CA CA - Malibu John Doe, 20-30, UP15043, found with swiss francs in his pockets, Jan'86

ABOUT THE PLASTIC BAG : “(...) It's a white plastic bag tied with some type of cloth band to this neck. I have no clue what it's been used for, (...)”
Maybe JD wanted to swim to shore (for example: from a boat) with something precious wrapped in this white plastic bag ?

It was a toss up to me whether he fell or jumped but now I'm in the jumped category because of what he had around his neck. I think he had a plastic bag with items in it that were important to him, like maybe a passport or some form of ID and maybe a change of clothing in that plastic bag. Since he couldn't put the handles around his neck he fashioned a necktie out of some fabric to keep it on his body so he wouldn't have to hang on to it while he swam to shore. He may have underestimated the water temperature and died of hypothermia which resulted in drowning.
This thesis appeals to me.

Very interesting....strange there is nothing about Jean-Nicholas (Nicolas?) on the internet if he is a missing person. At least I couldn't find anything. I would like to see picture of him.
Thanks to the Swiss website «scriptorium» I found an article published on June 12, 1978 in the Swiss daily «Le Matin» saying that “Mr. Jean-Nicolas Python, 22 years old, from Villars-sur-Glâne”, had suffered a serious fall on his motorbike the day before after hitting a dog and was transported to Fribourg hospital.

One option would be to contact the civil registry of the commune of Villars-sur-Glâne (canton of Fribourg) to obtain more information and possibly photographs of the person concerned.

Thanks to the Swiss website «scriptorium» I found an article published on June 12, 1978 in the Swiss daily «Le Matin» saying that “Mr. Jean-Nicolas Python, 22 years old, from Villars-sur-Glâne”, had suffered a serious fall on his motorbike the day before after hitting a dog and was transported to Fribourg hospital.

One option would be to contact the civil registry of the commune of Villars-sur-Glâne (canton of Fribourg) to obtain more information and possibly photographs of the person concerned.
<modsnip - rude> As your mention for piercings above the eyes. It was the eighties and those were extremely rare. Also the wounds are described as cuts ; not holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jean-Nicholas Python family reached out to me and this is definitely not him. He left a suicide note stating he was going to jump in a dam lake , with active turbines that would explain why his body was never found)

Here's his Doe network file 2233DMCHE - Jean Python
Such a suicide note is not in itself necessarily convincing. This may be a false trail left by someone who chose to disappear without leaving an address.

Autopsy says drowning. He was in perfect health besides that. No heart attack.
As we have seen, the autopsy report is very incomplete (“lacunaire” in french).
Heart attack should not be confused with cardiac arrest in the sense of sudden cardiac death. In the latter case, death may have been caused by extreme fear (e.g. being attacked by robbers) and does not reveal any malfunction at autopsy.

As we have seen, the autopsy report is very incomplete (“lacunaire” in french).
Heart attack should not be confused with cardiac arrest in the sense of sudden cardiac death. In the latter case, death may have been caused by extreme fear (e.g. being attacked by robbers) and does not reveal any malfunction at autopsy.
I don't think someone in good shape and in his 20's would die of fear. JMO. I also invite you to check on the autopsy report infos that have been previously posted. There are interesting points such as a piece of fabric tied "tightly around the neck"with a plastic bag attached to it.

I wonder how (...) what kind of international cooperation was put in motion, if there ever has been any.
For the US authorities to request international assistance, they would have had to suspect the commission of a crime. They appear to have ruled out this hypothesis, retaining only drowning by accident or suicide.

For the US authorities to request international assistance, they would have had to suspect the commission of a crime. They appear to have ruled out this hypothesis, retaining only drowning by accident or suicide.
They have not : the cause of drowning is officially unknown, case is being handled by the major crime unit in Ventura. At the federal archives, the folders involving the consular affairs office prove it. Dozens of cases of disappearances have been documented there.

After legit reading over maybe someone killed him idk how and hide his body under sand..ik its unlikey but maybe wind or something blew the sand off of him which lead him to be discovered Not sure i still have to read the other comments and the autospy but this is as far as i got really the thing that stuck out to me was the day he was discovered January 2nd which makes me believe he was dead janaury 1st o r decemeber 31st (not saying it was but like it could've been like a newyears day or eve kind of death) just checked..so either that or he was hidden there with sad water basically problaby had to rinse the sand off of him probalby in the morning of january 2nd of january 1st night which lead him to be discoverd (Im not sure what time they reported his body so)

Last edited:
Folks the link I posted for Gordon does in fact have a date after the doe was found but his family last spoke to him at Christmas. His favorite author was Swiss. He was suicidal and disappeared with his car.

Check out the nose!
there is a picture of the johndoe during the autospy not gonna lie they look similar but the face is just different?

Folks the link I posted for Gordon does in fact have a date after the doe was found but his family last spoke to him at Christmas. His favorite author was Swiss. He was suicidal and disappeared with his car.

Check out the nose!
Gordon had a bigger nose, freckles and brown-red-ish curly hair // Doe has a smaller nose ; dark straight hair and doesn’t seem to have freckles. Though weight loss is possible Doe seems to be a little less heavy than Gordon. Last thing : both have very specific ear shapes that don’t look alike to me.

Gordon had a bigger nose, freckles and brown-red-ish curly hair // Doe has a smaller nose ; dark straight hair and doesn’t seem to have freckles. Though weight loss is possible Doe seems to be a little less heavy than Gordon. Last thing : both have very specific ear shapes that don’t look alike to me.
so im really just curious like he was most likey burried in the sand why? it was near news years day Mostly (not always) alot of people come to the beach on newyears eve or news years day they would've been able to spot the body if it was noitcebale but i dont really have a time of when the body was reported and stuff

so im really just curious like he was most likey burried in the sand why? it was near news years day Mostly (not always) alot of people come to the beach on newyears eve or news years day they would've been able to spot the body if it was noitcebale but i dont really have a time of when the body was reported and stuff
<modsnip> He was not buried in the sand ; his body washed up on the beach. He might have spent between 2 to 6 days in the ocean prior to his discovery

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher
Back