CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is within the rules to post:

Online I found a Class A Misdemeanor conviction Bryce had back in July 2012 (as an adult) in Illinois. It was for 10-30 grams of marijuana (which, in my opinion, isn't a small amount...approximately 30-60 joints worth. If he was convicted of over 30 grams it would have been a felony.) He was sentenced to a fine of $7,500 and 12 months of Supervision which ended recently on 7/18/2013. This conviction would have been after he graduated from High School and about a month before he started college (and, depending on when they moved, just prior to his family relocating to California.) "Fresh start?"

<modsnip>

Also, his supervision period recently ended (I don't know if he was subject to random drug tests as a result during the 12 month period but I wouldn't be surprised if he was) and within a month and a half later he admitted he took "at least on pill" (illegally.) His girlfriend was concerned enough to tell his mom about it. I would think that mom would have known about this conviction (more than likely also paid his expensive fine.) Might also be motivation to be vague to the media about how many pills Bryce took ("at least one".)

The above might be the catalyst behind any motivation he might have to disappear for awhile. Afraid he might get into trouble with law enforcement for using drugs again, possibly facing jail time? Afraid he won't be able to have his record expunged (perhaps his family put emphasis on this being important for his future?) Afraid of what his family would think after helping him through his prior arrest? Upset that he may have disappointed his girlfriend, roommate, friends and/or parents? Not quite ready to stop the partying? Thoughts?

Link: https://www.judici.com/courts/cases...J&ocl=IL078015J,2012CM73,IL078015JL2012CM73D1

Strong possibility that he was long gone from the area before his SUV was even spotted, crashed.
Quite possibly. Assuming it was Bryce that crashed the SUV and assuming we can accept the reported times (SUV seen on camera at 4:20 and SUV found somewhere between 5:10 & 5:30), there was an hour give or take for him to have walked in any direction. You could walk a few miles in an hour.

Stand at any given point and draw a concentric circle around yourself, three miles out. Pretty big area to search.

This is awesome!!

ETA: in response to the spread sheet which some how didn't end up getting quoted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I saw the media report of the port orford sighting on CBS this morning and it was so odd. I'm glad more media attention is being brought on but they didn't even give a phone number or instructions on what to do if he was sighted or even a call to action requesting that anyone who's seen him should call police.

Disappointing news reporting IMO.

Online I found a Class A Misdemeanor conviction Bryce had back in July 2012 (as an adult) in Illinois. It was for 10-30 grams of marijuana (which, in my opinion, isn't a small amount...approximately 30-60 joints worth. If he was convicted of over 30 grams it would have been a felony.) He was sentenced to a fine of $7,500 and 12 months of Supervision which ended recently on 7/18/2013. This conviction would have been after he graduated from High School and about a month before he started college (and, depending on when they moved, just prior to his family relocating to California.) "Fresh start?"

<modsnip>

The above might be the catalyst behind any motivation he might have to disappear for awhile. Afraid he might get into trouble with law enforcement for using drugs again, possibly facing jail time? Afraid he won't be able to have his record expunged (perhaps his family put emphasis on this being important for his future?) Afraid of what his family would think after helping him through his prior arrest? Upset that he may have disappointed his girlfriend, roommate, friends and/or parents? Not quite ready to stop the partying? Thoughts? (Also, should I link to the website where I found this information?)

this is a COMPLETE game changer.

thanks for posting. The family must have known about this??

<modsnip>

Also, his supervision period recently ended (I don't know if he was subject to random drug tests as a result during the 12 month period but I wouldn't be surprised if he was) and within a month and a half later he admitted he took "at least on pill" (illegally.) His girlfriend was concerned enough to tell his mom about it. I would think that mom would have known about this conviction (more than likely also paid his expensive fine.) Might also be motivation to be vague to the media about how many pills Bryce took ("at least one".)

The above might be the catalyst behind any motivation he might have to disappear for awhile. Afraid he might get into trouble with law enforcement for using drugs again, possibly facing jail time? Afraid he won't be able to have his record expunged (perhaps his family put emphasis on this being important for his future?) Afraid of what his family would think after helping him through his prior arrest? Upset that he may have disappointed his girlfriend, roommate, friends and/or parents? Not quite ready to stop the partying? Thoughts? (Also, should I link to the website where I found this information?)

I think anything like this definitely needs a link please!!!!

Thanks for posting that information Voice4thesilent!

Earlier on this thread (or was it the last thread?), a new poster asked if they were allowed to post information on a conviction that they had found. The mod said only if it was about Bryce himself as no POI etc had been named in the news. I don't believe that poster ever came back and filled us in on what they had found.

Very interesting indeed. Certainly opens the door to a lot of possibilities!

The prior drug charge could be why the family seems to think Bryce might be in hiding.
Not sure I believe it, after a month+ but I can see why they might.

The camera that captured Bryce's license plate isn't at the lake or at the 7-11. I think the 7-11 keeps coming up because on the Find Bryce FB page there was a post early on that the police were reviewing the tapes from a camera at 7-11 in hopes that Bryce may have gone inside however they posted on the FB page afterwards that there was no sign of Bryce on the 7-11 video.

Below is the (awesome) post from kevsrebla that links to photos of the camera that is on Lake Hughes Road, slightly southwest of the lower lake (lagoon) and just east of Ridge Route Road (try saying that 10 times fast!)

Hope that helps!

From what I understand the cameras at 7-11 revealed nothing, and as far as I know neither did any other cameras in the area. There was only one camera and it only took a pic of the license plate, two times, entering into the park. The pic I posted may not be that camera but it is the only one I found and is at the entrance to the camping area, so it makes sense to me that it is the one camera. I could be totally wrong tho.

I find it hard to believe there are so many locals that bear that much resemblance to Bryce. I can't recall the last time I have seen a red headed male. And I am a red head so I'm am always on the lookout for a kindred spirit.

Thanks for posting that information Voice4thesilent!

Earlier on this thread (or was it the last thread?), a new poster asked if they were allowed to post information on a conviction that they had found. The mod said only if it was about Bryce himself as no POI etc had been named in the news. I don't believe that poster ever came back and filled us in on what they had found.

Very interesting indeed. Certainly opens the door to a lot of possibilities!

That was my post.

<modsnip>

The above might be the catalyst behind any motivation he might have to disappear for awhile. Afraid he might get into trouble with law enforcement for using drugs again, possibly facing jail time? Afraid he won't be able to have his record expunged (perhaps his family put emphasis on this being important for his future?) Afraid of what his family would think after helping him through his prior arrest? Upset that he may have disappointed his girlfriend, roommate, friends and/or parents? Not quite ready to stop the partying? Thoughts?

Link: https://www.judici.com/courts/cases...J&ocl=IL078015J,2012CM73,IL078015JL2012CM73D1

Thank you so much for posting this. Now, I think we can assume that BL didn't only "experiment" with marijuana as previously noted by the uncle...this might be indicative of a drug problem IMO. And, maybe why the family needed a fresh start.

That was my post.

SMH. Well that goes to show how good my memory is....not. LOL. I could have sworn it was a brand new poster that had posted that.

Remind me to never witness a serious crime as I would get every detail wrong.

: P

BBM: Exactly. This post says

That makes Christian checking on Bryce at 12:30, only 1/2 hour after the time the gas was billed, not several hours after the gas was delivered, correct? Unless the gas was delivered earlier and billed at 12:00, but that is just conjecture on my part. (Who takes three hours to get three gallons of gas 10 minutes up the road? Not AAA usually, anyway, so something else odd happened there, too.)
Looking closer at the LE transcript for the missing person/wellness check request ...

The last contact noted with BL on Thursday while he was in/around Buttonwillow was at 12:30pm - probably referencing the meeting with the roadside serviceman.

So, it appears, the parents had no phone contact w/BL on Thursday from at least before 12:30pm, when the road serviceman made contact, until about 10pm or 10:30pm when KL did speak with BL on the phone. BBM:
[8/29/2013 20:25:00 : pos14 : MADRIGALT] VIA TELEPHONE, 18-442 REQUEST(S)/REQUIRED PING OF 630-408-xxxx...SPOKE TO NICOLE AT AT&T; AND WILL FAX FORMS TO PING CELL PHONE...LAST HEARD FROM SUBJECT AT 1230 8-29-2013
http://www.ocnewsmap.com/dat/crime/laguna_niguel.html

RSBM
It has always been my understanding that Bryce called roadside assistance at 9am for gas. He received it a short time later (exact time unknown) & after the company processed that the call had been completed and done their paperwork, etc, Karen received a text message about a survey on the service around 12 noon. At that time she got in contact with the company who eventually put her in contact with the serviceman Christian who she asked to go see if Bryce was still there & he was at around 12:30.

There is no way Bryce called for gas at 9am and didn't get it until noon. Not even in Buttonwillow.

That survey text at noon on Thursday was the first indication to anyone that Bryce had not gone back to his apartment Wednesday night.

RSBM
Interesting. A side note: the family would have moved to California just weeks after this happened. Bryce started Sierra College in August of 2012.​

I find it hard to believe there are so many locals that bear that much resemblance to Bryce. I can't recall the last time I have seen a red headed male. And I am a red head so I'm am always on the lookout for a kindred spirit.

Especially in such a tiny town. 1,500 population, I believe?

Thank you so much for posting this. Now, I think we can assume that BL didn't only "experiment" with marijuana as previously noted by the uncle...this might be indicative of a drug problem IMO. And, maybe why the family needed a fresh start.

I think if all this had been forthcoming, the searches would have gone alot differently.

Thanks Voice4theSilent for the info about Bryce's conviction.

I've said it before, but I feel like I have to say it again -- This case reminds me SO much of the Maura Murray case. Now the two even have the legal trouble in common! It seems that Maura had been in trouble for credit card fraud and was on a 3 month probationary period for it at the time of her accident -- hence motivation to flee the scene.

I wonder if there's anything that we can learn from the case similarities? Probably not. I just had to mention it because it's blowing my mind right now.

<modsnip>

This in part could be good reason for a "Fresh Start"

Snipped by me.

Just a note, it was Labor Day weekend, so it probably was pretty crowded.

Added - it was the Friday of the labor day weekend when he went missing, so that actual day he went missing probably wasn't as crowded there as it would have been the rest of the weekend.

Lol. I totally got my days mixed up. I knew that didn't sound right but I was rushing to post before the kids left for school.

It being Friday, there would have been a lot of cars leaving the area. A lot of people commute to work and traffic is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value