TX TX - Houston, *GRAPHIC*, suicide, Wht/Hsp Male, 13-19, UP87935, found dead in bus, Jan'22

ive thought this in the past about potential id's... and ive been wrong. its never "unequivocal".
The likeness is excellent. The shape of the ears matches.

The likeness and ears in combination with matching moles and scars and other little marks makes this the surest I've been about an ID without a confirmation from LE.

That doesn't mean I can't be wrong, just means it all adds up to me thinking it's more likely this is our John Doe than not.

MOO

ive thought this in the past about potential id's... and ive been wrong. its never "unequivocal".
Undoubtedly unequivocal, the guy in the mugshot and the autopsy photo both have a crater on their forehead; both of their eyes exhibit a consistent palpebral fissure tilt & with one eye slightly higher than the other. Their noses are the same, matching eyebrow tilt, lips of the same size, and a general facial resemblance.

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpeg
    IMG_0389.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0391.jpeg
    IMG_0391.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 72
The likeness is excellent. The shape of the ears matches.

The likeness and ears in combination with matching moles and scars and other little marks makes this the surest I've been about an ID without a confirmation from LE.

That doesn't mean I can't be wrong, just means it all adds up to me thinking it's more likely this is our John Doe than not.

MOO
agreed! im 99.9% sure. i just think its good to have some hubris and reserve my excitement until things are confirmed; i was 95% confident about marcelino and he was ruled out quick, so i dont want to get burned again ;))

Yes, I've also had the experience of an absolutely positive for certain identification that turned out to be mistaken.

Further, confirming an identification can be a painfully slow process. Just locating next of kin can be a challenge, then getting DNA, getting it processed, etc. These days LE almost never announces a match without confirming it through DNA.

Agree about getting excited only for it to be someone else, however this is exceptional, IMO.

Fantastic find, facial recognition is showing at at almost 90 percent between the two, I've never seen one so high in years!. I wonder if it's taking long because it might not be his actual name, especially as it was a mug shot?

Good point. Even if it is a match, they might not be any wiser if he's using an alias or gave a false name.

Undoubtedly unequivocal, the guy in the mugshot and the autopsy photo both have a crater on their forehead; both of their eyes exhibit a consistent palpebral fissure tilt & with one eye slightly higher than the other. Their noses are the same, matching eyebrow tilt, lips of the same size, and a general facial resemblance.
In addition, the young men/man in both photos have the same moles immediately above their left eyebrows. They also have the same hyperpigmented spots beside their left eyes and on the left side of their chins, the same columella (skin between the nostrils) that hangs slightly below their nostrils, slightly asymmetric under-eye bags, and their eyebrow hairs "gather" in the same spot/s. The lighting in the mugshot isn't great for seeing the pigmentation on the right side of the subject's face, but I'd bet there is more on there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CriminalPineapple
Back