Texas Equusearch Suing Casey Anthony

This money is coming from somewhere.

Maybe someone paid her for an interview already.

I hope when all of this settles - OCA is left broke and all alone.

This money is coming from somewhere.

Maybe someone paid her for an interview already.

I hope when all of this settles - OCA is left broke and all alone.

It is quite obvious that she had money hidden. The Bankruptcy should not be allowed IMO while she is making all these deals with money that miraculously appears when she needs it most. If her 'friends' love her that much they should pay off her debts to the Police and the court system.

Agreed Motion to Continue/Reschedule On Pretrial Conference
Filed by Peter D. Russin on behalf of Plaintiff Texas Equusearch Mounted Search and Recovery
(Entered: 09/13/2013)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwEDmRAkTopSdzlyY21wZzdFRmc/edit?usp=sharing

May 3, 2013 – TES filed Complaint
May 14, 2013 – Court set Pre-Trial Conference for July 2, 2013 at 10:30am
June 3, 2013 – Casey filed Motion to Dismiss TES’ Complaint
July 2, 2013 – HEARING held – Court moved Hearing to Sept 17, 2013 at 2:00pm

Page 2 – “The parties have come to a consensual resolution of the Plaintiff’s claims [TES] against the Debtor [Casey Anthony], including the Plaintiff’s [TES] unsecured proof of claim number 5 filed in the Debtor’s [Casey Anthony] bankruptcy estate, and are in the process of finalizing and executing the settlement agreement. The extension requested herein will allow the parties to do so, and as such, good cause exists to grant such relief.”

Plaintiff [TES] requests the Court continue the Pretrial Conference for sixty (60) days in accordance with the Court’s availability, or to such other date as may be deemed appropriate by the Court.

“Undersigned counsel [Peter Russin for TES] has conferred with the Debtor’s counsel [David Schrader, Debra Ferwerda, and Charles Greene, for Casey Anthony] concerning the requested continuance, and the Debtor’s counsel informed undersigned counsel that the Debtor [Casey Anthony] agrees with the relief requested herein.”

ThiinkTank- could you post this in the Attorney advice thread? Hopefully AZLawyer can give her opinion on what all this means. Thanks

It is quite obvious that she had money hidden. The Bankruptcy should not be allowed IMO while she is making all these deals with money that miraculously appears when she needs it most. If her 'friends' love her that much they should pay off her debts to the Police and the court system.

Exactly! .... the money appears when SHE needs it most. Clearly, she is either already in possession of enough money to settle the suit, or she has something lined up. In either case, how can the bankruptcy court just turn a blind eye to this? So frustrating!

Hopefully, this proposed settlement will be the straw that breaks this BK filing and FCA's shenanigans wide open!

Agreed Motion to Continue/Reschedule On Pretrial Conference
Filed by Peter D. Russin on behalf of Plaintiff Texas Equusearch Mounted Search and Recovery
(Entered: 09/13/2013)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwEDmRAkTopSdzlyY21wZzdFRmc/edit?usp=sharing

May 3, 2013 – TES filed Complaint
May 14, 2013 – Court set Pre-Trial Conference for July 2, 2013 at 10:30am
June 3, 2013 – Casey filed Motion to Dismiss TES’ Complaint
July 2, 2013 – HEARING held – Court moved Hearing to Sept 17, 2013 at 2:00pm

Page 2 – “The parties have come to a consensual resolution of the Plaintiff’s claims [TES] against the Debtor [Casey Anthony], including the Plaintiff’s [TES] unsecured proof of claim number 5 filed in the Debtor’s [Casey Anthony] bankruptcy estate, and are in the process of finalizing and executing the settlement agreement. The extension requested herein will allow the parties to do so, and as such, good cause exists to grant such relief.”

Plaintiff [TES] requests the Court continue the Pretrial Conference for sixty (60) days in accordance with the Court’s availability, or to such other date as may be deemed appropriate by the Court.

“Undersigned counsel [Peter Russin for TES] has conferred with the Debtor’s counsel [David Schrader, Debra Ferwerda, and Charles Greene, for Casey Anthony] concerning the requested continuance, and the Debtor’s counsel informed undersigned counsel that the Debtor [Casey Anthony] agrees with the relief requested herein.”
Where the heck is she getting all this money from? $25,000 to the Trustee...and now money for TES (which they so deserve)? This has to help ZG and RK in their suits, doesn't it?

Do you know if this discussion has reached Twitter?

I was really hoping AZLawyer would come into this thread and let us know what she thinks of this latest deal before I write to the Trustee. Previously when I wrote them with complaints/questions they replied very promptly. They are
aware of the huge public interest in this case..

I was really hoping AZLawyer would come into this thread and let us know what she thinks of this latest deal before I write to the Trustee. Previously when I wrote them with complaints/questions they replied very promptly. They are
aware of the huge public interest in this case..

From the Lawyers thread - AZLawyer says

Bankruptcy is not a claim, but rather a proceeding made up (usually) of lots of claims, sometimes requiring lots of little separate trials. So the settlement of one claim (TES) normally would just mean that the number (if any) owed to TES out of the bankruptcy estate $ (if any) would be decided, so no separate trial would be necessary on that claim.The TES settlement would not have any effect on the deposition set in the ZFG case.

See above re: the settlement with TES. We haven't seen the settlement agreement yet, of course, so we don't know for sure that it involves money being paid. But assuming it does, I'm sure it will come from one of Casey's "supporters." Having "supporters" who are willing to pay your debts if you ask, but are not obligated to do so, doesn't change your status as bankrupt.IIRC the BK judge only denied the request to take Casey's depo in April because there was no adversary proceeding yet pending, and there had been no ruling yet on ZFG's request to proceed with the trial in state court instead of in BK court.ETA: The depo date was probably set by agreement. Lawyers tend to get a little lazy about filing depo notices if they've already exchanged emails/letters agreeing on the date.

I read this stuff and just shake my head - it beggars belief that the Bankruptcy court will just accept her statement that she is broke, when
common sense tells us she is not, just concealing money.

Do they really believe she has a steady supply of benevolent supporters able to come up with settlement money on a whim?

If I should lead a dissolute life and decide to walk away from all my debts, including the Police and the Courts, it's good to know the Bankruptcy Trustee will just take my word for it that I'm really a victim and I'm broke..

I will be interested to see if the documents are sealed. I can see that as a contentious discussion, but I have a layperson's view of this situation.

I am glad to see TES is getting some sort of settlement out of this. The longer this all drags on the more it will cost them in lawyer fees. TES doesn't have the money IMO to keep fighting for $100,000 when the case may either be discharged or they may lose the case, and even end up paying for Casey's lawyers.
I support TES in all they went through on this case. It was horrible what the defense did to TES and the searchers. I have always believed that there is one question Casey's attorney could ask that would win the case for her. As a juror, if I could only base my decision on the financial cost to TES I would have to side with Casey even though in my heart I believe TES deserves so much more.
For two years I have wanted to discuss the question and see if others agree with my thoughts of what a jury would decide, but haven't wanted to give the lawyers any ideas. If I have thought it for two years then I am sure they have too. Should I wait till after the settlement to post it?

TexasEquuSearch part of Hearing Sept 17, 2013 – moved to Nov 26, 2013 11:30am

Order Granting Motion To Continue/Reschedule Hearing Re: Pretrial Conference
Hearing scheduled for 11/26/2013 at 11:30 AM at Tampa, FL
- Courtroom 9B, Sam M. Gibbons United States Courthouse, 801 N. Florida Avenue.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIZV95WWZVY2thVGM/edit?usp=sharing

Zenaida and Kronk still have a HEARING tomorrow, Sept 17th at 11:00 to see if the bankruptcy judge is going to throw out their cases - the CORE issues.

I am glad to see TES is getting some sort of settlement out of this. The longer this all drags on the more it will cost them in lawyer fees. TES doesn't have the money IMO to keep fighting for $100,000 when the case may either be discharged or they may lose the case, and even end up paying for Casey's lawyers.
I support TES in all they went through on this case. It was horrible what the defense did to TES and the searchers. I have always believed that there is one question Casey's attorney could ask that would win the case for her. As a juror, if I could only base my decision on the financial cost to TES I would have to side with Casey even though in my heart I believe TES deserves so much more.
For two years I have wanted to discuss the question and see if others agree with my thoughts of what a jury would decide, but haven't wanted to give the lawyers any ideas. If I have thought it for two years then I am sure they have too. Should I wait till after the settlement to post it?

Casey is forced to settle. There is NO way in hell she will ever submit to being questioned about Caylee's death, all the lies she told and all the peripheral damage she deliberately caused to Zenaida and Roy Kronk.
If those cases can go ahead she will magically come up with the money to settle before it ever gets to court! People are lending her money based on her potential future earnings IMO, and we have already seen where people want to give her $1million- so she is not going to tell any information for free in court when she can sell it for lots more...

Casey is forced to settle. There is NO way in hell she will ever submit to being questioned about Caylee's death, all the lies she told and all the peripheral damage she deliberately caused to Zenaida and Roy Kronk.
If those cases can go ahead she will magically come up with the money to settle before it ever gets to court! People are lending her money based on her potential future earnings IMO, and we have already seen where people want to give her $1million- so she is not going to tell any information for free in court when she can sell it for lots more...

Exactly!

Why does Casey Anthony get to choose which debts she "wants" to pay?

She wants to pay $25,000 to the Trustee to keep the rights to her story, and she wants to pay TES to settle with them, so she comes up with the money somehow.

But all the court ordered debts to law enforcement she does NOT "want" to pay - so she is destitute when it comes to paying them.

How is she getting away with this in a FEDERAL court?
It is obvious that she has access to a LOT of money, when she "wants" to obtain it.
It is obvious that she must have lucrative money deals lined up for immediately after her bankruptcy case is closed.

Settling with them and indicating that she intentionally caused them to lay out that kind of money can only strengthen all of the jurisdictions looking for reimbursement, I would think.

You cant say, "Yeah I lied to you and wasted your resources-here is 50 cents on the dollar" and not expect that to be used by LE when they want their tab paid.

Will the jurisdictions settle for pennies on the dollar or will they demand full boat?

RBBM, ZsaZsa. Yep, she's kinda shown her hand, hasn't she?

I am sorry-I cant help but laugh at the future earnings idea. By the time this is all said and done, even the guy from Vivid wont be interested in signing a check. JMVHO.

She would have to write a confession book, and I will be honest-I still wouldnt read it.

BBM
In regards to the TES settlement, I agree,
IMO she was "convinced" to settle and she also would not have to be deposed and questioned under oath.
Her Lawyers may have felt she had a stronger chance of losing the TES civil suit.
:twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv
Back