Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1691331108409.png

Harford County, MD – Police in Harford County are searching for a woman who disappeared on Saturday.

The Harford County Sheriff’s Office has identified the missing woman as Rachel Morin, a 37-year-old woman who was last seen on Saturday at approximately 6:00 PM.

Rachel was headed for a walk on the Ma and Pa Trail in Bel Air and has not been seen since.

Rachel is 5’2″ tall, weighing 107 pounds, with blonde hair and captivating blue eyes. At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing a blue or black tank top, a black sports bra, black spandex shorts, and gray sneakers.

Rachel’s car was recently discovered at the Williams Street entrance in Bel Air, heightening concerns for her safety and well-being.

If you have any information about Rachel’s whereabouts or have seen her since her disappearance, please immediately contact Detective Golden at (410) 836-5430. Your cooperation and any information you can provide are crucial in helping to locate Rachel and ensure her safe return.

For those planning to walk the Ma and Pa Trail this morning, deputies ask you to remain vigilant and observant. If you encounter anything suspicious or potentially related to Rachel’s disappearance, do not hesitate to call 911 immediately.

Thread #1 Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been a member here for years and nothing has ever “hit home” for me. Until now…

I live down the street from the trail this happened on. I have walked that same trail countless times & live in very close proximity to Rachel. I have many friends who are with the Harford County Sheriffs Office (HCSO). We are a large community with a very small town feel & this violent tragedy has rocked our town. I hope that the HCSO will use outside resources if needed. With having the murderer on camera, a person clear as day close the door for this person, I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that if nothing else is known right now..we don’t even have a sketch of the suspect. Something just feels so wonky about this whole case.

I also just want to add that today when I was driving by the portion of the trail where she was found (there’s a road [Rt 24] that briefly runs parallel to the trail) I saw at least two women running alone. I am not saying that everyone should stop their routines but I have become increasingly aware of my surroundings (if that was even possible) & I just can’t imagine running that same trail, alone, with ear buds in knowing that the man is still out there. Makes me panic just thinking about it.

I agree, why no SKETCH of the suspect? LAPD needs to ask the man who walked the guy to the door to sit down with a sketch artist ASAP.

Please feel free to criticize me, but the hand closing the door was so tiny, and they said, a man…I wonder if there is a non-binary element to the whole situation?

And then I thought of the attacker. These days, people can look very different depending on what they take and how they style their hair. Edgar cut turning into long hair, losing weight, what else? I assume he is a man as they have DNA match, but who people saw on the trail, who they are searching for, might look very different from the dude on that video.

That's why getting a SKETCH artist to work with the male who walked him to the door ASAP vs. waiting any longer.
Shocked it's taking this long! Yes, I'm impatient because the other option is we all wait til he strikes again. Killing another woman?

The crazy thing is, I know HCSO has said they sent their investigators out to LA & they talked directly to the person who shut the door. Even if they didn’t have a sketch artist there to get the details for a sketch…they HAD to have asked more questions about this physical appearance. Yet, nothing more has been released to the public.

I would be SHOCKED if the suspect is still in the area of Belair or even Maryland at this point. So the limited information that was given out…do they really think that is going to reach the masses??

Thinking of cases like the Delphi murders where there was a sketch out immediately & I feel like the whole country was familiar with those sketches very early on.

I fear this case is heading cold. I totally understand that if they don’t have the information, then they just don’t have the information. I also understand holding this close to the best for the integrity of trials etc but this is bizarre!

The crazy thing is, I know HCSO has said they sent their investigators out to LA & they talked directly to the person who shut the door. Even if they didn’t have a sketch artist there to get the details for a sketch…they HAD to have asked more questions about this physical appearance. Yet, nothing more has been released to the public.

I would be SHOCKED if the suspect is still in the area of Belair or even Maryland at this point. So the limited information that was given out…do they really think that is going to reach the masses??

Thinking of cases like the Delphi murders where there was a sketch out immediately & I feel like the whole country was familiar with those sketches very early on.

I fear this case is heading cold. I totally understand that if they don’t have the information, then they just don’t have the information. I also understand holding this close to the best for the integrity of trials etc but this is bizarre!

I think it's still too son to be a COLD CASE but I am SHOCKED still no SKETCH.
People cannot look for him if they have ZERO clue what he looks like straight on. So far he looks millions of people in the USA.
Time is of the essence so why such a long wait to release a SKETCH? Did the family REFUSE to talk to investigators? Do they have to get a warrant to even ask them?

That's why getting a SKETCH artist to work with the male who walked him to the door ASAP vs. waiting any longer.
Shocked it's taking this long! Yes, I'm impatient because the other option is we all wait til he strikes again. Killing another woman?

Remember they said he might turn into a SK? I wonder if they compared elements of several attacks, and know he is a SK? Such information might cause anxiety and then, of course, since he operates in several states, everyone will be sending tips about every youngish Hispanic-looking male in the neighborhood. It will be a disaster.

I think that they know his name, looks and everything else. They may not know where he is. It is a matter of time.

West Virginia and Maryland are pretty close.. just saw this on local news.

No access, but I found another source. The man doesn't look as if it couldn't be him re Rachel. Skin tone a bit light, but who knows. Ties to Guatemala after all.
With his ears I don't see anything wrong or uneven. (I think, the man in the video (at the door) doesn't have a cauliflower ear on his right side, although it looked like such first, while the pics were moving.)

Last edited:
Remember they said he might turn into a SK? I wonder if they compared elements of several attacks, and know he is a SK? Such information might cause anxiety and then, of course, since he operates in several states, everyone will be sending tips about every youngish Hispanic-looking male in the neighborhood. It will be a disaster.

I think that they know his name, looks and everything else. They may not know where he is. It is a matter of time.

I think you are right. I hope you are right!

The reward for information leading to the arrest of Rachel Morin's killer increased to $30,000 on Monday.

The law firm that represents the Morin family said an anonymous woman from Bel Air contributed $10,000, which brought the total reward amount to $30,000.

The reward for information leading to the arrest of Rachel Morin's killer increased to $30,000 on Monday.

The law firm that represents the Morin family said an anonymous woman from Bel Air contributed $10,000, which brought the total reward amount to $30,000.

That's great news, although in cases I've followed rewards rarely help :(

Have there been any updates from LE recently?

I agree with the reward money!

& unfortunately no, nothing since about 3 weeks ago.

HCSO has been posting on their YouTube channel with their updates. Here is the latest video:

Some take aways from the sheriffs video:
- HCSO flew out investigators to CA.
- The person with the “infamous” arm in the video has been identified and spoken to. No connection made to the murder.
- The video is the only footage they have, no better view of suspects face.
- Sheriff Gahler strongly believes that this person is going to strike again.
- Trail where she was murdered is being patrolled by LE still until cameras are placed.

Yesterday Rachel’s sister in law as well as the family attorney & retired FBI joined the Surviving the Survivor podcast/YouTube channel. They discussed the case & where it is at the moment as well as the questions Family are asking as well…the biggest one…where is the sketch….

Regarding a sketch...this is my personal opinion only, I have no professional experience with this. With that caveat --

There are 3 reasons I'm not surprised there has not been a sketch released.

1) Having been the victim of a crime (robbery), where I had an up close look at the perpetrators' faces, I can tell you there is zero chance I could work with a sketch artist. I told the cops when they asked ten minutes after the crime happened that I couldn't recognize them. I could identify their race. I knew there was a height difference between the two men. I could probably estimate their heights to within like a 5" or 6" range (nevermind that one was right up against me -- my memory was that he was "short" but I wouldn't trust me to put a specific number on that). That's about it. I have a vague concept in my head of what they looked like, but wouldn't trust my ability to pick them out if a lineup and I would be useless to a sketch artist.

There are a variety of reasons for this. While I looked at them in the face from a few feet away (and was then mere inches away from one of them), the interaction was as brief as I could make it and, for multiple reasons, memorizing their faces was not my priority. It is very difficult to describe someone who you don't know well. This is also why eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable. Then you also have the effects of trauma. And in this particular case, the witnesses may have been minors.

2) Even the best sketches are imperfect, and imperfect sketches can undermine the value of the video. Someone could think they recognize the person in the video, but then dismiss it because the person they're thinking of doesn't look like the sketch. We'll never know if the sketches hindered the Delphi case, but I think it's fair to say they didn't help.

3) An imperfect sketch gives a defense attorney something to argue to create reasonable doubt.

I think the thing that frustrates me the most about this guy is that I have a strong feeling someone who lives at the Los Angeles residence where the minor was assaulted (or was in the house when the incident occurred) knows exactly who this person is but doesn't want to name them.

There's a high level of gang activity in that area. In the past two months alone, there have been 10 homicides, 16 rapes, 185 robberies, 318 aggravated assaults, 92 burglaries, 393 motor vehicle thefts, 168 thefts from a motor vehicle, 119 other thefts, 55 shots fired, and 35 shooting victims (according to statistics reported by this precinct). https://lapdonlinestrgeacc.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/lapdonlinemedia/sstprof.pdf

There's a reason Rachel's poster says the suspect is "believed to have ties to the Los Angeles area". If the suspect has ties to any of the gangs that operate within this neighborhood, those who know his identity may fear retaliation if they give up his name -- not just from the suspect himself but also his associates. It makes for an almost impossible situation.

I hope I'm wrong.

Regarding a sketch...this is my personal opinion only, I have no professional experience with this. With that caveat --

1) Having been the victim of a crime (robbery), where I had an up close look at the perpetrators' faces, I can tell you there is zero chance I could work with a sketch artist. I told the cops when they asked ten minutes after the crime happened that I couldn't recognize them. I could identify their race. I knew there was a height difference between the two men. I could probably estimate their heights to within like a 5" or 6" range (nevermind that one was right up against me -- my memory was that he was "short" but I wouldn't trust me to put a specific number on that). That's about it. I have a vague concept in my head of what they looked like, but wouldn't trust my ability to pick them out if a lineup and I would be useless to a sketch artist.

There are a variety of reasons for this. While I looked at them in the face from a few feet away (and was then mere inches away from one of them), the interaction was as brief as I could make it and, for multiple reasons, memorizing their faces was not my priority. It is very difficult to describe someone who you don't know well. This is also why eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable. Then you also have the effects of trauma. And in this particular case, the witnesses may have been minors.

2) Even the best sketches are imperfect, and imperfect sketches can undermine the value of the video. Someone could think they recognize the person in the video, but then dismiss it because the person they're thinking of doesn't look like the sketch. We'll never know if the sketches hindered the Delphi case, but I think it's fair to say they didn't help.

3) An imperfect sketch gives a defense attorney something to argue to create reasonable doubt.
This post makes the most sense of any I’ve read regarding the reasons a sketch may be a liability to the case, thank you!!

Great points, thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckers861
Back