GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've followed so many cases in my life. And a good many in the near-year i've been reading here.

This one just... my heart freaking HURTS.

Poor little sweetie died a terrifying death.

I'm on the fence re: mom.

But... just... I'm speechless.

Since this is the case and this is a victim friendly site, why are the posts containing conjecture of mom's involvement still popping up?

... because, according to the probable cause affidavit, Willow Long was mortally wounded around 11:00 pm on the night before her mother claimed she fed Willow and her 3 year old brother breakfast and then put them in front of a movie before going back to bed because she didn't feel well. No matter what she (the mother) outright lied or was delusional- I don't care the reason- no mother, with a child missing should fabricate facts- ever!

Please can someone help me and tell me where I might look to see where JD's other places of residence may have been? Someone stated he has lived in a lot of areas and that is worrisome. I'd like to know where those places are and look for missing kiddos or unsolved crimes in those areas. As much as he is trying to cover ALL his bases in this, I just think he's done this before, or at least attempted to. Nope, I have nothing to back that up.

I think when I was FB surfing (stalking) :blushing: when the news she was missing broke I saw something about Minneapolis, maybe taking the Amtrak there? Definitely St. Louis. HTH :)

Going off the "Willow was trying to protect her brother" theory...it would make sense. Unfortunately CD's FB is no longer there, so I cannot show you any proof - but in *literally* every single one of her little brother's pictures he looked absolutely miserable. In addition to that, in almost every picture had some sort of bruise on his face in different locations. Most were small. I know kids bruise (nobody needs to tell me that) because they are rough and tumble...but *every* picture? And he looked sad in all of them as well. This was always about Willow though so I honestly didn't consider that her little brother may be involved in the case (or her protection of him, etc). His father does have pictures of the little tyke on his FB, but he is not a POI nor is he involved so I know I can't share those. In any case, yes...that is concerning because it would fit.

I'm hoping that the kid was miserable in all the pictures because his sister was a happy kid who garnered all the attention. I think the kid looks miserable because he had a mom that hasn't grown up yet, grandparents that are in and out, living in BFE, dad living in Texas. Was willows dad his dad too? Might of been miserable because he was in a miserable situation. Idk.

Someone posted earlier today that they have different dads and the boy is with his own father right now. I don't remember their source but it was somewhere in this thread or the end of the last one.

Respectfully snipped by me:

But an uncle killing his niece??? I DONT get that and I don't understand why and this is really really...really very bad and I don't understand. I don't get how someone that young he is only 20-something, how someone that young can have the ability to make up something SO elaborate and deep and full of a whole scenario and, how he planned all this or didn't plan it or, I don't even know wtf I'm typing right now. I DONT UNDERSTAND I don't get it. Surely something is not right here. Surely something happened he didn't intend to happen?

I think what happened that he didn't intend to happen was that she fought and got away from him.

See, I happen to think the general outline of what he said happened was the truth, only his motivations weren't as he said and he glossed over certain parts. I think something probably did happen in the bathroom that involved him being sexually stimulated, but it wasn't him being in there by himself. I think Willow DID scratch him, and it DID make him angry, but she didn't scratch him while trying to grab his arm to make him come back downstairs (what stairs?) to watch TV, it was while she was struggling to get away from him. I think there was a chase and a pursuit, which would explain why Willow was outside without her glasses, and I think he did chase her into the wood pile and she probably fell down and may have gotten injured, and maybe even hurt enough to make him realize that he wasn't going to be able to just explain the injury away, plus she was going to tell on him. So, he went and got his knife and killed her either there, or somewhere else but not to put her out of HER misery, to put her out of HIS misery, i.e., getting outed for trying to sexually assault his niece. And then he tidied up after himself, not in a panicked way, but in a thorough, calculating way. It appears he had all the time in the world to bag her up and dump her and possibly clean up any blood at the scene, etc.

And think about this: by his own words he was chasing his 7 year old niece such that she fled from him with such desperation and lack of caution that according to him she fell down and fatally impaled her neck on a stick. Think about WHY a child would be running so recklessly--she was in fear for her life because she knew a monster was behind her. And then he DARES to say that he killed her to 'put her out of her misery' for the damage HE caused her by terrifying her badly enough to make her run to her death? And that's just by HIS story, which as I've said certainly glosses over acts and motivations.

As for why such things happen, I don't know. Once you've been on here for a while you'll realize that they happen ALL THE TIME, and that usually when something bad happens to a young child you don't have to look very far from home to find the perp. I came here for the Baby Lisa Irwin case and I still cherish a few tattered hopes that Lisa is still alive somewhere or that if her mother did something to her it wasn't intentional, but the more cases you follow, the more jaded you become, unfortunately. Every now and then someone gets saved though, and though it doesn't make up for all the littles who are terribly harmed often by the very ones who ought to love and protect them most, it helps keep a tiny bit of hope alive.

Stay with us, though. This is a great community of people and there is nothing like it in the world when a child is found alive or is finally given the justice her or she deserves.

:rose:

I'm hoping that the kid was miserable in all the pictures because his sister was a happy kid who garnered all the attention. I think the kid looks miserable because he had a mom that hasn't grown up yet, grandparents that are in and out, living in BFE, dad living in Texas. Was willows dad his dad too? Might of been miserable because he was in a miserable situation. Idk.

No. The little boy has a different father. I can't post a link to prove that, but I am certain that this was stated somewhere (reliable) at some point in time since Sunday. I don't want to search through to find everything all over again to find the link, though.

Dear LE,
if you are reading here and have not done this yet...Please interview her teachers and ask if there were days she did not want to go home and had any behavior changes recently. Thank you.

Not unless I've missed it, and I've been looking. It was not in the presser.

The last thing her mom remembered her wearing was the purple nightshirt and that was found in the home. If she wasn't wearing anything when found, that would say a lot IMO.

No. The little boy has a different father. I can't post a link to prove that, but I am certain that this was stated somewhere (reliable) at some point in time since Sunday. I don't want to search through to find everything all over again to find the link, though.

I read that too somewhere along the line (earlier today).

Has it been reported what she was wearing (in anything) when she was found?

I have not seen anything about whether she was found clothed or not, but I did find this from before her discovery:

Police confirmed that Willow apparently changed clothes before leaving the Circle Drive home Sunday morning. The clothes her mother described last seeing her in were found at the home. - See more at: http://effinghamdailynews.com/local...-for-missing-Watson-girl#sthash.blN2tdbB.dpuf

So the clothes she was supposed to be in were at the house (washed maybe?).

Google + account

Bussiness major

Brista at Starbucks

I know, spelling isn't everything. How about ideas for a cash cow bussiness. I'm sure this <modsnip> has plenty of ideas floating in that melon of his.

I'm sorry, this made me :floorlaugh: You just put your thoughts right out there, I like that.

In all the revelations of the events surrounding Willow's murder... We still have not heard/read what she was wearing when she was found ...

(Outside the original jammie's report she was supposed to be wearing that night ... Which was found not to be true)

:waitasec:

Perhaps the reason nothing has been said regarding what she was wearing is because there is no clothing to report as being worn :(

Opinions, please...

First off, I joined two of the Willow FB pages right away. I know everything posted on those are considered rumor, and have refrained from posting things from those pages. The original "MISSING WILLOW LONG" profile (not group page, but profile/timeline) was closed after JD was arrested because of people posting rumors/unsupportive things, etc. (Now to the point of this post):

In one of the conversations, I read replies made by JD. I won't post what he said specifically, and he did not post anything incriminating. Just a few little comments strangely contradicting themselves and urging people not to blame the family. I contacted the person who created the profile (after it had been deleted) and reminded her of these comments and suggested that while they may not be important at all, they also MIGHT BE and I suggested that she consider at least letting LE know about those posts and allowing them to reactivate the page or look at it using their magical computer prowess or whatever. She did not respond.

Do you think I should follow up and maybe just ask her if she shared the information, or is it likely useless information that LE shouldn't be bothered with? (I guess my issue with it was that he was posting these things while the search was ongoing and then he was arrested, and now charged with murder. Now it seems less important than it did before when we didn't know there was any evidence, but maybe I'm wrong.)

I have not seen anything about whether she was found clothed or not, but I did find this from before her discovery:

Police confirmed that Willow apparently changed clothes before leaving the Circle Drive home Sunday morning. The clothes her mother described last seeing her in were found at the home. - See more at: http://effinghamdailynews.com/local...-for-missing-Watson-girl#sthash.blN2tdbB.dpuf

So the clothes she was supposed to be in were at the house (washed maybe?).

Thanks for the link. It does say though that she APPARENTLY changed clothes as the clothes she was wearing were found in the home. Sounds kind of iffy to me.

Also, it's vigil time. Away while lighting a candle with my babies (9 minutes late. Oops)

Opinions, please...

First off, I joined two of the Willow FB pages right away. I know everything posted on those are considered rumor, and have refrained from posting things from those pages. The original "MISSING WILLOW LONG" profile (not group page, but profile/timeline) was closed after JD was arrested because of people posting rumors/unsupportive things, etc. (Now to the point of this post):

In one of the conversations, I read replies made by JD. I won't post what he said specifically, and he did not post anything incriminating. Just a few little comments strangely contradicting themselves and urging people not to blame the family. I contacted the person who created the profile (after it had been deleted) and reminded her of these comments and suggested that while they may not be important at all, they also MIGHT BE and I suggested that she consider at least letting LE know about those posts and allowing them to reactivate the page or look at it using their magical computer prowess or whatever. She did not respond.

Do you think I should follow up and maybe just ask her if she shared the information, or is it likely useless information that LE shouldn't be bothered with? (I guess my issue with it was that he was posting these things while the search was ongoing and then he was arrested, and now charged with murder. Now it seems less important than it did before when we didn't know there was any evidence, but maybe I'm wrong.)

If there were posts that you read that were submitted by JD himself? In all honesty I wouldn't even bother with the FB page creator, I would bypass them altogether and contact LE with that type of thing. That is the man who murdered Willow in cold blood - anything he has to say might help incriminate him even more than he already has done for himself. I say pass it to LE ASAP but that's jmo.

Do you have an article or interview link substantiating this? Mom is the one who placed the 911 call into dispatch at 10:46am who in turn notified the Sheriff's office at 10:49am...how could she know before she went back to bed if she is the one that reported it after she woke up? I'm lost.

I mean yes, I realize she went to the bar and I know the real timeline and chain of events, but I don't know what you mean about the posters, etc...knowing about those before she went back to bed. Are you referring to the following day?

I wonder if the mom knew there were problems with the uncle. She really had no reason to lie, if her own brother had always been caring, honest, moral, and responsible. Maybe Darling Willow had told her "things." Perhaps other reports will come out or perhaps Willow's friends will begin to report things that Willow confided in them. If Willow's mom went out and left the children with someone reputable, there should have been no reason to lie. Her lying says "something." Going out and leaving your children with a responsible babysitter is not a crime. Why lie?

I also think that "something" is being said by the mom leaving the family residence. She wants to be "alone?" I would need my loved ones to feed me, carry me to the bathroom, hold me up, keep me alive. I wonder if the family has caught on and they don't want the mom around. I know I wouldn't support anyone that had any part in the death of one of my children, and I don't care if it was an active part in the murder or by lying to cover-up something else. It would NOT matter to me. I would kick that person out and I am very small and I would still kick them from here-to-there!

Interesting he ran to his bedroom to get the knife :banghead:

Who keeps a big old knife in the bedroom?

Hunter?

someone who uses a knife for " other nefarious reasons"..

???

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members