Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3

I’ve been checking in from time to time here but haven’t posted much. It’s frightening to think this guy hasn’t been caught yet and his crimes cover such a wide area and great distances. I tend to think he is a serial killer or one in the making. We are all at risk.
I agree with others that he is known in the LA neighborhood where the first known assault took place but no one is talking because of fear. We need some brave soul to anonymously write the guy’s name on a piece of paper and mail it in to LE. LE will do the investigating and hopefully connect the dots.

Not sure what to think about this case anymore. It started off with some promise when the video was released and the information on the DNA. But it seems to have fizzled? The last media story I found was dated 11/20/23 :(

WBFF in Baltimore just had a report about family disagreements about the fund which was close to $55,000. The father of the oldest child says he was cut out of receiving a part of the money. Also the reporter was talking to the Morin family lawyer about the 7000 raised by the pizzera which he placed into a trust. The reporter said more information at 530pm
Wbff is Fox45. Sounds like a sad situation. MOO.

WBFF in Baltimore just had a report about family disagreements about the fund which was close to $55,000. The father of the oldest child says he was cut out of receiving a part of the money. Also the reporter was talking to the Morin family lawyer about the 7000 raised by the pizzera which he placed into a trust. The reporter said more information at 530pm
Wbff is Fox45. Sounds like a sad situation. MOO.
On Facebook, Matt McMahon, the father of Rachel’s oldest child, is accusing the Morin family of cutting his child out of a https://www..com/f/rachel-morin-funeral-and-memorial-fund for Rachel’s funeral expenses. Rachel’s sister Rebekah Morin is listed as the ’s organizer, which has now raised more than $54,000.

Screenshots of the ’s description when it was first launched reads in part, “If there are any remaining funds they will go towards things her 5 children may need.” The description now reads, “If there are any remaining funds they will go towards Rachel’s family and things her minor children may need.” MacMahon says his daughter is 18 years old and the only child who is not legally a minor.

FOX45 reached out to Rebekah Morin Thursday afternoon asking why the change was made, as of the time this article was published, we have not heard back.

“We don't have anything to do with the at this time. I do know, just from speaking with family that it’s still sitting in the trust, or the account,” said Randolph Rice, an attorney representing the Morin family.

In his social media post, McMahon is also accusing Rice of holding onto money that was meant to purchase the children Christmas gifts.

“Clearly, he's making a demand for money. So, I would say his motive is money,” said Rice in response to the accusations, “It's shameful. I mean, it's just, it's a shame that we’re still, the family is still mourning, they still haven’t found the killer, and there's an individual who has a tangential tie to the family and is trying to profit from this whole situation.”

The money was raised during a fundraiser put on by Box Hill Pizzeria on November 24th. A flyer advertising the fundraiser noted that a significant percentage of all sales would be used to “provide some comfort during this holiday season."

Rebekah Morin shared the flyer to social media, with a caption that read in part, “Goal is to raise enough to give Rachel’s five children as good Christmas as they can have without their mother who always worked extra hard around the holidays to give them a magical Christmas.”

But instead of buying gifts, “We weren’t involved in the beginning process of that, so, I couldn’t tell you why, the purpose of it. I knew it was a fundraiser and Box Hill contacted us and said, we've got the funds, we want to transfer it for the benefit of the kids, and then we said there's a trust, you can place it in that trust,” said Rice.

“Box Hill never told you it was meant for Christmas gifts?” asked a FOX45 reporter.

“I couldn’t tell you what it was. I don’t, I don’t know. I had no idea what that was for. We talked to, we didn’t even talk to Box Hill, we talked to their accountant,” Rice responded.

More unfortunate developments on this confounding case? As to the stated intent and purpose of the fund seeking donations/monies for the children - can it be that any monies donated before the apparent website/purpose change must be shared with all children? And could it be that the fund site would have to return to the donors any monies in dispute? MOO

On Facebook, Matt McMahon, the father of Rachel’s oldest child, is accusing the Morin family of cutting his child out of a https://www..com/f/rachel-morin-funeral-and-memorial-fund for Rachel’s funeral expenses. Rachel’s sister Rebekah Morin is listed as the ’s organizer, which has now raised more than $54,000.

Screenshots of the ’s description when it was first launched reads in part, “If there are any remaining funds they will go towards things her 5 children may need.” The description now reads, “If there are any remaining funds they will go towards Rachel’s family and things her minor children may need.” MacMahon says his daughter is 18 years old and the only child who is not legally a minor.

FOX45 reached out to Rebekah Morin Thursday afternoon asking why the change was made, as of the time this article was published, we have not heard back.

“We don't have anything to do with the at this time. I do know, just from speaking with family that it’s still sitting in the trust, or the account,” said Randolph Rice, an attorney representing the Morin family.

In his social media post, McMahon is also accusing Rice of holding onto money that was meant to purchase the children Christmas gifts.

“Clearly, he's making a demand for money. So, I would say his motive is money,” said Rice in response to the accusations, “It's shameful. I mean, it's just, it's a shame that we’re still, the family is still mourning, they still haven’t found the killer, and there's an individual who has a tangential tie to the family and is trying to profit from this whole situation.”

The money was raised during a fundraiser put on by Box Hill Pizzeria on November 24th. A flyer advertising the fundraiser noted that a significant percentage of all sales would be used to “provide some comfort during this holiday season."

Rebekah Morin shared the flyer to social media, with a caption that read in part, “Goal is to raise enough to give Rachel’s five children as good Christmas as they can have without their mother who always worked extra hard around the holidays to give them a magical Christmas.”

But instead of buying gifts, “We weren’t involved in the beginning process of that, so, I couldn’t tell you why, the purpose of it. I knew it was a fundraiser and Box Hill contacted us and said, we've got the funds, we want to transfer it for the benefit of the kids, and then we said there's a trust, you can place it in that trust,” said Rice.

“Box Hill never told you it was meant for Christmas gifts?” asked a FOX45 reporter.

“I couldn’t tell you what it was. I don’t, I don’t know. I had no idea what that was for. We talked to, we didn’t even talk to Box Hill, we talked to their accountant,” Rice responded.

This makes me sad - I’m sure Rachel would have wanted all of her children to benefit from the money.

The 18 year old could be the child most affected by this tragedy - she will know exactly what has happened and has probably researched it on the internet

I also don’t like Rice’s response it comes across as gaslighting the father - the father is not requesting money he is asking that his daughter can access the money raised (which at the time of donations said was to be shared with her).

This makes me sad - I’m sure Rachel would have wanted all of her children to benefit from the money.

The 18 year old could be the child most affected by this tragedy - she will know exactly what has happened and has probably researched it on the internet

I also don’t like Rice’s response it comes across as gaslighting the father - the father is not requesting money he is asking that his daughter can access the money raised (which at the time of donations said was to be shared with her).
Me too. I also don't like how Rice described him as an "individual with a tangential tie". He's the father of her child, for Pete's sake!

Is there not a SINGLE investigative reporter in the state of Maryland? Not a ONE reporter who will contact LE and ask about the progress being made in the investigation? Rachel's death was just a flash bang on the media radar? Or better yet, does LE still need the public's help to identify the guy in the LA video? Should the Sheriff himself give an update?

This is sad and shameful. The funds should be split 5 ways. What's wrong with people that they can't just do the right thing instead of being greedy.

Nancy Grace's January 19 podcast is about Rachel's case. She has several guests. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but here are the links to the audio and to the YouTube video.

What I would do would be put the money into educational funds for all 5 kids. They can't buy Xmas toys without the money? There are pretty decent educational funds that are tax-free. JMO.

This case is too quiet, imo.

"But now, WMAR 2 reports that investigators are following up a lead in Washington DC. Police aren’t calling the person a suspect, but the hope is this person can point them in the right direction."

I wonder if they are getting any leads from anywhere?

February 5, 2024

The reward increased on Monday for information that leads to the arrest of Rachel Morin’s killer.

Morin’s family attorney said Josh Thomas and Kendall Rae, Husband and wife of crime podcast “Mile Higher,” have donated $5,000 to the “Rachel Morin Reward Fund.” This increased the reward to $35,000.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allisonvsmith
Back