeared episode and I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I find it EXTREMELY disturbing that the daughters "had NO IDEA at ALL" just how much their dad was worth - yet IMMEDIATELY jumped right into the trust "issues" and that they didn't think Bob was doing things right. They are all of a sudden estate experts???

Um, he'd been managing said trust since it's inception. NOW these daughters are all UP IN HIS BUSINESS? If that were my dad (old school, it is HIS MONEY), he'd be pissed and probably write me OUT of the trust...Wow, just wow...

BBM. That's a good possibility of having happened at the heated family meeting. Perhaps Bob did make such a statement and he was disappeared before he could make any such change(s).

Thank you for your interest, in Bob's case.

I should clarify- who last saw Mr. Harrod the night before his disappearance? Did they last see him walking up the stairs in his home? At the front door, saying goodnight to visitors? In the kitchen putting dishes away? Taking a phone call in the living room, or perhaps outside?

Or did he come outside and pick up his paper that morning? Was a paper delivered?

I don't know what Bob's family have told police, but the only info the daughters seem to have released to the media seems to be mostly what is what Not about - the meeting was NOT heated, it was NOT about Fontelle, it was NOT about money, etc.

But at the same time we have a quote from daughter RB that they went there to pick up copies of their mother's will, so??? As for the important details, about Bob at the meeting.....nothing, as far as I can find in the media. Just that he was 'quick to temper' like his daughter RB, and that someone was 'long gone by that time', but I can't remember who that was or where it was.

We just don't have a 'last seen' time for Bob that Sunday night/day, or what time the meeting began or ended, or who left when. Amazing really, when you consider this was the very last time his children saw their dad.

Also, I think there was one mention somewhere that son-in-law JeM was at the meeting too. I can't believe I didn't make a note of that, but that's the story of my life. If I'd noted everything in my life where I've thought, 'That's interesting/important. I'll have to make a note'...well, I'd have spent a lot less time searching for things.

Is it possible grandson AH was present too? I'm just thinking - that would make it a family meeting, and also a meeting between a physically vulnerable, 81-year-old man and three strong-willed, adult daughters, a son-in-law who carries out construction work, and an action-man, karate expert, adult grandson. All who stood to benefit from Mr Harrod's trust money and property eventually ( directly or through a spouse). All who stood to lose if Mr Harrod spent all his money on his new wife, or included her in his will.

But Bob's daughters say everyone was happy, and Fontelle and wills and trusts were not discussed, so perhaps it is just none of anybody's business what went on at the NOT(daughter's caps, not mine) heated family meeting, the night before Bob Harrod vanished into thin air?

I was so disappointed there seemed to be no events or anything for Mr Harrod's fourth missing anniversary. And then I was so pleased Mrs Harrod had come forward yet again, to do an interview and highlight his case, alone. It is so sad that Bob's daughters, son-in-law and grandson were not there to lend a supporting hand.

I can't find the lovely youtube video that sres made. It's not even in our links page. Help, anyone?

BBM:
Grainne- good point and very accurate, imvho. Kyron's case is very close to my heart, and I understand exactly what you are saying.

Kyron was last seen by a shared group of witnesses. So was Mr. Harrod. How does one disappear under those circumstances with no obstensible and very specific route of travel??

That seems an impossibility to me.

Sometimes the very ordinary-ness of an event helps it slip out of memory.

For instance, I love my nephews passionately and have spent a lot of time with them since they were hours old. The family joke was that I am a baby whisperer since I was the only person who could put my younger nephew to sleep when he was a colicky baby.

Babies grow into toddlers and toddlers grow into small children and small children... well, they just keep growing. At some point in each of my nephew's lives, I picked each of them up and carried them for the last time. They just got to be too big and too active for me to carry safely.

Do I remember that last time with either of them? Nope. I had no idea it was the last time I'd be able to do it, so it wasn't particularly memorable. Sure, intellectually I knew at the time that I wouldn't be able to do it for much longer but I didn't know that the last time had arrived when it did.

I am beginning to think that one or more of Bob's neighbours saw him on that Monday but it was in such an ordinary way that it didn't stick in their memory. If they had realised it was important, no doubt they would have made note of it but no matter what it was that happened, it must have seemed perfectly ordinary and unremarkable to the people who saw it.

I am watching the Disappeared episode and I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I find it EXTREMELY disturbing that the daughters "had NO IDEA at ALL" just how much their dad was worth - yet IMMEDIATELY jumped right into the trust "issues" and that they didn't think Bob was doing things right. They are all of a sudden estate experts???

Um, he'd been managing said trust since it's inception. NOW these daughters are all UP IN HIS BUSINESS? If that were my dad (old school, it is HIS MONEY), he'd be pissed and probably write me OUT of the trust...Wow, just wow...

Actually, I don't think anyone had picked up on that inconsistency in the daughters' statements. Very perceptive of you!

Yeah, for women who claimed they had no idea what Bob was worth, they sure were ready to claim it anyway. Makes me think that the face Bob's daughters have been trying to show the world is probably very different from the face they showed Bob.

So, I wonder, just why is it that they now feel the need to try to pretend they had no idea of the extent of Bob's estate?

BBM. That's a good possibility of having happened at the heated family meeting. Perhaps Bob did make such a statement and he was disappeared before he could make any such change(s).

Thank you for your interest, in Bob's case.

Cubby - I have been following since he went missing, just never post because you all are PAGES/THREADS ahead of me, lol.

Hey kids - WHERE IS BOB? JMO

Nothing like getting an answer to a question and coming back with another but...I cannot find any re-airings of Bob's Disappeared episode on ID TV Shedules;
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule.htm

Does anyone have any ideas - could it have been sold to another channel, and they are showing it?

Actually, I don't think anyone had picked up on that inconsistency in the daughters' statements. Very perceptive of you!

Yeah, for women who claimed they had no idea what Bob was worth, they sure were ready to claim it anyway. Makes me think that the face Bob's daughters have been trying to show the world is probably very different from the face they showed Bob.

So, I wonder, just why is it that they now feel the need to try to pretend they had no idea of the extent of Bob's estate?

Well, timid hand up here, but it did cross my mind that if a person was living in a house their dad owned, and knew he owned at least two, three- or maybe even more other houses, and had maybe given away a brand new car to me - and I was helping with his accounts.....

I might be able to deduce a rough idea of how much money and assets he owned, if I was interested in that sort of thing.

But, holding hand up timidly with you, my dad did give me a car, and helped me out financially (sorry to say) until I actually grew up at age 24, and built an extremely expensive house, traveled, etc. - I had NO knowledge of his wealth (and the widow now has it)...and still don't. I wanted my dad, not his $$$...

My dad remarried, and she had kids. She now controls the vast fortune that he had (he died last year), and I only know of this VAST fortune because of the fact that her and her kids gloat about it...to me and my brother, who received nothing because of (well, just can't go there yet.) a living trust...and a will signed AFTER he had a massive stroke. SMH

Like I said, I want my DAD, not the $$$...We have never even considered going after his estate. I have to swallow the bile, and just move on...

Finally got to catch Bob's episode on Disappeared. I've chimed in a while back but now I'm a little more knowledgable.

Just saying...if my dad had a trust for me, as a grown adult, I would be grateful...not bothering him about details of it, and getting in a big fight with my dad over it. I would be grateful! Just because he was "required by law" to report to him didn't mean that I would expect my dad to give me answers... This is a gift. Just seems odd that for a gift they'd be so angered.

Only thing I can think of as why they got so testy with him was that they wanted to get him mad so he'd stop giving that barber lady money...and now they thought the same thing would happen with Fontelle.

I for one get a good feeling on Fontelle. Why would an older lady be a gold digger?

I think it's a family member. Not a coincidence IMO that their family meeting was the day before. Not that Disappeared's scenery is always accurate but if Bob had an attached garage it would be easy to pack something up (if the box theory is true) and bring it out that way.

PMLsmom, I have a neighbor who has a situation very similar to yours (except for the gloating part, as there is no contact any more with the "second" family.) Such a very sad situation. Greed is really a terrible thing. I'm sorry this happened to you.

My folks had very little, but what there was, was split right down the line with my brother and me and all of our children.

I can quite understand a 20 something-year-old needing help, and not being privy to a parent's financial state. But I'm still puzzled why a 50-something accountant daughter, who helped Bob out with his tax affairs once or twice a month, would have no idea how much he was worth.

Can you prepare tax returns in the US without knowing how much money/investments etc someone has?

BBM

Finally got to catch Bob's episode on Disappeared. I've chimed in a while back but now I'm a little more knowledgable.

Just saying...if my dad had a trust for me, as a grown adult, I would be grateful...not bothering him about details of it, and getting in a big fight with my dad over it. I would be grateful! Just because he was "required by law" to report to him didn't mean that I would expect my dad to give me answers... This is a gift. Just seems odd that for a gift they'd be so angered.

Only thing I can think of as why they got so testy with him was that they wanted to get him mad so he'd stop giving that barber lady money...and now they thought the same thing would happen with Fontelle.

I for one get a good feeling on Fontelle. Why would an older lady be a gold digger?

I think it's a family member. Not a coincidence IMO that their family meeting was the day before. Not that Disappeared's scenery is always accurate but if Bob had an attached garage it would be easy to pack something up (if the box theory is true) and bring it out that way.

I think thay may have succeeded in making Bob mad, after one daughter made reports of elder abuse. Bob refused to follow them up, and police and his friend say he refused to see his daughters for six months.

My dad retired on 104% of his salary, this I know. He was in an appointed position by the Governor of CA...I know that he made a lot of $$ during retirement (something like over 12K a month), just not how much he made with investments, etc. for his 47+ years of working (and he was SMART).

Like I said (or intimated), they can CHOKE on it (my prayer, and yeah I know not too Christian), just wish my dad spent his last days with us, and his only grandson...but not to be - greedy F^*&^(s got ahold of him...

ETA - this is probably why I refrain from posting here...greed kills...and no, I have no contact with the "recipients" of said trust...

ETA2 - I can see someone doing something to him, btw...

Bob' house and garage with his car in front.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 20
hmm that's an interesting view of the front, zwie, made me go huh, well, huh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors