MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they did, he has family close. Would he have answered the door for them? I keep thinking about his first accounts in which his lawyer stated that he left a couple times or a few times briefly??
He was "at home sporatically" were the words JW's lawyer used in a NewsNation interview with Dan Abrams. IIRC his lawyer has since backpedaled on that and said he meant was out of his bedroom on and off over the two days. Who knows what to believe anymore?

No one called. I assume no one had his cell number.
The fiance texted in FB messenger. #5 sent one FB messenger on Tues.
I have to open the FB app to see the messages. I never open, so many have spam attached.
Yes, a phone call would have quickly alert JW something was wrong.
Moo
Where have you seen that no one called? JW's lawyer?

Thanks @Chypre for mentioning it. Made me go watch it.

Thanks, @Forest_Wood for filling in the missing parts for me. I didn't catch that tail end. I want to catch up on the video interviews. Still, I can't shake feeling confused by all the different accounts.

I do think his mother conveyed the limbo state they're all in not having definite answers yet. MOO, she said they weren't "drug addicts" and I'm glad she managed to convey what she meant by that-- that wasn't their type of daily life style. Some family members seem worried about that term. To me, if occasional drug users than that term "addict" does not apply.

(IMO, the term "addict" means you are compelled and strung out on something you have to do continuously, maybe lie, go against your own morals to keep doing whatever, maybe even steal to keep doing whatever is your addiction. That is not the occasional drug user.)

She, and we, do not know if it was drugs. I think the Mom managed to keep an open mind that it may still turn out to be a toxic drug. Yet, she still needed to include none of the three guys could afford to buy any drugs, which implies maybe someone gave / supplied them with the drugs. I do feel the family members need to find someone to blame at this stage of their grieving, and I understand. If it were my loved one, I'd want to know who supplied that deadly drug. She says everyday is different and they feel lost. Prayers for them all.

I didn't catch the part where she said #5 left & everything was fine. Is she feeling he couldn't possibly be the supplier? While JW keeps getting the finger pointing and may also be an uninvolved bystander. MOO, I don't know if anyone did anything on purpose to harm the three men.

If they were supplied a deadly toxic laced-drug unknowingly by the supplier, then I hope it wasn't a close friend that will have to live with that horrible memory & guilt. I do get the feeling the families will push to find out who the supplier was and push for
an arrest. Can't blame them-- three young, vital men died.

All MOO and my own thoughts. Sorry, it's such a long post.

That's not the same video. I haven't watched that one. I can't link it for you right now but it's a previous video from the other day with Banfield.

This Fentanyl crisis scares the hell out of me everytime I read about it. I was prescribed the Fentanyl (Duragesic) 75 mg patches for 18 months after back surgeries for several spinal compression fractures many years ago. I remember feeling spacey and very high but not anything like has been in the news regarding so many deaths. The only time I became afraid was when I began using a heating pad on my back. The heat intensified the effect from the patches and I began hallucinating. I called my doctor and he said I’d made a big mistake, he also told me not to get in a hot tub and to take short hot showers while using the patches. I wanted off of them and he had to give me methadone to withdraw. Fentanyl is a horribly horribly dangerous drug.

Where have you seen that no one called? JW's lawyer?
The fiance said, she sent FB messenger and #5 did the same on Tues, through his attorney.

Not one family member has publicly stated they called JW. They have not stated why the men were not reported missing Sun-Tues night. A missing person report for three individual would certainly warrant investigation. Missouri has no waiting period to report a missing person. I posted earlier in thread.

JWs home was searched, phone turned over and interviewed at the police station, all without an attorney.

JWs attorney confirmed the message from #5 and the fiance and that JW had not used his phone and did not see the messages.

FB messages do not show up in my feed. I have my account set to friends only, so I never see those that are not friends.
Moo

The fiance said, she sent FB messenger and #5 did the same on Tues, through his attorney.

Not one family member has publicly stated they called JW. They have not stated why the men were not reported missing Sun-Tues night. A missing person report for three individual would certainly warrant investigation. Missouri has no waiting period to report a missing person. I posted earlier in thread.

JWs home was searched, phone turned over and interviewed at the police station, all without an attorney.

JWs attorney confirmed the message from #5 and the fiance and that JW had not used his phone and did not see the messages.

FB messages do not show up in my feed. I have my account set to friends only, so I never see those that are not friends.
Moo
Thanks Simply Southern for the info. I could have sworn I'd seen an article that mentioned texts and calls as well as Facebook messages. I don't have a Facebook so I don't know how that works with messages. I'll try and find what I thought I read about the calls.

If it was fentanyl poisoning, there would be no distress. Just sudden passing out. Probably all about about the same time.
So three men, all took fentanyl and all died on the back porch, at the same time? If they left out the front door, and I am assuming they did, IDK, they decided to all go to the back door to .... what? And the other two didn't do fentanyl because they are alive to tell the story. Was there snow outside on the ground, is there maybe tracks to see where they went out and went to the back porch? Like I said, it will be interesting to see the tox reports. And did these guys all walk to the house? Did they have a car to get into when they left? Or did they all just walk out the front, go to the back and die? I am not asking you personally these questions, I am just thinking out loud about and how this happened. I have a back porch, I would see 3 dead men on it if that happened.

So three men, all took fentanyl and all died on the back porch, at the same time? If they left out the front door, and I am assuming they did, IDK, they decided to all go to the back door to .... what? And the other two didn't do fentanyl because they are alive to tell the story. Was there snow outside on the ground, is there maybe tracks to see where they went out and went to the back porch? Like I said, it will be interesting to see the tox reports. And did these guys all walk to the house? Did they have a car to get into when they left? Or did they all just walk out the front, go to the back and die? I am not asking you personally these questions, I am just thinking out loud about and how this happened. I have a back porch, I would see 3 dead men on it if that happened.
Yes, we need answers.

I always assumed they were out in back doing drugs, and JW didn’t want to admit that.

I agree.
That is why I purposely said glass and shorts, not boxers and wine glasses.
But even if it was specifically boxers and a wine glass?
If he had absolutely no idea what happened, what was wrong with him answering the door in boxers, holding a wine glass?
It's not really sensational when you imagine he's a single guy working from home.
The police did not arrive til 9pm. A glass of wine is not abnormal for that time of night. Moo

If all four had taken the same substance but JW went to bed whilst the others went outside (for a cigarette before leaving for example) and all passed out, could that explain while he was pretty much uncontactable for the next day or so? He had the benefit of warmth and when he came round would have access to food and water, hence surviving. But they passed out outside in the cold, eventually leading to hypothermia, or just had more of the substance in question, leading to their deaths without hypothermia being involved

If all four had taken the same substance but JW went to bed whilst the others went outside (for a cigarette before leaving for example) and all passed out, could that explain while he was pretty much uncontactable for the next day or so? He had the benefit of warmth and when he came round would have access to food and water, hence surviving. But they passed out outside in the cold, eventually leading to hypothermia, or just had more of the substance in question, leading to their deaths without hypothermia being involved
It’s possible. But there are plenty of cases where people passed out and died from fentanyl inside a warm house. Either JW did not partake, and may have been drunk and hungover, or he had a much smaller dose.

They were not all found on the back porch. Only 1 man was. The other 2 men were farther out in the fairly large yard. So I doubt the all 3 died on the porch. The pictures of the house show the blinds were drawn on the back of the house (not unusual in winter IMO) so it's not clear how one would have easily seen the porch and/or yard from inside the house. And we don't know what the men took, if anything (but a substance containing fentanyl is a good guess IMO.) We also don't know they all died at the same time.

We know at least two of the men had vehicles that were parked on the street close by. I do not know which of the 3 men did not have a vehicle. Maybe somebody else here does? I don't believe there is any evidence that any of them walked to the gathering though nor have I seen a family member say that.
MOO

I have family members who like having a fan on year-round because they like the air movement. There's nothing unusual about that to me.

If he claims he didn't receive the texts, rather than simply not reading them, perhaps they were sent to the wrong number or there was some reason why they weren't delivered. I can't remember, has it been said he actually *received* the texts?

As for sleeping on the couch... why not? He lives alone and does a lot of work from home. He can do whatever he wants.
I sleep with a fan Year-round for white noise. In the winter I put a towel over it so it doesn’t blow around the room. So the fan never struck me as odd!

Never taken it, but I can't imagine stepping outside in winter to take cocaine. Three reasons.

One - any stiff breeze would blow away your product.

Two - I don't know about anyone else, but I go from a hot house to freezing cold outdoors, and half the time, my nose starts running like a tap. Who wants all their coke to end up in their handkerchief?

Three - Where are you going to cut and sniff it from? The doorstep?

Tl;dr, there's reasons people take coke from countertops and glass tables INDOORS.

MOO
I can't imagine that being their first choice either -- but maybe it was a spur-of-the-moment decision and they couldn't get back inside? Maybe they did it in the car and then tried to get back inside for help once they started feeling "off"? Back in my wayward youth, I definitely saw people do coke off of car keys, so that would be the route I'd imagine they'd take in this scenario; you don't need a countertop or a mirror. It just doesn't make sense to me that they'd want to do downers with a drive home ahead of them. But yeah, I truly have no idea because really nothing about this makes sense. The only thing I feel reasonably sure of is that these were accidental deaths, and while I'm not convinced that JW knew NOTHING, I AM pretty convinced that he didn't CAUSE these deaths in any sort of intentional way.

Thanks @Chypre for mentioning it. Made me go watch it.

Thanks, @Forest_Wood for filling in the missing parts for me. I didn't catch that tail end. I want to catch up on the video interviews. Still, I can't shake feeling confused by all the different accounts.

I do think his mother conveyed the limbo state they're all in not having definite answers yet. MOO, she said they weren't "drug addicts" and I'm glad she managed to convey what she meant by that-- that wasn't their type of daily life style. Some family members seem worried about that term. To me, if occasional drug users than that term "addict" does not apply.

(IMO, the term "addict" means you are compelled and strung out on something you have to do continuously, maybe lie, go against your own morals to keep doing whatever, maybe even steal to keep doing whatever is your addiction. That is not the occasional drug user.)

She, and we, do not know if it was drugs. I think the Mom managed to keep an open mind that it may still turn out to be a toxic drug. Yet, she still needed to include none of the three guys could afford to buy any drugs, which implies maybe someone gave / supplied them with the drugs. I do feel the family members need to find someone to blame at this stage of their grieving, and I understand. If it were my loved one, I'd want to know who supplied that deadly drug. She says everyday is different and they feel lost. Prayers for them all.

I didn't catch the part where she said #5 left & everything was fine. Is she feeling he couldn't possibly be the supplier? While JW keeps getting the finger pointing and may also be an uninvolved bystander. MOO, I don't know if anyone did anything on purpose to harm the three men.

If they were supplied a deadly toxic laced-drug unknowingly by the supplier, then I hope it wasn't a close friend that will have to live with that horrible memory & guilt. I do get the feeling the families will push to find out who the supplier was and push for
an arrest. Can't blame them-- three young, vital men died.

All MOO and my own thoughts. Sorry, it's such a long post.

@Curious Me here is the link that I watched Banfield If it doesn't link properly it's titled Families frustrated by lack of answers

I also definitely don't think they willingly took fentanyl if that's what this turns out to be. I think they were trying to do something else (cocaine or maybe even meth? some sort of counterfeit stimulant pills?) and unfortunately ended up with an adulterated product. (Not that cocaine, meth, or pills are a safe choice on their own, but it's when it's cut with fentanyl that you're going to see the simultaneous mass deaths.) I also don't think they were habitual users; I think they were having a big night, partying, and did something they only occasionally do with disastrous consequences. This is happening more or more, and it's devastating. I work with teenagers, and I worry constantly about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherriS