CA CA - Malibu John Doe, 20-30, UP15043, found with swiss francs in his pockets, Jan'86

I am going to answer to both of your posts in one, been pretty busy lately and I'm sorry to get back at you so late. I like the potential scenarios because they make sense regarding area/social backgrounds/etc

I am pretty sure his pouch never was found because his shirts and jacket were XL sized and would hide his waist and be long enough so it's not something you'd suspect.
The wallet could indeed be attached to the golden chain (it was golden metal but not actual gold), he could also have had an old school watch.. you mentionned a fanny pack and it could be a lead for where his passport must have been, as well as maybe some other valuables. Maybe he had some kind of small bag with wallet/camera/passport and this got robbed from him.

I also have another potential lead :
Been doing a bit of research on several subreddits and it appears that "Larri Jeans" which is a lame copy of "Lois Jeans" started their business in early 84 and were only licensed to export at the end of the same year. They stopped producing the jeans in 97 but it is possible that the export didn't have time to reach switzerland in 85. Therefore, the gentleman could be of spanish descent which could match his physique, the spanish/portuguese made clothes, and the biased investigation around potential swiss missing citizens in California. Also, it's easier to travel to California when you speak spanish. (Not everyone in Switzerland learns in english at school, there's a weird elitist system that wouldn't allow everyone to attend the same classes, depending on a some grades average).This could indicate a working class background especially if he came from a spanish family who were working class people in their majority here. He could be from a second generation of spanish migrants, for example.

But there's something that is bothering me. I have come accross 2 different cases of missing persons in or from Switzerland in the 80's.

One was Jean Python, and despite the rule out on namus, it seems his family never was contacted by the US authorities to verify if this Doe was Jean. Important : Jean Python has probably committed suicide in an artificial lake located near a hydroelectric dam with active turbines, which is probably the reason his body was never found.

The second and most disturbing case is the one of a swiss citizen of italian descent who vanished from New York in late 83. He was almost a matching profile. He was last seen in Los Angeles in may 1985 and his mother went to seek the LAPD's help. His mother searched for him until the day she died. I met with the man's sister and she told me the family never got contacted about that (which could mean he was ruled out without any need of the family's identification) But it wasn't in the folder at the archives anyways.

There is no trace of communication related to John Doe in the consular affairs folders at the swiss federal archives. If a connection had been made it would have to be there somewhere and I haven't found it.

I wonder how this whole investigation took place and what kind of international cooperation was put in motion, if there ever has been any.

NB : will check out the Lost Hills podcast ! Thanx !

I checked some missing persons sites (voluntary, FB) from Portugal and Spain. I came across family members looking for a long lost family member, biological dad f.i. Some of them went to Switzerland...last known address...Not the big hit yet...but that's why I was asking if you have knowledge of any Swizz sites where people are looking for a long lost family member.

I checked some missing persons sites (voluntary, FB) from Portugal and Spain. I came across family members looking for a long lost family member, biological dad f.i. Some of them went to Switzerland...last known address...Not the big hit yet...but that's why I was asking if you have knowledge of any Swizz sites where people are looking for a long lost family member.
There is no site that regroups cases. Some are published, some are not, it doesn't respond to any kind of logic and I think this is very unfortunate.
I am more hopeful that we will get support from the press or some national media to help us spread the word.

Could you send me those fb/other links ? I'd definitely take a closer a look at those sites.

There is no site that regroups cases. Some are published, some are not, it doesn't respond to any kind of logic and I think this is very unfortunate.
I am more hopeful that we will get support from the press or some national media to help us spread the word.

Could you send me those fb/other links ? I'd definitely take a closer a look at those sites.
Sorry...don't remember now....I will catch up.

If anyone wants to go through italian missing persons Chi l'ha Visto - Scomparsi
there isnt filtering option on this site so it might take a bit of time to go through all 111 pages.
We have gone through Chi l'ha Visto files, we haven't found a match. But I will go through the website again, since it's been a while I haven't done it.
Thank you !

If anyone wants to go through italian missing persons Chi l'ha Visto - Scomparsi
there isnt filtering option on this site so it might take a bit of time to go through all 111 pages.
Soooo... Chi l'ha Visto only released disappearances from 1997 to today (though I clearly remember having seen other cases, they might have "refreshed" it by taking out the old ones. Same thing for Spanish Missing people database. The Swiss don't have one. The oldest case in french files is dating back from 2004. Nothing prior as well.

Soooo... Chi l'ha Visto only released disappearances from 1997 to today (though I clearly remember having seen other cases, they might have "refreshed" it by taking out the old ones. Same thing for Spanish Missing people database. The Swiss don't have one. The oldest case in french files is dating back from 2004. Nothing prior as well.
No, the publication date starts from 1997, the dissapearances (“scomparza”) go way more back. See attatchment for an example (unrelated). I guess the site started in 1997.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.jpeg
    IMG_1584.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 7
No, the publication date starts from 1997, the dissapearances (“scomparza”) go way more back. See attatchment for an example (unrelated). I guess the site started in 1997.
Damn it's kinda hard navigating through them. The site structure doesn't help. Thanx for the details and explanation !

Damn it's kinda hard navigating through them. The site structure doesn't help. Thanx for the details and explanation !
You're very welcome!
I like that there's a site from the south of Europe that lists missing people & does, as the countries around Italy haven't got a list as thorough as this one. It could use an update to make it easier to search/read though.

But: there's at least 1 case on there that's been solved since +/- 10 years, with a decent amount of media coverage, that's STILL on there, 'unsolved'.

So i'm not that sure that everyone on there is still missing/unidentified.

The obstacle lies in the legislation relating to the protection of personality and respect for the private sphere.
Yes and no ; many cases are displayed but on different platforms of different police websites. A lot of cases have been disclosed to the public in newspapers but unless you hit the online archives to check them, they end up being forgotten for the most part. A lot of them are out here, but scattered. What I meant is that I wish they would've regrouped them somewhere.

I have a strange feeling about this one. When we all thought he was partying hard and probably ended up in the water because of that. The man wasn't wasted. I am really starting to think something real bad happened to him before dying and it wasn't just a simple accident.
We could also imagine that JD died suddenly of natural causes (cardiac arrest?) while walking alone on the beach at low tide.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back