Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the leads I mentioned before I thought was one of the strongest leads they should look into was a lead to Remington Bristow of the medical examiners office in 1968 in this newspaper article.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...+found+in+february+1957+in+philadelphia&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...dq=the+boy+in+the+box+pottstown+bristow&hl=en

David Stouts book says later that the call was about a father that was charged with neglect many times in Pottstown with his children.I do very strongly feel this lead needs to be looked into.

I was also looking into this lead to see if there is a possible connection.Does any one know more on these two stories.I just think it's interesting Pottstown was mentioned in both articles.Pottstown was small back then.

http://www.pottsmerc.com/article/MP/20061018/NEWS01/310189999

Is child murder victim buried in Berks?
By Sarah Fleener
POSTED: 12/06/11, 7:40 PM EST |
To thicken the plot, officials say they have a crime but no victim, and the suspect died decades ago without a criminal record.

Police are seeking out people who may have information about children from the Pottstown/Reading area who went missing in the late 1950s to early 1960s.

Can't they take the DNA from this man and check it against our boy?

Can anyone Please call LE and see if they are going to do the isotope testing on him to see where he might possibly have been from?

I find it strange the six people thought the boy in the box was the Speece boy, that's quite a few people. How many children did the Speece's have? Could our boy have been a brother or cousin to this boy. They found a hair on his that was not his, I think a long brown hair. Was hair from any Speece member checked against the hair found on the boy? Maybe they had other children together that were passed off to a parent, sister or other relative? Rambling thoughts.

I'm also very interested in ST. VINCENT'S HOME TACONY. 7201 MILNOR STREET. PHILADELPHIA, PA 19135. Does any one know more on this orphanage? Pictures of blankets on the beds or cots ect...I cannot find much on it? Do they have their own Drs? infirmary? Where do they get the children that stay with them in their care checked?

http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/5231482/
This article would probably be useful if it wasn't written in 1901. I did find it interesting in my search for Novajo blankets though. It seems that anyone who purchased Sovereign Cigarettes would receive a complimentary navajo blanket.

I've been thinking about the blanket. I know most think the blanket came from an orphanage but if so I would think they would have been able to find the orphanage where it came from, if every bed had this type of blanket on it I would assume investigators would have noticed....or not. I wonder if the boy had lived in the Germantown area, as some of the info I am finding refers to the "germantown style" navajo blanket. "Chief" navajo blankets were sometimes given as gifts. I also wonder if any horse hair was found since sometimes you can find blankets in barns used for the horses? Just some random thoughts.

http://articles.philly.com/1995-01-11/living/25711790_1_orphanage-sisters-teenage-mothers

This article talks a little bit a few of the orphanages that have been mentioned in a couple of posts. Maybe the woman in the article would remember what type of blankets were used at the Germantown Road location?

I'm very serious.Does anyone know what they are doing right now to find out who this poor little boy is to put his real name on his grave.Will they do the isotope testing on him? Can someone please re investigate his case again with fresh new eyes. Please hand this over to some one who can and will spend more time on his case.Please.

i always see these posts in the seeking relative sites.. makes me wonder if one of these many posts is for this little boy

' September 25,1952 Hi, My name is Linda and I am in search for my half brother. My mother had given him up for adoption at St.Vincents Hospital in Philadelphia, Pa. My Mother was only 19 when she gave birth to my brother and was in a very bad situation at the time. She also lived in a home at the time for unwed mothers. And just to let you know you also have 8 sisters and 2 brothers who are looking for you also. Please Please Contact me: (respectfully removed)

I posted awhile ago I was very interested in that Orphanage.Lutheran Home for Orphans and Aged, 6950 Germantown Ave.I have looked for a long time and so far this is the only Orphanage I can find that took in babies and older children.I have always felt the bassinet box came from where he was killed and I have worked my investigation around that theory.If I'm wrong then I just wasted a lot of time on that.I do feel this little boy was around the area where the bassinet was bought.Which does not fit this orphanage.But this Orphanage Lutheran Home for Orphans and Aged, 6950 Germantown Ave.is where I was led to.If any one finds pictures of blankets or pictures of their hair cuts please let me and us know ok? I do not think all the blankets were the same.But possibly similar to each other.The blanket could have come from a foster home or institution also.

I also have some names of boys who may have been in there that could be this boy in the box.I tried to turn this lead in a few months ago.I emailed Philadelphia homicide and tried to get other people to turn this in(So if anyone want's to look into these boys please let me know if you find out anything about them.Date of birth? When they went in there?)I have heard nothing back from anyone.

This is from an ancestry board looking for information on Lutheran Home for children.

Re: Lutheran Children's Home-Germantown, PA

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 1:24PM
Classification: Query
Lived there in late 50's. Looking for anyone who can give location or staff info. Lost two younger brothers during this period. Their names were james and robert hagan.

I please need help with finding Robert and James Hagan.When were they born and when were they in the Lutheran home? I'll bump this lead up again to find out anything I can about them before I put up the next possible lead.Hopefully other people are looking into all these leads and other leads and re investigating his case to find out who this poor little boy is.

The boy in the box - If I may please put the next lead.I emailed Philadelphia homicide with this lead too a few months ago.I don't know if anyone got my email or not.I turned this lead in with the last lead.So if any one else can please look into all these leads and this one for this little boy in the box.Please do.

I do not know if they were all adopted out together or much of anything.But it's not to far from where the bassinet was bought in Delaware County and not to far where one of the buyers of the bassinets bought discarded his on a lot Media.

Adoptee Birth Date: 9-19-1955
Adoptee Gender: Female
Adoptee Birth Race: White
Name given to Adoptee by Birth Parents: ?
Adoptee Birth City: Upland, PA
Adoptee Birth County: Delaware County
Adoptee Birth State: Pennsylvania
Adoptee Birth Country: USA
Adoptee Birth Mothers Name: Patricia Conner
Adoptee Birth Mothers Maiden Name: ?
Adoptee Birth Mothers Race: White
Adoptee Birth Fathers Name: John Glinsky
Adoptee Birth Fathers Race: White
Adoptee Birth Hospital: Crozer Hospital
Adoption Agency or Attorney: ?
Age of Adoptee when Adopted: 8 months old
Name given to Adoptee by Adoptive Parents: Arlene Baker
City adoption took place: Upland, PA
County adoption took place: Delaware County
State adoption took place: Pennsylvania
Country Adoption took place: USA
Adoptive Mothers Name: Charlene Baker
Adoptive Mothers Maiden Name: Price
Adoptive Fathers Name: Fred Baker
Searching For: Birth Brothers, Birth Sisters, Medical History.

All Other Information: I have six brothers and sisters, all were put up for adoption. I have five brothers and sisters older and one brother younger. I have blue eyes and reddish brown hair. I would really like to find my birth family whom I've been searching for, for many years.
Date Received: 4-12-2011
Date Posted: 4-19-2011
Last Updated: 4-19-2011

There is a Bethesda Childrens Home that was associated with Lutheran Services in Meadville, PA. Says that it dates back to 1919. They have a number on the internet,maybe they can help. I am not sure if I can put the address and phone number on here.

Did you try finding the women in this article who stayed there. I didn't want to post her name but if you read the article the woman's name is in it, maybe you can find her on fb and ask her what type of blankets were used?

http://articles.philly.com/1995-01-1...eenage-mothers

This article talks a little bit a few of the orphanages that have been mentioned in a couple of posts. Maybe the woman in the article would remember what type of blankets were used at the Germantown Road location?

On the shape of his head. i hope I can type this so it makes sense. You know when a baby is left lying in the crib in the same position, the hair gets thinner there. Since the investigator said that he was malnourished and appeared sickly, maybe he had no strength to move and lay in 1 position for awile and that was what caused the deform to his head.

On the back of his head? I'm still confused why he had a misshapen head. I always thought it was from blunt force trauma to his head and swelling. I don't know.

As far as the shape of his head goes, I just always thought that he had some sort of deformity.

As far as the shape of his head goes, I just always thought that he had some sort of deformity.

yeah it has to be, i dont think its due to laying in one position as its in the wrong place for that.

even though he's deceased ( i have no other way of saying this but bluntly apologies)

he looked like he had some kind of disability..not just his head..he may never have registered at birth at all.. he could have been treated as retarded from birth and kept in a room..

sounds awful ...sorry

This is one of the reasons I thought his head was misshapen.Blunt force trauma to his head.David Stouts book says on the Autopsy page 21.Beaten to death,the Dr thought,after finding an ugly wound on the back of the head.

I have looked at many leads for many years now on this little unidentified boy.I'm going to back track on who I think this little boy is. The boy in the box lead - I would like to know who these people were and the name of that little boy put into that orphanage.Please let me know if any one finds out ok?

The boy in the box-A Unidentified Pennsylvania Couple - In March 1957, a Manayunk, PA couple told detectives they thought the boy might be their 6-year-old son, whom they had last seen seven months earlier when he was placed in an orphanage by the Municipal Court. The mother said the boy "looks like him" and the father said he wasn't "too sure." A team of detectives later found the boy in a private orphanage in West Philadelphia.Please help me find out who he is.

This little boy put in this orphanage has really been bothering me a lot.I keep thinking about him.It bothers me very much the mother of that little boy put in the West Philadelphia orphanage(St Johns Orphanage?)said it looked like her son.I cannot get past this and this is what keeps me coming back to that boy put in that orphanage.I would like to know who these people were and the name of this little boy put into the orphanage.I feel the orphanage possibly lied to LE the little boy was there when he was not.I feel this little boy should be seriously looked into again.I need help finding out who he was and where he is today.I would like to turn this in as a serious lead and I tried to awhile back.But I can't get a hold of anyone.To check with DNA if that boy is the boy in the box.Please let me know if anyone finds out who this Manayunk Pennsylvania was and who that little boy put in that orphanage and what orphanage it was.I'll explain a little bit more of why I think our boy is this boy put in orphanage soon.

Ok, need some help here. I went to the library here in town becasue you can access Ancestry.com for free if you have a library card. There was an entry from a man on a Luthern Childrens Home sight that was looking for his brothers, names were Hagan. But there was no way for me to reply to him. Why? He stated that they were there in the 50's and this may be an ophanage that this boy came from. I wanted to ask him the ages of his brothers and more history. Can someone explain to me why I could not post a reply to him?

I was hoping they would care more and do like LE did with Baby Hope.More publicity,another big push ect...It worked with Baby Hope.She is Identified with her real name going on her grave.A beautiful name Anjelica Castillo.The boy in the box deserves that too.His real name on his grave.Why aren't they doing all this for him and doing more to find out who he is?It makes me very sad.

The boy in the box deserves his real name on his grave too.

Baby Hope cops will have Anjelica Castillo's name etched on her tombstone

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...illo-s-name-etched-on-her-tombstone-1.6261501

The issue is time, DNA, the fact that even then they had so little to go on. The area has changed, Neighbors have changed..

It pains me that this little boy has not found his name yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat