MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently JW’s dogs were staying with his father that night (or weekend, not sure of exact timeline). Confused as to why JW’s father wouldn’t try and contact his son after days of not hearing from him unless the dogs were planned to be with him for an extended period of time? I would imagine he would want JW to take his dogs back if he was only looking after them while his son was hanging with his friends on game night?

Very weird and confusing case.
It could be a "SSDD" type of thing. His dad may be used to him not following through, being late or not showing up at all, etc... and just figured "Oh, we're doing this again". Addicts follow their own schedule, such as it is, and it usually doesn't mesh well with the schedules of others.
I'm glad the dogs weren't there. It's a small positive out of this whole strange case.
IMO and personal experience.

He's only been there since the summer so it's quite likely he has at least a year's lease. He would still be required to pay monthly rent until the landlord can rent it out. For the sake of avoiding numerous looky-loos perusing the property and disrupting the neighbours, the landlord might waive the lease agreement but wouldn't be obligated to.
I suppose it's possible that Willis wrote a check for the remainder of his lease and made sure that his check,keys, and a letter to his landlord were delivered immediately either by next day certified mail or by his attorney or other representative and that he indicated that he would not be renewing his lease and that as of the date of the letter the property was being returned to the owner and that he had no claims against it, even though rent paid to end of lease. Or it could have been three months rent he paid to terminate the lease, that is often the norm if a person breaks their lease. Regardless of the terms of the lease, I am sure that Willis paid up and did what he had to do to make sure that he was free and clear of all requirements related to the lease and property.

JMO.

"Jordan is the chemist. They all knew him as that. It was easy for them to go have fun, but he *advertiser censored**ed up. He made a mistake."Caleb McGeeney, cousin to Clayton McGeeney, one of the #KansasCity3, told me he thinks the men ingested a bad batch of drugs. He says Jordan Willis has made and supplied drugs to friends since high school. Here is part of my conversation with Caleb today.Note: These are allegations. Jordan Willis has denied any wrongdoing. As of now, the police are not investigating this as a homicide. #KansasCity

@alcaprari23

"Jordan is the chemist. They all knew him as that. It was easy for them to go have fun, but he *advertiser censored**ed up. He made a mistake."Caleb McGeeney, cousin to Clayton McGeeney, one of the #KansasCity3, told me he thinks the men ingested a bad batch of drugs. He says Jordan Willis has made and supplied drugs to friends since high school. Here is part of my conversation with Caleb today.Note: These are allegations. Jordan Willis has denied any wrongdoing. As of now, the police are not investigating this as a homicide.

One I see is that this gathering will include some key witnesses (whose stories may not entirely jibe)....
snipped for focus @10ofRods Thanks for your post.

Oh, had not thought about witnesses possibly being there.
I'm curious.
Witnesses such as?
And describing what?

Apparently JW’s dogs were staying with his father that night (or weekend, not sure of exact timeline). Confused as to why JW’s father wouldn’t try and contact his son after days of not hearing from him unless the dogs were planned to be with him for an extended period of time? I would imagine he would want JW to take his dogs back if he was only looking after them while his son was hanging with his friends on game night?

Very weird and confusing case.
I believe we have read earlier on this thread that the dogs were more or less service/comfort dogs to the ailing father.

That suggests that the dogs spend a considerable portion of time with the father. So we don't know whether the father was expecting them to return to JW anytime soon. And, given Alzheimers, the father might not even be carefully or accurately tracking the passage of time or the dogs' schedules.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — More than three weeks after three bodies were found outside a Northland home in Kansas City, the families of those men met with the Platte County prosecutor.

It all comes the same day that, according to a family member, the man who lived in the home checked into rehab to “face his addiction head on.”

The families of all three men found dead were represented in Wednesday’s meeting.

Updated: JAN 31, 2024 / 06:41 PM CST

I'm late getting here. I need to process this news.

A Missouri man who claimed to have fallen asleep after a party to celebrate a Kansas City Chiefs win while his friends froze to death in his backyard, has reportedly checked into rehab.

Jordan Willis, 38, is “facing his addiction head-on,” a source close to the family told Fox News Digital, calling the deaths of his friends an “enormous wakeup call.”

[...]

However, in a statement shared with Fox News Digital, the family source said: “After the shocking loss of three of his close friends under extremely tragic circumstances, Jordan recognized that he had a problem with addiction.

“He immediately checked himself into rehab after vacating his home and putting his things into storage.”

Other news articles:

"Good Samaritan" Laws.
IF these deaths are drug related, there won’t be anyone charged with drug-induced homicide. Missouri is only one of maybe 15 states that doesn’t currently have such a law.

There’s a map that shows which states currently have drug-induced homicide laws (which includes murder, manslaughter, reckless homicide, and classified felony charges) on Page 14 at the following link. Page 15 shows which states currently have drug-induced homicide legislation pending. (Although, I know the pending legislation in California, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Florida has already been approved and signed into law. Possibly Oregon, as well.)

@cujenn81
Thanks for ^ info and esp'ly for link to the legislative round up of various states' statutes on the topic.
Off to read.

ETA: Fixed the link, which I had somehow mangled. Here again.

Last edited:
@alcaprari23

"Jordan is the chemist. They all knew him as that. It was easy for them to go have fun, but he *advertiser censored**ed up. He made a mistake."Caleb McGeeney, cousin to Clayton McGeeney, one of the #KansasCity3, told me he thinks the men ingested a bad batch of drugs. He says Jordan Willis has made and supplied drugs to friends since high school. Here is part of my conversation with Caleb today.Note: These are allegations. Jordan Willis has denied any wrongdoing. As of now, the police are not investigating this as a homicide.

Breaking Bad - Good ole JW is in a heap o' trouble now.

@alcaprari23

So for twenty years or so, according to Caleb McGeeney, JW has been the friendly local drug dealer, not only to the three deceased but, apparently, he's been the CEO of his own drug dispensing firm, attuned to his all his school mates problems and medicinal needs. Making a list of their requirements, buying all the ingredients and magically hiding a lab from his parents, his employers and his professors, to provide a plethora of drugs to all and sundry. And yet, his name never comes up when looking for criminal convictions for drug possession, drug dealing, having drug paraphernalia on his person, etc. And if all these individuals are now so eager to throw JW under the bus, if he's been doing it since high school, why now? Why blow the whistle now? Because if an esteemed scientist, who is internationally known, with bona fides as long as your arm, can be responsible for creating fatal drugs then surely, somewhere, there's more victims. When he was just a teenager, an amateur creating drugs in high school, why are there no other victims? You would think with a twenty year plus career of procuring, making and distributing illegal drugs to his friends and schoolmates there's be at least one other individual who has fallen victim to his product. So who's complicit?

This news article has even more info. I did not expect this revelation-- JW going to rehab changes everything in my mind, and hearing that he may have been the hs chemist supplier like that cousin of Clayton said in the video interview posted below.

I'm stunned that there's much more connections to drugs than was hinted. One of the three dead had an active pharmacist license which was issued last year and set to expire at the end of May 2024. Another one was arrested back in Colorado in 2011 for possession of a Schedule II controlled substance. Their families made it sound unlikely to be drug related. Prayers for them. What follows is the sad outcome of the three young men dead.

Posting this here for anyone catching up.

I've really struggled reconciling the families actions for the two days the men were missing with them also saying that they didn't use drugs. Unless the timeline is missing some serious information, the first texts inquiring of their whereabouts weren't until Tuesday morning and the first attempt to see if they were at their last known location was Tuesday night.

Other than people involved with drugs, I don't know anyone who would not report their family member missing when they were two days late returning home. Breaking into a home before asking for a welfare check and/or reporting them missing indicates that they did not want police involvement. JMO

Wow. Shocker. Four men got s***faced watching a football game. I think in some ways it's more perplexing to me that more men don't die through misadventure when alcohol and drugs play a role in celebrating ......fill in the blank. It's a tragedy when people lose family members from something that is so preventable.

The problem is it's a national pastime to show your support for your team by doing dumb stuff. Tailgate parties prior to a game means lots of fans are already wasted before they enter the stadium. You see guys at football games where the temperature is below zero and they have no shirt one with their bodies painted blue or whatever their team colour is. And they are always drunk and the camera loves picking out rabid fans like that. You can multiply that level of inebriation tenfold when someone is celebrating at home. Some people try it in a bar but if they get too unruly they get cut off and kicked out and left to fend for themselves. But they need to pee so their drunk self stands beside a water source like a pier, a river bank or a good fashioned ditch. They lose their balance and the next day, a hundred people have their face on a poster putting them all over town muttering about foul play. Because someone who is hurting and fearful, their first instinct is that someone else is responsible for their loved one's disappearance. You might be thinking what the hell does this have to do with Clayton, David and Ricky? Because it's similar insofar that the location is different and the missing have already been found dead but the circumstances surrounding their death has become so commonplace that the truths are being eked out in dribbles where family members are acknowledging not only alcohol may have played a role in their deaths but begrudgingly admit that they can't eliminate drugs out of the equation. The addendum to those statements is still not letting go of pointing a finger away from the deceased.

I admit that I'm surprised that JW has voluntarily entered rehab to deal with his addictions but I can't help feeling that it's a sham and that he's only doing it to level the playing field: that he was as wasted as his buddies but because he doesn't smoke, or was tired, or didn't need any fresh air, in true survivor guilt fashion he's atoning for being alive. IMO
The last paragraph really is a paradox; Damned if you do or damned if you don't. Surprised but very cynical. In my opinion, it puts people in a no win situation.

I think homeowner's insurance might have been a consideration for the home owner.

All MOO here-- I think it's more upsetting to realize JW must've been taking his own drugs that he made all along. (Or was he?) People go to rehab because they're strung out, but in this case JW probably also went to hide out knowing what's coming for him next.

JMO, maybe MO doesn't have the drug laws to prosecute him, but the families will find a way from seeing their stance.

Not sure how it'll go if the three victims have been partaking of JW's concoctions going back since h.s. Wondering if one of the victims may even been purchasing some of the supplies for JW to make the drugs. A bad batch from one of the supplies gathered. One victim had a pharmacy license and I have to ask-- Where did the supplies come from to make what may turn out to be a deadly batch? MOO, this is probably going to get complicated if it goes to trial.

@iluvmua, thanks for posting the article.

From the article:

We've uncovered that McGeeney had an active pharmacist license which was issued last year and set to expire at the end of May 2024.

While we don't know if he was working at any pharmacy in particular or practicing pharmacology in any way at the time of his death ... we do know the license would allow him to work as a pharmacy technician if he so desired.
But he worked construction, didn’t he? His cousin was on News Nation earlier talking about what a hard worker he was.
I’m sorry I have no link, it was in TV earlier.

ETA, here it is. Apologies if already posted, have been out for a few hours.

It could be a "SSDD" type of thing. His dad may be used to him not following through, being late or not showing up at all, etc... and just figured "Oh, we're doing this again". Addicts follow their own schedule, such as it is, and it usually doesn't mesh well with the schedules of others.
I'm glad the dogs weren't there. It's a small positive out of this whole strange case.
IMO and personal experience.

Lots of people follow their own schedules, without being addicts.

No way to know what his father was actually thinking. Addicts can be highly scheduled - many hold down jobs in the roughly 9-5 workplace world.

There is no evidence that "addicts follow their own schedules" or that their schedules don't meet well with others.

Many addicts, it's true, have no schedule at all - but none of the people in the story are without schedules. None of them.

IMO.

Wow. Shocker. Four men got s***faced watching a football game. I think in some ways it's more perplexing to me that more men don't die through misadventure when alcohol and drugs play a role in celebrating ......fill in the blank. It's a tragedy when people lose family members from something that is so preventable.

The problem is it's a national pastime to show your support for your team by doing dumb stuff. Tailgate parties prior to a game means lots of fans are already wasted before they enter the stadium. You see guys at football games where the temperature is below zero and they have no shirt one with their bodies painted blue or whatever their team colour is. And they are always drunk and the camera loves picking out rabid fans like that. You can multiply that level of inebriation tenfold when someone is celebrating at home. Some people try it in a bar but if they get too unruly they get cut off and kicked out and left to fend for themselves. But they need to pee so their drunk self stands beside a water source like a pier, a river bank or a good fashioned ditch. They lose their balance and the next day, a hundred people have their face on a poster putting them all over town muttering about foul play. Because someone who is hurting and fearful, their first instinct is that someone else is responsible for their loved one's disappearance. You might be thinking what the hell does this have to do with Clayton, David and Ricky? Because it's similar insofar that the location is different and the missing have already been found dead but the circumstances surrounding their death has become so commonplace that the truths are being eked out in dribbles where family members are acknowledging not only alcohol may have played a role in their deaths but begrudgingly admit that they can't eliminate drugs out of the equation. The addendum to those statements is still not letting go of pointing a finger away from the deceased.

I admit that I'm surprised that JW has voluntarily entered rehab to deal with his addictions but I can't help feeling that it's a sham and that he's only doing it to level the playing field: that he was as wasted as his buddies but because he doesn't smoke, or was tired, or didn't need any fresh air, in true survivor guilt fashion he's atoning for being alive. IMO
This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member