Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Status
Not open for further replies.
They never showed the picture.It was just mentioned in David Stouts book.But I would like to see it.

I think this is her.I'm very pretty sure they did not check her DNA. Maybe they can now.

More at the link.

http://articles.philly.com/2007-02-27/news/25237973_1_investigator-police-officer-vidocq-society

'Amazing Grace' that came too late The 'Boy in the Box' mystery, 50 years on.

By Joseph A. Gambardello INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
POSTED: February 27, 2007
Deanna Gannon came to a snow-covered Ivy Hill Cemetery in the gray morning chill yesterday with a single white rose for a boy more loved in death than he was in life.

He has no name, but Gannon - like many of her generation who grew up in Philadelphia in the 1950s - remembers his face.

And so she joined with a dwindling band of retired investigators in marking the 50th anniversary of what has become known as the Boy in the Box case.

Another article

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070227/NEWS06/702270368/-1/RSS

I'm pretty sure it was this lady. Can someone see if DNA was done with her and her family.I'm pretty sure it wasn't.Can they do it now.

We need help finding out who the boy in that picture was.Please let us know if anyone finds out who that boy was.

If the shape of the little boys head in that picture did indeed look like the Boy in the box's head and the boy in the box's head really was misshapen and it wasn't from blunt force trauma to the head I was thinking how many boys heads look like that.I hope and pray they do DNA with that lady at the grave site with pictures of that little boy to see if it's a match.Can someone please find out if they will do that?

This is a composite of the boy in the box by Randall Sands an artist.He is very good. Does any one recognize this little boy in the 1950's?

1208825_407137792741630_2041870871_n_zpsf12c35c9.jpg

I asked him if he could please draw him with hair.He made this.It is beautiful. Does anyone recognize a boy that looked like this in 1950's?

1390470_450581425063933_870104082_n_zps5480ff0a.jpg

I asked Randall Sands if he could please do a composite of what the boy in the box's mother may have looked like.This is beautiful.I have always wanted to know what his mother would like.I've tried for many years to get someone to draw what she would like.So this is very special to me.Thank You so much.

Does someone remember a woman that looked like this with a small boy 4-6 years old in and around 1957.Possibly but maybe not with sibling also.

1514980_450615615060514_1032671168_n1_zpse4507073.jpg

I asked him Randall Sands if he could make a picture of what the boy in the box's father would like like.This is a composite of what the boy in the box's father would look like. He said he would make a picture of his impression of what he would have looked like then.It's beautiful. Does anyone remember or recognize a man that looked like this or similar in and around 1957 or the 1950's. with a small boy around 1957?

1531667_451023735019702_426279057_n_zpscc57c89d.jpg

My Christmas present to you little one to help find out who you are.

Does anyone remember or recognize a family like this in and around 1957 or 1950's or people that looked similar to this.May or may not have had siblings.This boy between 4 and 6 years could have been with both parent's,family members or with either just the mother or just the father.

1531667_451023735019702_426279057_n_zpscc57c89d.jpg

1514980_450615615060514_1032671168_n1_zpse4507073.jpg

1390470_450581425063933_870104082_n1_zps4ce74b2d.jpg

Can someone please put these pictures together for me.

Can someone please put these pictures together for me.

I have looked at many leads for many years now on this little unidentified boy.I'm going to back track on who I think this little boy is. The boy in the box lead - I would like to know who these people were and the name of that little boy put into that orphanage.Please let me know if any one finds out ok?

The boy in the box-A Unidentified Pennsylvania Couple - In March 1957, a Manayunk, PA couple told detectives they thought the boy might be their 6-year-old son, whom they had last seen seven months earlier when he was placed in an orphanage by the Municipal Court. The mother said the boy "looks like him" and the father said he wasn't "too sure." A team of detectives later found the boy in a private orphanage in West Philadelphia.Please help me find out who he is.

This little boy put in this orphanage has really been bothering me a lot.I keep thinking about him.It bothers me very much the mother of that little boy put in the West Philadelphia orphanage(St Johns Orphanage?)said it looked like her son.I cannot get past this and this is what keeps me coming back to that boy put in that orphanage.I would like to know who these people were and the name of this little boy put into the orphanage.I feel the orphanage possibly lied to LE the little boy was there when he was not.I feel this little boy should be seriously looked into again.I need help finding out who he was and where he is today.I would like to turn this in as a serious lead and I tried to awhile back.But I can't get a hold of anyone.To check with DNA if that boy is the boy in the box.Please let me know if anyone finds out who this Manayunk Pennsylvania was and who that little boy put in that orphanage and what orphanage it was.I'll explain a little bit more of why I think our boy is this boy put in orphanage soon.

I need help finding out who the Manayunk Pennsylvania boy was that was put in that orphanage and what orphanage that was.It bothers me very much the mother of that little boy put in the that orphanage said the boy in the box looked like her own son.Please help me find out who he was.

I have big problems with this. They only left their son 7 months before. They would have known it was him. While beaten he is not disfigured to the point of being unrecognizable.

I see no reason for the orphanage to lie when they would have to show the child if they were asked to by LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think she did know it was him.She said it looks like him and that really bothers me. I personally don't believe the LE ever actually saw that Manayunk Pennsylvania boy.I think and feel LE believed a lie the orphanage(possibly St Johns Orphanage.There was known abuse in this orphanage) told him.He was there when he wasn't. He actually died in the Orhanage.People especially back then would never ever think a nun would lie to them.Her word was God's word.It never would have been questioned.I guess he could have been in another orphanage or foster home also.I feel it's a huge serious cover up. Possibly a few powerful people.The judge and court ordered this boy to an orphanage.He either got malnourished in the orphanage or in a waiting facility or foster waiting to be received in the orphanage.

I feel he was hard to recognize because this Manayunk Pennsylvania couple last saw their son 7 months before when he was not malnourished.The medical examiners report said the boy in the box was about a year or almost a year malnutritioned. I think and feel the mother of this boy knew it was her son and they blew her off.That's sad. I'm getting more and more convinced everyday. The boy in the box is indeed this Manayunk Pennsylvania couples son. I please please need help help finding out who he was.Please see if LE will do a DNA test with that boy to see if he is the boy in the box.

My very first thought years ago is he was the Horsham suspect boy in the picture.I have not ruled that out either. But I feel the Manayunk Pennsylvania couples son fits.

I personally think she did know it was him.She said it looks like him and that really bothers me. I personally don't believe the LE ever actually saw that Manayunk Pennsylvania boy.I think and feel LE believed a lie the orphanage(possibly St Johns Orphanage.There was known abuse in this orphanage) told him.He was there when he wasn't. He actually died in the Orhanage.People especially back then would never ever think a nun would lie to them.Her word was God's word.It never would have been questioned.I guess he could have been in another orphanage or foster home also.I feel it's a huge serious cover up. Possibly a few powerful people.The judge and court ordered this boy to an orphanage.He either got malnourished in the orphanage or in a waiting facility or foster waiting to be received in the orphanage.

I feel he was hard to recognize because this Manayunk Pennsylvania couple last saw their son 7 months before when he was not malnourished.The medical examiners report said the boy in the box was about a year or almost a year malnutritioned. I think and feel the mother of this boy knew it was her son and they blew her off.That's sad. I'm getting more and more convinced everyday. The boy in the box is indeed this Manayunk Pennsylvania couples son. I please please need help help finding out who he was.Please see if LE will do a DNA test with that boy to see if he is the boy in the box.

My very first thought years ago is he was the Horsham suspect boy in the picture.I have not ruled that out either. But I feel the Manayunk Pennsylvania couples son fits.

I think if you knew that was your boy you would say so. A parent knows their child.

I think this is a dead end.

There just seems to be too much that would get in the way of it being this boy.

She did say it looked like him. I do not think this is dead end. All I'm asking is to just rule it out. Please check that boy with DNA. They have the boy in the box's DNA. There is no reason they can't check this.

She did say it looked like him. I do not think this is dead end. All I'm asking is to just ruled it out. Please check that boy with DNA . They have the boy in the box's DNA. There is no reason they can't do this.

You'd know if he was yours. He looked pretty good. I just don't believe this is him.
I assume the parents are dead. So where does the DNA come from?

I do think it's him. I think she did know it was him. I want this checked out please.

DNA would be from family members. mtDNA. They can find this and do this. They have mtDNA for this boy in the box.There is no reason not to check. Rule it out with DNA.

Can someone please call LE to see if they will check that boy with mtDNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130