TX TX - Houston, *GRAPHIC*, suicide, Wht/Hsp Male, 13-19, UP87935, found dead in bus, Jan'22

If the person he is being compared to is alive, there will not be any notification. There is no indication that the arrested person is missing.....Just because someone looks just like someone doesn't mean that person is that person and it certainly doesn't mean that person is dead.

Last edited:
If the person he is being compared to is alive, there will not be any notification. There is no indication that the arrested person is missing.....Just because someone looks just like someone doesn't mean that person is that person and it certainly doesn't mean that person is dead.
I agree, although IMO, I do think it is a slim chance that the person that looks JUST like the IUD happened to be arrested very close to where the body was found. Possible but unlikely IMO.

MOO

The distance is about 60 miles.

Yes, I've always thought they were arrested while in a car or walking since I was not able to find the exact address.
I was thinking it was 40-60 miles. I flew into Houston and drove to Galveston to stay, so I was aware of the distance. I still think both being in this same Metro area means there is a much higher chance it's the same person. Although, I could very well be wrong and we won't know until it is confirmed, if it ever is. But I'd still be shocked. Hopefully we will find out soon. ALL MOO of course. :)

I opened a p3 tip during the summer when I found the match, I submitted it to Houston crime stoppers then they switched over to Galveston crime stoppers since the mugshot was taken in Galveston.
Did you ask if it matched our UID in NAMUS?

I believe the Medical Examiner in Harris County would be the contact
There is a regional email contact in NAMUS. There is also a phone number for the Medical Examiner and case number.

Last edited:
Did you ask if it matched our UID in NAMUS?

I believe the Medical Examiner in Harris County would be the contact
There is a regional email contact in NAMUS. There is also a phone number for the Medical Examiner and case number.
Can someone here do this, please? I'm not in the US.

Can someone here do this, please? I'm not in the US.
On June 23, 2023 I sent an email to Jessica Ruiz (Listed as the contact on NAMUS) and I cc'd hpd.communityaffairs@houstonpolice.org as well, with the tip on who we think this may be, the link to the arrest, and also the link to the NAMUS profile. I got an email from Jessica Ruiz (or maybe it was an auto reply) it said:

Thank you for your submission, we appreciate your time and support. NamUs staff will review the submitted information for possible comparison.

Identifications and exclusions are only made and/or confirmed by investigating agencies.  The results of comparisons may or may not be made available to the public for investigatory reasons.

Thank you

I wrote today again to ask for an update. I'll let you all know if I hear anything back.

MOO

On June 23, 2023 I sent an email to Jessica Ruiz (Listed as the contact on NAMUS) and I cc'd hpd.communityaffairs@houstonpolice.org as well, with the tip on who we think this may be, the link to the arrest, and also the link to the NAMUS profile. I got an email from Jessica Ruiz (or maybe it was an auto reply) it said:

Thank you for your submission, we appreciate your time and support. NamUs staff will review the submitted information for possible comparison.

Identifications and exclusions are only made and/or confirmed by investigating agencies.  The results of comparisons may or may not be made available to the public for investigatory reasons.

Thank you

I wrote today again to ask for an update. I'll let you all know if I hear anything back.

MOO
Thank You!

I don't know if CrimeStoppers would be of much help in a suicide case, but who knows?
By forwarding everything to Galveston, it almost sounded like they were investigating poor Alejandro himself.
(You know that kid you arrested for almost nothing, but didn't arrest?)

I opened a p3 tip during the summer when I found the match, I submitted it to Houston crime stoppers then they switched over to Galveston crime stoppers since the mugshot was taken in Galveston.
It sounds like they are investigating the arrest of Alejandro instead of the UID.

You might get a FOIA regarding his "Municipal Hold". Just my opinion.

We might find out that he was loitering or something unexciting.

I doubt if they had Alejandro's DNA. They would likely have some stuff like his address, maybe they have his fingerprints etc which they easily could have shared with Harris County, but I don't see why the case was sent to Galveston.

Thank you

MOO

So I got the following reply from Jessica:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. NamUs does not provide any case updates to the general public, identifications and exclusions are only made and/or confirmed by investigating agencies.  The results of comparisons may or may not be made available to the public for investigatory reasons.

Jessica

Thank you

MOO

So I got the following reply from Jessica:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. NamUs does not provide any case updates to the general public, identifications and exclusions are only made and/or confirmed by investigating agencies.  The results of comparisons may or may not be made available to the public for investigatory reasons.

Jessica
Thank you so much!

This MP is added to Namus. Could this MP be him?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

19 Years
5' 0" - 5' 1" (60 - 61 Inches)
Hispanic / Latino (most likely Guatemala)
Missing from Falfurrias, Texas September 2, 2021
Haid hair Black, straight, short.

Julian was last seen in the vicinity of the Falfurrias Border Patrol checkpoint probably on or near private ranchland.

View attachment 347065View attachment 347066

I've lost track of who's being discussed as a possible match and this message is to confirm that I did report this MP in June 2022 and received confirmation from TX region Namus that the info submitted was forwarded to the appropriate people/agencies.

ETA: I received a similar response as reported by @Canadianmom2three

Last edited:
We have a rule out!! Hopefully, that means there is some traction on the case of our JD.

Missing Person / NamUs # MP90997
Marcelino Mendez Perez
Male, Hispanic / Latino

View attachment 398293
Can you remind me how we know he was ruled out (other than our Doe is still on Namus as missing). Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
becebooboo
Back