Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't picture it being someone she knew as a person who knew her would have opportunity to do harm indoors, awHer body was found about three miles from the apartment she shared with her husband. ay from the public eye, in private. Even an estranged family member like an ex could maneuver privacy. Domestic violence that results in murder doesn't usually happen in public, imo. And leaving the body in a public place doesn't seem likely if the perp was known to the victim.

To my eyes, everything about this seems like a random attack in a park. imo. Even someone whose boyfriend has a criminal history, even someone who has ex's, even someone on various dating sites can fall victim to crime committed by a stranger.

jmo
It happens....here is a somewhat recent example of a husband who apparently strangled his wife and left her body in a public place. Although I believe he killed her in their home and her body was found about three miles from the apartment she shared with her husband.

Snipped for focus below with link to article:
A fugitive bodybuilder wanted for the murder of his influencer wife shot himself dead moments after US Marshals caught up with him.

Tom Sharkey, whose influencer wife Alexis Sharkey was found naked and strangled by the side of a road in Houston in November 2020, was himself found dead from a gunshot wound to the head.

JMO

It happens....here is a somewhat recent example of a husband who apparently strangled his wife and left her body in a public place. Although I believe he killed her in their home and her body was found about three miles from the apartment she shared with her husband.

Snipped for focus below with link to article:
A fugitive bodybuilder wanted for the murder of his influencer wife shot himself dead moments after US Marshals caught up with him.

Tom Sharkey, whose influencer wife Alexis Sharkey was found naked and strangled by the side of a road in Houston in November 2020, was himself found dead from a gunshot wound to the head.

JMO

It's interesting that she was found naked. Because I had the same take as you on this. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that someone close to a victim would commit the act in or bring their body to a public place especially if they wanted to make it seem like a random attack. A SA I think helps to clear someone close but being partially clad wo a SA doesn't imo. Instead I think it lends itself to being staged.

jmo

After I looked at the Glow pages, I think she was tanning in a bed every day, not spray tanning. That makes more sense.
@Knox. Agree, I have a friend that does the spraying tanning and she definitely does not go daily. Maybe once per month or every other month. She plays tennis 4-5 days per week and sweats a lot.
MOO

It's interesting that she was found naked. Because I had the same take as you on this. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that someone close to a victim would commit the act in or bring their body to a public place especially if they wanted to make it seem like a random attack. A SA I think helps to clear someone close but being partially clad wo a SA doesn't imo. Instead I think it lends itself to being staged.

jmo
Has LE confirmed she was found naked?

I think until/unless they do, we need to take unverified “witness accounts” with a huge grain of salt.

<p>Rachel Morin’s mother breaks her silence with a post on Facebook asking compassion and time to grieve</p>

1692074028287.png

Last edited:
<p>Rachel Morin’s mother breaks her silence with a post on Facebook asking compassion and time to grieve</p>

View attachment 440978
I hope that LE collates all of the witness statements accurately and investigates thoroughly.

Richard Allen admitted being on the trails at Delphi and it took LE more than 5 years to catch up with him for the Abby and Libby murders.

Somehow I don't think they would make the same mistake again.

We do know that guilty people sometimes "inject themselves into the investigation"..

I hope that LE collates all of the witness statements accurately and investigates thoroughly.

Richard Allen admitted being on the trails at Delphi and it took LE more than 5 years to catch up with him for the Abby and Libby murders.

Somehow I don't think they would make the same mistake again.

We do know that guilty people sometimes "inject themselves into the investigation"..
The actor(s) & their confederates have on occasion, inserted themselves into cases, into social media, into search parties and passed themselves off as "interested parties" for the sole purpose of keeping an eye on the progression of the case, evidence gathered and to spread dis-information to the media, other searchers and LE. Do not assume for one second that we operate here in some insulated environment where what we post is not watched equally by elements of LE, attention seekers, profiteers and the actors themselves.
~ Trackergd @Trackergd ❤️
SAR Search Manager & Footprint Tracker

Last edited:
Normally I get a strong vibe if it is the boyfriend/husband who did it when a woman is found murdered.

This case seems different though with quite a number of POI's IMO.

Then add in the chances of this being random because of the location and I have no idea atm.
I had similar thoughts to you; could be wrong but I felt that the BF in this case isn't - yet - acting in a way that would suggest guilt. JMO.

Maybe there's more in the previous partner theory. The fact that as shown up-thread the family has been in family court re child visitation (an exceptionally explosive area of the law) just as recently as last year is a big red flag IMO. It shows there was conflict there, which in my experience hasn't likely just ended with whatever order were/weren't made in that motion/application to court. These things tend to rumble on in different ways for a long time.

jmo
BBM

Dead bodies don't tend to bleed. Pools and trails of blood at the scene where a body is found do not indicate that a body was dumped or moved to that location or there is a staged crime scene.

I posted yesterday, after someone else mentioned the perp could be a woman, that I wouldn't be surprised if the perp is a woman. I don't *think* it's a woman. I really don't know what to think. I just wouldn't be surprised. We've been given info and told not to rely on info, so like everyone else I'm waiting for confirmed info. :)

I also believe RM tanned in a bed daily, not spray tanned daily.

In hundreds of posts, reposts and comments on the Facebook page of the sheriff’s office, which made the first post about her disappearance Aug. 5, local residents expressed a range of sentiments, from concern to speculation. Within hours, the sheriff’s office responded to the posts, discouraging people from sharing misinformation and advising anyone with a tip on the case to contact their office

Yet, the rumors and unverified content are still being posted in several Facebook groups about Harford County and on other social media platforms, most notably YouTube and Tik Tok. The case has drawn considerable attention from people outside Maryland, and that has Harford County residents, including Morin’s sister, Rebekah, fighting back online.

A Facebook group, Justice for Rachel Morin, A True Crime Discussion Group, sprang up over the weekend, with YouTube videos on the case and stories from Fox News that compare Morin’s homicide to other female jogger deaths that have occurred nationally. The group is administered by a page called Dejavu Crime Crew based in Las Vegas, which follows other crimes on its various social media platforms.

Other true crime pages and news-style websites outside Maryland are also posting on the Morin case, running such salacious headlines as, “Killed by a spurned lover or suitor?”.

Several news outlets have run with versions of the story, claiming to have key information from anonymous sources. The New York Post said on its website Friday that they talked to a source “close to” the tanning salon that Rachel Morin frequented and said they had information on Morin’s dating life, including that she was on multiple dating sites in the weeks before her death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace