Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
AUG 6, 2023
Rachel Morin, 37, was last seen on Saturday, August 5, around 6:00pm when she left to walk on the Ma and Pa Trail.

The sheriff's office stated that Rachel's car was located at the Williams Street entrance in Bel Air.

Hartford county sheriff office FB page with her missing info.
Her bf has replied on one of the posts with the part of the trail she usually walks.

Anyone else weirded out by the line “captivating blue eyes” in the original release? It bothers me when reporters add opinions especially in missing persons reports. Just seems a bit skivvy. Sheriff’s office page just says blue eyes thankfully.

Anyone else weirded out by the line “captivating blue eyes” in the original release? It bothers me when reporters add opinions especially in missing persons reports. Just seems a bit skivvy. Sheriff’s office page just says blue eyes thankfully.
Very weird. I also wish they’d release photos that aren’t Facetuned/filtered to all heck. It’s hard to identify people when the photos released don’t look like themselves in ‘real life’.

In the update on their Facebook page, Harford County Sheriff's Office wrote: "Update #2. At approximately 1.07pm, a female was located deceased off of the Ma and Pa Trail in Bel Air. The identity of the victim, as well as the cause, and manner of death are still under investigation. We ask that, since this is still a very active and ongoing investigation, please refrain from posting any details you may know (or guess) on this post. We want answers as much as you do! Thank you!"

Very weird. I also wish they’d release photos that aren’t Facetuned/filtered to all heck. It’s hard to identify people when the photos released don’t look like themselves in ‘real life’.
It's honestly sometimes hard to obtain such photos - as sometimes family members/loved ones only have the social media heavily filtered ones to share so that's all LE has to work with. Hoping for good news in this case, but it's looking less likely. My thoughts go out to her family.

On the sheriff fb page, they stated there will be a press conference at 730 tonight.

I hike and walk a lot, and find it odd she’d go out at 600 pm. What time does it get dark? Who specifically did she tell she was going on a walk ? Who saw her clothes?

On the sheriff fb page, they stated there will be a press conference at 730 tonight.

I hike and walk a lot, and find it odd she’d go out at 600 pm. What time does it get dark? Who specifically did she tell she was going on a walk ? Who saw her clothes?
Walking later because of the heat? I’m in the South where you have to walk early AM or late PM. It doesn’t get dark here until after 8pm.

I also hike and walk a lot. 6:00 PM didn't strike me as odd. This time of year I usually go out later because of the heat. Living in So Cal I at times have to wait until after 9 PM.

IMHO I am sorry this did not end well. She was such a small woman.
I recently watched a documentary on missing people. I was surprised to find out that a large percentage of missing people go missing in state parks and walking/hiking trails. In addition, the person is generally alone. Also, many hikers have died trying to take selfies.
Unfortunately, Rachel crossed paths with someone evil. I hope this gets solved quickly.

It was probably light enough til about 7:30

So SO says...
-at 11:23 on Aug 5 Rachel's boyfriend reported her missing
- initial search by LE found her vehicle
- today at 1:07pm (Aug 6) a report came in from a citizen that a body was found just off trail.
- LE believes it is Rachel, but it still has to be confirmed by medical examiner.
- a homicide investigation is now underway
- LE recognizes that this homicide causes a lot of concern as the trail is an important part of parks & rec for locals
- if on the trail consider buddying up or wearing a whistle

ETA: further details from presser:
- there will be greater police presence on the trail until this case is resolved

Last edited:
“While we firmly believe this is the body of Rachel Morin, that final determination belongs with the medical examiner and that has not happened yet,” Sheriff Gahler said.

At this time, authorities do not have a person they consider a possible suspect in the investigation. They say there will be an increased police presence near the Ma and Pa Trail

It doesn't really strike me as inappropriate honestly.

They could have chosen their words more carefully, maybe...say something along the lines of "striking light blue eyes.'

Pretty sure it was emphasized because her eyes stood out, kind of the same way someone that maybe has fiery red hair or a tattoo that was memorable.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member