GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sad to wake up to this. I have been reading back. is this the first we heard about the uncle being at the home? Was he always at the home, or did he come there after Willow went missing to be with the family?

I just joined the board I think yesterday. I have no idea how you people come back here every week (or daily or monthly etc) some of you have been here for years. how I don't know. I'm going to bed. I'm pissed off and I want some butts. this is wrong on so many levels. She should be HOME with her family...alive and BREATHING!!!

And yes I am totally all about ME right now, that's clearly obvious. I don't care. I want some butts and this is not fair at all. It's BS and I never want to look another flipping MISSING poster again in my life.

I'm saddened, but not surprised. I had a feeling she was out there somewhere & that the news wouldn't be good. :(
What happened, little one? I hope your little body (assuming it is Willow, which I believe it is) will give LE the information they need. Rest in peace, pumpkin.
:'( :'( :'(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

we don't know much about the uncle.

wow, this is nuts.

Handcuffed folks not confirmed by police.... I have a feeling that there will be many different stories, witnesses and other events being reported. It is still very early in the investigation so I guess we will have many strange/conflicting media reports as they all try to out-do one another.

Not having her glasses is a bad sign, IMO...she wears them in a lot of pictures. I think she would have them on if she left willingly.

I was not expecting to wake up to this turn of events. I am still catching up so I apologize if I am speaking out of turn.

BBM. I didn't want to go there yesterday and was hoping for the best. But every case where a kid has left a physical aid behind has not ended well. They just don't leave their glasses, hearing aids, leg braces, etc. behind willingly.

Back to catching up....

How sad. Does anyone local know the exact location the body was found?

no but the kmov article says a mile away from the home?

(they could also be confusing the location of the command post as that has been reported as one mile away from the home?)

Neighbors said officers put up crime scene tape around Long’s house near the intersection of Circle Dr. and Watson around 10:30 p.m. That's located about a mile from where the body was found.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body...uld-be-missing-7-year-old-girl-223108311.html

This case reminds me of the one in England, where the little girl lived with grandmother and her boyfriend. Ultimately the girl's body was found up under the roof of the house or in rafters.

Oh no. :(

Prayers to her family and community this morning and to the volunteer searchers who had to find her. That's rough.

How sad. Does anyone local know the exact location the body was found?

rumor has it that the body was found southwest of Watson nearer to Mason about 4 miles from the house

hometown friends were searching - grew up not 20 miles south of here

I'm a new poster but not new to the page (been a guest for2yrs, but a local missing child story pushed me to start posting) But this..this news is so heartbreaking!!! I just started following her story yesterday and I just knew anytime she would be found alive and this would just be a cautionary tale for the family to tell. I am so so sad =-(

I am sad to wake up to this. I have been reading back. is this the first we heard about the uncle being at the home? Was he always at the home, or did he come there after Willow went missing to be with the family?
http://fox2now.com/2013/09/09/7-year-old-girl-missing-from-effingham-county-in-illinois/

"Willow lives with her mother, uncle and grandparents. Her mother and uncle were home when she went missing.
The two, ages 26 and 22, are being held for questioning according to the girl’s grandfather.
"

Now the link just says neighbors saw mother and uncle taken away in cuffs... not 3 people.

Now it makes sense that LE were putting pressure on the mother and uncle yesterday, just as the grandfather indicated when he said he could only see his daughter for a few minutes and was not allowed to see his son. Reporters got that one right.

Note this area is about 100 miles east of StL - no TV stations in the area but a few radio stations that have decent "news" updates

Local Rock station apparently has been posting lots of updates to their FB page & here is a link to the website: Body of Small Child Found Near Search Area

Sorry is it is a redundant post. I do know channel 4 (KMOV) out of StL is on the scene

Though from the first posting I feared this ending, I sure hated waking up this morning to pages of posts... I knew it could only mean she was found... was praying alive, but too late for that. Damn. Just too many innocent babies gone! IT ISN'T RIGHT!!! Sure makes me wonder what the aunt knew that said FBI was involved, which proved to be true, and that two people were arrested, which IMO is going to prove to be true. Makes me sick!!!!

UGH UGH UGH!!!

I just joined the board I think yesterday. I have no idea how you people come back here every week (or daily or monthly etc) some of you have been here for years. how I don't know. I'm going to bed. I'm pissed off and I want some butts. this is wrong on so many levels. She should be HOME with her family...alive and BREATHING!!!

And yes I am totally all about ME right now, that's clearly obvious. I don't care. I want some butts and this is not fair at all. It's BS and I never want to look another flipping MISSING poster again in my life.

speaking for me, personally...because SOMEONE has to be there to help these innocent babies...to be there for the loving family members, and to know that even those who have been tossed out like garbage (other cases, not this one), some people DO care and love the innocent children, even though their life may have been so very hard and short.

Wondering how long this child has been 'missing'. Were the grandparents due to arrive back soon from their truck driving job? Was she reported missed because 'someone' knew they were coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiseThread07