Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought little Jimmy Trout was our boy and put back into the system in Pennsylvania.But his extracted teeth and broken nose didn't match.Yes,I agree it's very sad his parents just dumped him off like that and didn't want him.My heart really went out to him.I pray he had a better life later and were with people who really cared and loved him.

I followed this little abandoned boy in New Mexico from the little boy Steven Damman who was missing. They were checking little Jimmy Trout to see if he was Steven Damman.They just didn't mention Jimmy Trouts name in the article I read about Steven Damman.I had to hunt for Newspaper articles under abandoned boys in New Mexico to find out his name.It took awhile.I wanted to know the leads in Steven's case to see if any were our boy.

There are 2 other leads I'm very interested in knowing more about that were leads in little Steven Damman's case. I want to know if these leads of 2 women and boys seen could possibly be our boy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...an-man-claims-abducted-child-article-1.377369

There were reports of a female hitchhiker with a small boy resembling Steven in Minneapolis.

There was another claim of a woman and a boy who looked like Steven in a tavern in Topeka, Kan.

First Steven Damman lead.

There were reports of a female hitchhiker with a small boy resembling Steven in Minneapolis. (Blond hair and blue eyes like the boy in the box)

I found this other boy John Check a few years ago that mentions her son John Check was seen in Hawley Minnesota.I feel maybe she just thought this was her son because they possibly were looking into this same boy as Steven Damman in 1956? I personally thought this was the strongest lead I ever had for the boy in the box. But I found John Check under a different name listing his parents in his obituary.It made me very sad because I really thought I solved this poor little boy in the box's case to give him his real name back to him.

But I'm interested in knowing more about that boy seen in Minneapolis with a female hitchhiker if it's the same boy seen in Hawley Minnesota to see if they were the boy in the box.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...BAJ&pg=3345,2462229&dq=missing+son+1956&hl=en

There are many leads and things to look into. I hope and pray someone is re investigating his case again to help find out who he is.

I have looked at many leads for many years now on this little unidentified boy.I'm going to back track on who I think this little boy is. The boy in the box lead - I would like to know who these people were and the name of that little boy put into that orphanage.Please let me know if any one finds out ok?

The boy in the box-A Unidentified Pennsylvania Couple - In March 1957, a Manayunk, PA couple told detectives they thought the boy might be their 6-year-old son, whom they had last seen seven months earlier when he was placed in an orphanage by the Municipal Court. The mother said the boy "looks like him" and the father said he wasn't "too sure." A team of detectives later found the boy in a private orphanage in West Philadelphia.Please help me find out who he is.

This little boy put in this orphanage has really been bothering me a lot.I keep thinking about him.It bothers me very much the mother of that little boy put in the West Philadelphia orphanage(St Johns Orphanage?)said it looked like her son.I cannot get past this and this is what keeps me coming back to that boy put in that orphanage.I would like to know who these people were and the name of this little boy put into the orphanage.I feel the orphanage possibly lied to LE the little boy was there when he was not.I feel this little boy should be seriously looked into again.I need help finding out who he was and where he is today.I would like to turn this in as a serious lead and I tried to awhile back.But I can't get a hold of anyone.To check with DNA if that boy is the boy in the box.Please let me know if anyone finds out who this Manayunk Pennsylvania was and who that little boy put in that orphanage and what orphanage it was.I'll explain a little bit more of why I think our boy is this boy put in orphanage soon.

The boy in the box-I please need help finding out who the Manayunk Pennsylvania boy was that was put in that orphanage and what orphanage that was he was put into and to see if LE will check that boys DNA to see if he is the boy in the box. Just please someone Please help me find out who he was.

May I please ask are they going to do DNA isotope testing for the boy in the box too just like they did for this other unidentified girl ?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_36de5a5c-b615-5292-b5aa-abb99a888a6c.html

"DNA testing confirmed the profile St. Louis experts already had, but the mineral tests, or stable isotope analysis, revealed the child probably spent most of, if not all of, her life in one of 10 southeastern states: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and the Carolinas.

The boy in the box-I please need help finding out who the Manayunk Pennsylvania boy was that was put in that orphanage and what orphanage that was he was put into and to see if LE will check that boys DNA to see if he is the boy in the box. Just please someone Please help me find out who he was.

May I please put this again. Can someone please help me find out who the Manayunk Pennsylvania boy was that was put in that orphanage and what orphanage that was he was put into and to see if LE will check that boys DNA to see if he is the boy in the box.

I pray someone is re investigating his case again.

Well,hopefully someone can look into his case again and please just help keep him bumped up and keep his picture and information out there to help find out who he is.Very sad.

I found a forum online that is an Orphans Memories Webpage and they are people who were in orphanages for a period of their lives. I have e-mailed the ones who would have been in orphanages in Philly and surrounding areas around the time this boy was found. I have asked them to look at the blanket and the hat and the actual website to see if anything rings a bell. We will see if anything turns up. Probably not but worth a shot. I am reading the David Stout book and catching myself up on all things. Next I will go to the census records on ancestry.com and see what I can find there.

I found a forum online that is an Orphans Memories Webpage and they are people who were in orphanages for a period of their lives. I have e-mailed the ones who would have been in orphanages in Philly and surrounding areas around the time this boy was found. I have asked them to look at the blanket and the hat and the actual website to see if anything rings a bell. We will see if anything turns up. Probably not but worth a shot. I am reading the David Stout book and catching myself up on all things. Next I will go to the census records on ancestry.com and see what I can find there.

This is great.Thank you so much.I am very interested in St John's Orphanage. I do feel the blanket he was found in will help Identify him one day.

I do too. Also I think the hat is one of the best leads they had. Of course that's only if the hat really belonged to whoever dumped him. I'm not 100% sure it was yet.

But yes the blanket IS the best lead. I'd love to see them test it for DNA. Sweat, tears, even laundry soap and type of water could help identify where this blanket/boy came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most recently I have written to this woman. Here is her post.

Allegheny Temp Home for Children, Pittsburgh, PA
1937-1942

My grandmother, Barbara Wisler and her brother Duane Wisler "Sunny" were dropped off one day for a "vacation". The encountered Mary Elizabeth Gill, "Mommy Gill", the Matron of the Home. She is the reason that my Great-Uncle Sunny incured epilepsy, she beat his head on the wall. Four years, 5 months, and 29 days later their mother picked them up. This Home was on Perrysville Ave. in Pittsburgh, sponsored by the 8th United Presbyterian Church. I'm looking for anyone, anything, any stories, records, pictures. I know it isn't there any more, but where are the records? ANYTHING!

This tells me it happened alot more often than we like to think. Sad. So I know its a long shot and thats 300 miles away but what the heck? Figured I'd give it a try. We will see...

According to the Philly Archdiocese Historical Archives (per someone who paid money and spoke with them), they said

"infants were usually committed to St. Vincent's, when school-aged, boys were transferred to St. John's, and when high school aged they were transferred to another facility, I think St. Joseph's Home for Industrial Boys or Industrial School."

This was the "path" orphans took who were placed in Catholic Homes in Philly during this time while growing up. Interestingly, St. Vincent is in Upper Darby which is where the JC Penneys was located where the bassinet was purchased. Did someone at St Vincent buy it for the infants to use?? I dont know. But St. Johns, located on Wyalusing Ave is 12.9 miles away from where the boy was found. And St Johns is 2.9 miles away from the JC Penneys where the bassinet was purchased. And St. Vincents was 1.5 miles away from the Penneys were the bassinet was purchased.

Ive heard from multiple people that there was abuse at St. Johns and St. Vincents.

According to the Philly Archdiocese Historical Archives (per someone who paid money and spoke with them), they said

"infants were usually committed to St. Vincent's, when school-aged, boys were transferred to St. John's, and when high school aged they were transferred to another facility, I think St. Joseph's Home for Industrial Boys or Industrial School."

This was the "path" orphans took who were placed in Catholic Homes in Philly during this time while growing up. Interestingly, St. Vincent is in Upper Darby which is where the JC Penneys was located where the bassinet was purchased. Did someone at St Vincent buy it for the infants to use?? I dont know. But St. Johns, located on Wyalusing Ave is 12.9 miles away from where the boy was found. And St Johns is 2.9 miles away from the JC Penneys where the bassinet was purchased. And St. Vincents was 1.5 miles away from the Penneys were the bassinet was purchased.

Ive heard from multiple people that there was abuse at St. Johns and St. Vincents.

I believe the St Vincent's orphanage in Drexel Hill near where the bassinet was bought was closed in 1952.St Vincent's in Tacony is where there asylum (Orphange)was where the younger boys went.I am very interested in St Vincent's Tacony also.Yes there was abuse in St John's orphanage.The boy in the box's hair looked like the ones done at St John's orphanage.Was his hair cut a catholic orphanage type hair cut? I'm looking if any one knows or has records of boys that went into St John's orphanage especially in 1956 and 1957.

I have found a few men who were there during that time but am having a hard time getting their emails. I will go through ancestry and white pages if need be. But as I was talking with someone else earlier via email, she is trying to find records for her orphanage she is interested in and says they destroy records 7 years after they are made. Idk how true that is for us and our area of concern. But I'm definitely not done digging.

Fwiw, this same woman I was speaking to was familiar wth this case and said that she thinks he died in a private home. She said all the kids at the orphanage knew everyone and knew about the abuse. Someone would have come forward by now if it happened in an orphanage. I'm still not convinced.

Fwiw, this same woman I was speaking to was familiar wth this case and said that she thinks he died in a private home. She said all the kids at the orphanage knew everyone and knew about the abuse. Someone would have come forward by now if it happened in an orphanage. I'm still not convinced.
I know a lot of people don't believe "Mary," the woman who says her mom bought the boy when he was a baby and raised him in her basement, but I think that story is as believable as any. Her story matched up with all the information police already had. They went back to her home and found it was just like she had described it. The neighbors who they were able to find said they'd never seen the boy, but that would corroborate with her story.

I think her story is very believable, or if it's not true, I think our boy could have come from a similar situation.

I know a lot of people don't believe "Mary," the woman who says her mom bought the boy when he was a baby and raised him in her basement, but I think that story is as believable as any. Her story matched up with all the information police already had. They went back to her home and found it was just like she had described it. The neighbors who they were able to find said they'd never seen the boy, but that would corroborate with her story.

I think her story is very believable, or if it's not true, I think our boy could have come from a similar situation.

Do you remember if they ever tested the basement of Mary's house for DNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member