OK - Brandy McCaslin kills her 3 children in murder-suicide after supervised visit leads to standoff with police - July 22, 2023

I’ve long wondered why parents kill their children before killing themselves. If suicidal and then turned homicidal, was it planned or does parent suddenly believe they can’t live another minute? Do they not want them to experience the grieving shocking pain of losing mother or father so they eliminate that possibility? Does one parent not want the other parent to continue life with children without the killer? Does one parent only want to inflict pain on other parent?

I recall discussing this on here but I cannot recall where. I will link it.
@LadyL

McCaslin died from apparent suicide with a gunshot wound to the head. The report claims she also suffered from another gunshot wound to the abdomen.

The report claims McCaslin's toxicology report didn't show any substances that would contribute to her actions

The Claremore carpenter used to be the father of three.

But his former girlfriend, Brandy McCaslin, 39, in July killed their infant son and two of her other children before taking her life while a friend was providing supervised visitation, according to news reports and Jacobson.

Jacobson believes that strengthening the parental visitation laws in the state may prevent another tragedy.

He watched Sen. Ally Seifried, R-Claremore, present Senate Bill 1756 before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“I think these are impactful changes,” Seifried said. “We are just saying that if both parties agree not to use professional supervised visitation, then the person who is volunteering, sometimes it is a friend or a family member, they have to pass common sense things like a background check.

“They have to verify that they are not drug or alcohol dependent because they are going to be facilitating visits between parents in an already not ideal situation. So, they need to be equipped.”

Gov. Kevin Stitt signed a measure that gives judges more information about third-party volunteers performing supervised visitation with children.

Senate Bill 1756, signed Thursday, requires volunteer supervisors to provide an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation criminal history background check.

It also requires them to provide an affidavit listing certain information about those who reside in their home.

It also requires disclosure of any of the volunteer’s history of substance abuse and mental health history.

The measure requires the volunteer to be able to see and hear all interactions between the supervised parent and the child.

The bill was motivated by the murder of three children by their mother, Brandy McCaslin, 39, in July. A friend was providing supervised visitation.

McCaslin took her own life. The slayings rocked the Verdigris community.

William Jacobson and Ryan McGee, the fathers of two of the three child victims, lobbied for the measure.

According to news reports quoting the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, McCaslin shot all three children before turning the weapon on herself.

“This tragedy shook our community to its core,” Seifried said. “While we cannot erase the pain of those we have lost, I am honored to have played a role, however small, in bolstering safeguards that may prevent future tragedies.

So all that happened when the custodial supervisor was right there? I didn't see any mention of this person in any of those articles. I take it she was unharmed though. The initial 911 report was of a woman being held at gunpoint in the home, according to the article above. Was that woman the supervising person? And then did she escape or was let go before the murders/suicide happened? Or was that person still in the house during the shootings? With the bills they passed in response to this all dealing with measures to ensure that the person supervising is trustworthy etc., I wondered if there was some problem with the person supervising in this incident, but I haven't read anything like that. Still so many questions, but I'm afraid there are never to be any real answers as to why this happened.

I don't know if there were any other adult there for the children, but here's an article about the social worker who was threatened with a gun, and locked in a garage, and set off fireworks to alarmpolice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back