GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If something like this ever happened to my granddaughter and I learned that my daughter told some untruths, she would be with me until I got the truth out of her! She would wish she had been arrested!

I realize that non-custodial parents call CPS when something is wrong or when something isn't wrong. Some call to up the ante in a custody battle.

I am just asking why JD would be on the radar for the boy's Dad and how at that point he would even know if JD was looking after the kids the night before.

Sure, Willow went missing under JD's watch but on Sunday it was believed that Willow went missing in a home where there were two adults. Just because a kid may have wandered off doesn't mean the parents are worthy of calls to CPS. Kids go missing and CPS doesn't always get involved. Only if the police feel there is a concern.

All NG's dad had to do was pick up the phone and notify CPS that NG's sister was missing. That was enough. It sounds like whoever made the report had additional information because there are 3 separate allegations. The allegations DON'T have to be specific to this event. It could have been someone who provided information about drug use, improper supervision, improper care or any number of things that happened prior to Willow's disappearance. When you make a report, the Intake worker will ask you a LOT of questions. The allegations come from all aspects of reported information.

I asked a mod before posting this, because I wasn't sure if I could.

- CD left the home between 7pm and 9pm.
- CD left the home after her parents left
The above was taken from court documents:
http://fox2now.com/2013/09/11/new-d...w-long/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Willow's time of death was between 10:30pm and 11pm Saturday evening.
The above was taken from:
http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253345013/Longs-brother-taken-into-custody-after-abuse-report

- CD called grandma first at around 10:20ish am
- Grandma called JD after speaking with CD
- CD calls 911
- Grandma called Mayor's wife.
(in that order)
As read here:
http://shelbycountynews.net/search-...ay-evening-after-temporary-delay-p24744-1.htm

Sheriff JM states that they received notice from dispatch around 10:49am Sunday morning.
Source:
[video=youtube;GMWhqyQ5QuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMWhqyQ5QuQ[/video]

Grandparents heard of Willow missing while they were hauling a load TO Lemoyne, PA. Notice it does not say *from* Lemoyne, PA.

Grandparents returned to Watson, IL around 6:30pm Monday evening.
Source: http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253341780/sthash.RV5x3dcP.dpuf

All I can do is give links to MSM, interviews, court documents and articles released by MSM. We can't openly discuss the grandparents, they are off limits (for now) and as far as I know we cannot sleuth mom except speculate on why she lied (just saying what I have read from the moderators and the rules make sense to me).

The above is only the timeline. I recommend Mapquest, too.

Good evening, y'all. I've been a lurker here for a couple of years and followed several cases with WS'ers. Great bunch! Finally decided to become a member during the Dylan Redwine case however, I continued to lurk until tonight. Usually by the time I decide I want to flap my fingers, someone else has made the point I had in mind. Lol.

Anyway, back to the topic :). CD is being investigated for TWO NEGLECT charges only. She is not being investigated for any abuse charges, JD is. I'm wondering if the neglect charges are 1 charge for each child due to her less than truthfulness with LE regarding Sunday morning. JD is getting the abuse allegation. Could CD be getting a neglect charge for each child due to lying to LE and basically covering up JD's abuse? Just a thought and all MOO.

"Two allegations of neglect were reported against the girl's mother, Ciarra DeRyke, and one allegation of abuse was reported against Justin DeRyke, he said."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ate-child-and-family-services-spokesman-says/

What I'm saying is this....
Anyone could have called the hotline after hearing Willow was missing just to tell them other information. Kinda like this, "that no good drunken floozy went out to the bar again and left them kids with her low life crack head brother".
We have no idea what was reported about either the mom or the brother. Or who made the report. I would have to believe that if the bio dad made the report, he may have had plenty of additional information for the Intake Social Worker.

Good evening, y'all. I've been a lurker here for a couple of years and followed several cases with WS'ers. Great bunch! Finally decided to become a member during the Dylan Redwine case however, I continued to lurk until tonight. Usually by the time I decide I want to flap my fingers, someone else has made the point I had in mind. Lol.

Anyway, back to the topic :). CD is being investigated for TWO NEGLECT charges only. She is not being investigated for any abuse charges, JD is. I'm wondering if the neglect charges are 1 charge for each child due to her less than truthfulness with LE regarding Sunday morning. JD is getting the abuse allegation. Could CD be getting a neglect charge for each child due to lying to LE and basically covering up JD's abuse? Just a thought and all MOO.

"Two allegations of neglect were reported against the girl's mother, Ciarra DeRyke, and one allegation of abuse was reported against Justin DeRyke, he said."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ate-child-and-family-services-spokesman-says/

Sorry. I probably should have looked at that a bit closer. I just knew it was 3 allegations. So...2 neglect and 1 abuse. My bad.

ETA: I corrected it.

I asked a mod before posting this, because I wasn't sure if I could.

- CD left the home between 7pm and 9pm.
- CD left the home after her parents left
The above was taken from court documents:
http://fox2now.com/2013/09/11/new-d...w-long/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Willow's time of death was between 10:30pm and 11pm Saturday evening.
The above was taken from:
http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253345013/Longs-brother-taken-into-custody-after-abuse-report

- CD called grandma first at around 10:20ish am
- Grandma called JD after speaking with CD
- CD calls 911
- Grandma called Mayor's wife.
(in that order)
As read here:
http://shelbycountynews.net/search-...ay-evening-after-temporary-delay-p24744-1.htm

Sheriff JM states that they received notice from dispatch around 10:49am Sunday morning.
Source:
Effingham County Sheriff John Monnet talks about missing 7-year old Watson Girl - YouTube

Grandparents heard of Willow missing while they were hauling a load TO Lemoyne, PA. Notice it does not say *from* Lemoyne, PA.

Grandparents returned to Watson, IL around 6:30pm Monday evening.
Source: http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x1253341780/sthash.RV5x3dcP.dpuf

All I can do is give links to MSM, interviews, court documents and articles released by MSM. We can't sleuth the grandparents, they are off limits (for now) and as far as I know we cannot sleuth mom except speculate on why she lied (just saying what I have read from the moderators and the rules make sense to me).

The above is only the timeline. I recommend Mapquest, too.

Thank You for putting this all together. It helps so much.

Great job. ToothlessFairy.

Welcome to Posting :) Good first post - glad you came out of lurkdom to join the conversation.

I too am thinking that CD is being investigated for neglect for the untruths told when reporting Willow missing to LE. I am in agreement that that could be considered neglect. A failure to provide the true facts when your child is missing is pretty bad judgment and indicates other priorities were more important than your child.

I have never understood the "CD left the home between 7:00 - 9:00 p.m."

That is a 2 hour window. She can't narrow it down? Or maybe she told LE she started getting ready at 7:00 and arrived at her destination at 9:00?

Were the children in bed when she left? 9:00 p.m. my children were in bed at that age.

Does anyone else find that timeline odd?

:Welcome1: MaliaMansly

Glad you're here! :wave:

Thank you, Welcomers! :) Kind of nice to not be biting my nails!

That is a 2 hour window. She can't narrow it down? Or maybe she told LE she started getting ready at 7:00 and arrived at her destination at 9:00?

Were the children in bed when she left? 9:00 p.m. my children were in bed at that age.

She allegedly left sometime after 7pm (or at 7pm) and I think(JMO) they are getting that from when grandparents allegedly left town, because she allegedly left town after they did according to MSM. So the 7pm makes sense. The two hour chunk, no, sorry...makes no sense to me at all.

[Edited to add] Welcome to the thread, MaliaMansly.

I want to know more about her, CD, going to "help a friend" as shared by the Grandma in her interview. What's that about?

I think it's equally odd that all that's been stated is that she came home sometime after midnight. What time is THAT?

I think it's equally odd that all that's been stated is that she came home sometime after midnight. What time is THAT?

I don't know the answer to that because they haven't said :( But, the bar she was at closes at 1am. We know it was allegedly sometime after midnight that she came home, and we don't even know if she left at closing or prior to closing, but the bar itself is closed down at 1am, so we know gleaning from that...that she possibly came home between midnight and 1am, or she went elsewhere after the bar if the alleged time of "after midnight" is accurate.

I want to know more about her, CD, going to "help a friend" as shared by the Grandma in her interview. What's that about?

My first thought was that it's similar to Lindsey Lohan missing her court date because she was helping the poor children in Morocco.

I hate to say this, and it hurts to say it...but we do not know that the crime occurred between 10:30pm and 11pm. The time of death was released to the general public as sometime between 10:30pm and 11pm. That doesn't mean that's when the crime took place.

...we do not know when he attacked her.

According to preliminary autopsy report it was the wound to the clavical vein that caused her death. But...we don't know at what time that wound was inflicted or how long she was alive prior to the wound bleeding out enough to cause her death.

I pray she did not suffer long. We all know she suffered, from the defense wounds as noted by the report, but I pray there was not longsuffering after the attack. Poor Willow. JD...rot in hell.

Sorry. I probably should have looked at that a bit closer. I just knew it was 3 allegations. So...2 neglect and 1 abuse. My bad.

ETA: I corrected it.

My post was not directed at you and I apologize if it seems it was. I'm just confused by the minimal allegations for both!

I don't understand why JD wouldn't also be getting neglect allegations, especially at this point. At the very least I would expect to see JD get more than 1 allegation via DCFS. Regardless of what the initial complaint via the hotline was, DCFS now knows that a 3yo child (NG) was either a) left unattended while JD completed his deeds or b) in attendance while JD was committing the crime. Wouldn't that be additional abuse/endangerment allegation or is child endangerment only charged by LE? TIA :)

Although it's unlikely anyone here will ever know who the reporter was, I'm really surprised that none of you have suggested the little brother's own father. If you found out your child's sibling had mysteriously vanished don't you think you might want to have your child's situation checked out? Or maybe paternal grandparents? It's 100x more common for a non-custodial parent to make a CPS report than anyone else.

I have thought that. While it was still just her being missing I looked at the FB pages. I will say I do think the boy's father had some kind of fatherly feelings towards Willow. He may have very well called or talked to LE about his concerns.

My post was not directed at you and I apologize if it seems it was. I'm just confused by the minimal allegations for both!

I don't understand why JD wouldn't also be getting neglect allegations, especially at this point. At the very least I would expect to see JD get more than 1 allegation via DCFS. Regardless of what the initial complaint via the hotline was, DCFS now knows that a 3yo child (NG) was either a) left unattended while JD completed his deeds or b) in attendance while JD was committing the crime. Wouldn't that be additional abuse/endangerment allegation or is child endangerment only charged by LE? TIA :)

It doesn't work like that. Someone would have to call in another report with those specific allegations. And that report would probably be what is called "screened out" because those allegations are already being investigated in conjunction with the first report. Just because the allegations aren't changed, doesn't mean they aren't being investigated. We won't know what the findings are until the investigation is complete. And perhaps not even then depending on how much DCFS cares to share. Everything in CPS is highly confidential unless the agency decides it is in the best interest to report something. If it is something that may cause harm to the child if it is disclosed to the public, it will not be made public.

ETA: Just because a report is made with one allegation, doesn't mean the findings won't end up being more. Could be one allegation and 10 separate findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2