Texas Equusearch Suing Casey Anthony

Exactly!

Why does Casey Anthony get to choose which debts she "wants" to pay?

She wants to pay $25,000 to the Trustee to keep the rights to her story, and she wants to pay TES to settle with them, so she comes up with the money somehow.

But all the court ordered debts to law enforcement she does NOT "want" to pay - so she is destitute when it comes to paying them.

How is she getting away with this in a FEDERAL court?
It is obvious that she has access to a LOT of money, when she "wants" to obtain it.
It is obvious that she must have lucrative money deals lined up for immediately after her bankruptcy case is closed.

IMO
The money she owes to the IRS and ALL Gov't Agencies should not be discharged and she should pay ..

The IRS has a Lien against her..IMO All other Gov't agencies should have done the same.

The TES/Tim Miller SETTLEMENT with Casey Anthony is FINAL.
Just needs the bankruptcy judge's stamp of approval now.
See document on google docs

10/18/2013
Motion for Approval of Compromise Settlement With Texas Equusearch Mounted Search and Recovery

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIU0Zyc1k0TWxhQ0k/edit?usp=sharing

No admission of liability. The Parties acknowledge that this Stipulation is a compromise and settlement of a controversy. No Party admits, and each expressly denies, any liability on its part.

Allowance of Claim. The Parties agree that the Claim shall be allowed as a general unsecured claim in the amount of $ 75,000.00. TES shall not be entitled to any other claims against Ms. Anthony’s bankruptcy estate and the Claim shall be dischargeable and discharged during the bankruptcy proceeding. Moreover, the Parties acknowledge that Stephen L. Meininger, Chapter 7 trustee for the bankruptcy estate of Ms Anthony, has no objection to TES having an allowed unsecured Claim in the amount of $ 75,000.00.

No discovery. The Parties agree that TES shall not conduct any discovery [depositions, interrogatories ...] or otherwise participate in the Bankruptcy Case, except to the extent participation in the case is required by the Bankruptcy Court in connection with the Claim.

Press release and contact. The Parties agree that for a period of nine (9) months from the date of this Stipulation, TES shall be the only Party to issue a press release or similar statement of any kind regarding the Stipulation, except that counsel for Ms. Anthony may comment that the claim of TES was “resolved” in the best interest of Ms. Anthony under the circumstances,” or words substantially similar to that effect.

Attorneys’ fees and costs. Each Party shall bear its own attorneys’ fees and costs...

Settlement was Stipulated and Agreed to and signed by Casey M. Anthony on Sept 24, 2013, and by TES/Tim Miller on Sept 25, 2013.

FILED October 18, 2013 – waiting for bankruptcy judge to approve and ORDER the settlement.

One thing is certain to me, they are so desperate that she not be deposed they will agree to anything. Which convinces me even more that they are
going to keep her silent until such time as the bankruptcy is done, so they can start selling her "never before revealed" story.
IMO her lawyers are scum, they are all well matched with their client.

One thing is certain to me, they are so desperate that she not be deposed they will agree to anything. Which convinces me even more that they are
going to keep her silent until such time as the bankruptcy is done, so they can start selling her "never before revealed" story.

IMO her lawyers are scum, they are all well matched with their client.

BBM
:ditto:

She and her team of lawyers are doing everything they can so she is not deposed.
And even the 1 time she was deposed her responses were so carefully scripted/prepared/orchestrated that she gave the opposing side little info...

I'm told this TES settlement means Casey will get her bankruptcy and this $75,000 will be cleared as a debt owed to TES.

Then TES can file a $75,000 loss of revenue tax write off -- much like Baez will do with the money he is claiming in her bankruptcy case.

Why on earth did TES settle? Color me confused. I don't get it.

I have to assume that the stipulation that each side pays their own legal fees is a factor. I cannot imagine how much this is costing in legal fees, and even if they were to win they might never see a dime. Fighting the good fight is one thing, but years and years of it that takes funds away from finding the missing who might be saved is a tough call.

I imagine it was a heart wrenching decision but they had to do what was best for the mission of the group and for those who are lost.

I hate seeing Casey "get away with it" yet again, but I understand.

Before, I think FCA listed TES/Tim as a possible creditor with an unknown amount. There was talk of a settlement reached between the two parties and now it's come out that there was no final settlement as such - only a paper agreement. The only thing I can figure is they agreed to list $75,000 as the dollar amount for TES/Tim's claim.

This could mean that when the BK is finalized, TES/Tim will receive some of the spoils if there are any left out of the $25,000 FCA paid in return for her story. If TES/Tim didn't agree to it, they could have lost any money whatsoever if the BK judge dismisses the suits when he settles the case. If they aren't dismissed, it may be years before settling anything. As it is, TES/Tim are still stuck with any lawyers' fees to date, unless it was pro bono.

Even though FCA agreed to this with no admission of liability, there was no reason at all for an agreement if she were innocent. This paper that FCA signed is probably the only validation Tim will ever have that she was as guilty as he believed all along and deep down that may be enough satisfaction for him, along with any moneys he may receive.

I have to assume that the stipulation that each side pays their own legal fees is a factor. I cannot imagine how much this is costing in legal fees, and even if they were to win they might never see a dime. Fighting the good fight is one thing, but years and years of it that takes funds away from finding the missing who might be saved is a tough call.

I imagine it was a heart wrenching decision but they had to do what was best for the mission of the group and for those who are lost.

I hate seeing Casey "get away with it" yet again, but I understand.

Ironic, isn't it that Tim is the innocent party in this but doesn't have lawyers falling all over themselves to represent him for nothing. He actually has to pay his bills....
I wonder what asset Casey has that attracts all these sleazy lawyers to her?

The whole world thinks Casey got away with murder., No one would believe anything she says. People done moved on. Jodi A trumps Casey in the news making business at the moment with her pending case coming up. Casey is yesterdays news. Any person that gave her any money for her story will lose their investment in her. Its been so too long now . She is only a legend in her mind but will always be remembered for getting away with murder. jmo.

Ironic, isn't it that Tim is the innocent party in this but doesn't have lawyers falling all over themselves to represent him for nothing. He actually has to pay his bills....

BBM

Oh, I think we all know what that might be, right?

well we know she swings both ways; so it could be anyone. But if she is
"lodging with someone rich and unmarried" then that persons assets are not hers. she is as crafty as her mother. some things never change, least of all people.

Casey A will reoffend. I'm waiting; wait till we find out who the drip is who wants to hv her children....wonder how well he will sleep at night.

I haven't commented here in a really long time but I'm going to add my 2 cents.
I don't get why people are always so surprised that FCA keeps getting away without consequences. Nothing about her surprises me at all.
I see Tim Miller different then other people. He's not a money grubbing SOB like the majority of people who have or will have contact in the future when they become entangled with FCA. I'm not surprised that Tim Miller has settled his beef with FCA. Number 1 she isn't worthy of TM's attention even if it is negative. TM is a surviving victim of violence perpetrated on his daughter who was cold bloodily murdered. When you have been in that darkest place in your life money means absolutely nothing to you. TM was thrust into a situation that he never dreamed would ever happen to his beloved daughter. I'm positive that FCA means absolutely nothing to TM. Yes, that man came to find Caylee dead or alive and each and everyone of the Anthony's should be kissing the ground he walks on. TM turned the tragedy of his daughter's murder into something he could wrap his mind around in looking for missing people. If people really care about him and what he does they will donate to TES and that is how TM will keep his daughter in his heart always by doing for other people what couldn't happen for his daughter. Money? Law suit's? No. He puts his heart and soul into what he does best and if I ever find myself in a situation of a missing family member, friend or even a stranger in my area I'd want no one other then TM on my side.

I haven't commented here in a really long time but I'm going to add my 2 cents.
I don't get why people are always so surprised that FCA keeps getting away without consequences. Nothing about her surprises me at all.
I see Tim Miller different then other people. He's not a money grubbing SOB like the majority of people who have or will have contact in the future when they become entangled with FCA. I'm not surprised that Tim Miller has settled his beef with FCA. Number 1 she isn't worthy of TM's attention even if it is negative. TM is a surviving victim of violence perpetrated on his daughter who was cold bloodily murdered. When you have been in that darkest place in your life money means absolutely nothing to you. TM was thrust into a situation that he never dreamed would ever happen to his beloved daughter. I'm positive that FCA means absolutely nothing to TM. Yes, that man came to find Caylee dead or alive and each and everyone of the Anthony's should be kissing the ground he walks on. TM turned the tragedy of his daughter's murder into something he could wrap his mind around in looking for missing people. If people really care about him and what he does they will donate to TES and that is how TM will keep his daughter in his heart always by doing for other people what couldn't happen for his daughter. Money? Law suit's? No. He puts his heart and soul into what he does best and if I ever find myself in a situation of a missing family member, friend or even a stranger in my area I'd want no one other then TM on my side.

:clap:

Agreed.
Even though Wites & Kapetan P.A and Meland Russin & Budwick P.A are working Pro Bono, TES and Tim Miller would still have to pay for other expenses related to the case.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20131018005019/en/Wites-Kapetan-P.A.-Meland-Russin-Budwick-P.A

Wites & Kapetan, P.A. and Meland Russin & Budwick, P.A. Announce That Texas Equusearch Reaches Settlement Allowing Pursuit of Claims against Casey Anthony in Bankruptcy Court

I truly believe Tim would have had a good chance of winning a claim against her, so why couldn't he have pursued this and then attached any settlement he may have been rewarded to any future income she might get?

It just seems that the writing is on the wall. They are passing her off as broke and unable to pay these well deserving people, and the minute they agree to get off her back, she is going to try and cash in. Then, that undeserving (expletive) will walk away with money in her pocket, and all the people who's lives she turned upside down will get nothing.

AZLawyer response in Lawyer Questions thread:

AZLawyer wrote: "Basically, the settlement means that TES caved. It gets a $75,000 "claim" in the bankruptcy, but is there any money in the bankruptcy estate to pay that claim? No. So it gets $0 most likely. You're correct that as a non-profit the tax effect was probably not a motivating factor."

"TES didn't even have the useless bankruptcy claim for $75,000 until just now, and hasn't had its claim discounted to $0 yet, so how could they have written this off last year?"

Ouch. As much as it hurts me to say it ~ it appears that everyone "caves" for her.

Why?

TES and Tim Miller were trashed by the defense team and the Anthony's throughout the entire case. I will never forget how the searches were treated by the defense team. NEVER. Nor will I ever forget the way Cindy trashed Tim Miller.
Since TES started the lawsuit I have always felt that it might not be a win. They only sued for costs associated with searching for Caylee. My concern was that if the defense were to ask in court how much money was donated to TES in Caylee's name, and it is/was over $100,000 dollars that a jury would look at it that they made money off the search, not lost money.

Don't get me wrong I think TES, Tim Miller, and the searchers were wronged in so many ways, but that is not what they were suing for IIRC. As a juror I just think it would be hard to award TES money if the donations that came in Caylee's name were more than the amount TES was suing for.

TES and Tim Miller were trashed by the defense team and the Anthony's throughout the entire case. I will never forget how the searches were treated by the defense team. NEVER. Nor will I ever forget the way Cindy trashed Tim Miller.
Since TES started the lawsuit I have always felt that it might not be a win. They only sued for costs associated with searching for Caylee. My concern was that if the defense were to ask in court how much money was donated to TES in Caylee's name, and it is/was over $100,000 dollars that a jury would look at it that they made money off the search, not lost money.

Don't get me wrong I think TES, Tim Miller, and the searchers were wronged in so many ways, but that is not what they were suing for IIRC. As a juror I just think it would be hard to award TES money if the donations that came in Caylee's name were more than the amount TES was suing for.

Sounds like the donators should sue. We gave money based on what her legal team was saying on her behalf about her missing child. Where do I sign up? I just can't justify in any way her not stoping all of those volunteers who were searching for Caylee while she knew all along exactly what happened to her. She is just plain evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back