NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 #15

Ed from the Unfound podcast interviews Julie Murray, Maura’s sister for a 2 parter

Interesting....have only watched part 1 so far but at the end, to me, it appears he was insinuating the car accident could've been staged. I guess with someone she knew picking her up and spiriting her away...

Interesting....have only watched part 1 so far but at the end, to me, it appears he was insinuating the car accident could've been staged. I guess with someone she knew picking her up and spiriting her away...

I didn’t watch it, but I believe that James Renner found the tandem driver theory more likely than his other theories. His theory goes back 10+ years - don’t know if he’s updated it.

the tandem driver theory is possible...for sure...but why did they choose such an odd spot ? why have it where people are seeing you from their houses and police are called? has to be an easier way than this? the timing has to be tricky too... mOO

the tandem driver theory is possible...for sure...but why did they choose such an odd spot ? why have it where people are seeing you from their houses and police are called? has to be an easier way than this? the timing has to be tricky too... mOO

Unless they weren't planning on crashing and the other person was behind Maura by a ways.

The tandem driver theory would explain why she has basically disappeared into thin air as her body would simply be in a completely different location from where they are looking.

In general for most unplanned deaths or murders the body normally isn't that far away from where the incident happened and you would think that if Maura hopped into a car with someone she didn't know they wouldn't have traveled too far before things went really south.

So her getting into a vehicle with someone she did know and traveling somewhere else before the incident happened would explain why there hasn't been a trace of her in almost twenty years now.

Have you read James Renner?

Has anyone watched the documentary on Peacock, "The Disappearance of Maura Murray". It is a six episode series by Maggie Freleng. I found it to be quite interesting as people were spoken to that we had not heard from before. I have followed Maura's case since watching her episode of the ID series "Disappeared" and have been quite curious as to what happened to her the night she disappeared.

I am only halfway through on episode three but I'm excited to see where this goes...

She did not go to any of those 3 houses and I found that peculiar but what I think is that since she had an accident in her father's car a weeks prior, and now she has another accident, she did not want to call her family---
I will say, I have had numerous accidents in cars my parents paid for. Did I ever want to call them, ABSOLUTELY NOT! However, they were my first call or text or if I was lucky enough to drive myself home; they were the first ones I woke up to tell.

My personal opinion, I cant imagine being somewhere I didn't know by myself and not call my parents! Even if they were not close and could not immediately come; I would call them and ask what to do.

But that's just me...

Regardless of the previous accident she had in her father's car; she could have gone to any of those nearby three houses and simply said, "My car broke down. Can I use your phone to call my family?" Police truly didn't have to be involved if she used the right wording. In hindsight though; if she was afraid of disappointing or upsetting her parents; she could have called one of her sisters. But if she didn't want anyone in her family to know where she was at, I understand her not wanting to call but that furthers my suspicion of why she was in that area in the first place.

I've always told at least my parents when I am leaving town, even if it's just for the weekend and I'm 33! And also, if she didn't want to call family; why not call a friend?

Could the bus driver have taken a secret to the grave? What if he did indeed pick her up and take her somewhere? He knew she had no cell service in that area and the response she had about calling Triple AAA was a lie.

What about the police car that someone said they saw and it being brought up that the specific patrol car number seen that night was not on duty and belonged to the Chief?

One earlier poster asked "What if she went to one of those three houses"? Tbh, what if she did and met a foul fate? But also, wouldn't we have found footprints in the snow of her walking in either of the three directions?

No body has ever been found. No clues leading LE or others to where she went after she crashed. She literally disappeared into thin air.

I don't know...so many questions in this case and unfortunately I feel this will never be solved.

I will say, I have had numerous accidents in cars my parents paid for. Did I ever want to call them, ABSOLUTELY NOT! However, they were my first call or text or if I was lucky enough to drive myself home; they were the first ones I woke up to tell.

My personal opinion, I cant imagine being somewhere I didn't know by myself and not call my parents! Even if they were not close and could not immediately come; I would call them and ask what to do.

But that's just me...

Regardless of the previous accident she had in her father's car; she could have gone to any of those nearby three houses and simply said, "My car broke down. Can I use your phone to call my family?" Police truly didn't have to be involved if she used the right wording. In hindsight though; if she was afraid of disappointing or upsetting her parents; she could have called one of her sisters. But if she didn't want anyone in her family to know where she was at, I understand her not wanting to call but that furthers my suspicion of why she was in that area in the first place.

I've always told at least my parents when I am leaving town, even if it's just for the weekend and I'm 33! And also, if she didn't want to call family; why not call a friend?

Could the bus driver have taken a secret to the grave? What if he did indeed pick her up and take her somewhere? He knew she had no cell service in that area and the response she had about calling Triple AAA was a lie.

What about the police car that someone said they saw and it being brought up that the specific patrol car number seen that night was not on duty and belonged to the Chief?

One earlier poster asked "What if she went to one of those three houses"? Tbh, what if she did and met a foul fate? But also, wouldn't we have found footprints in the snow of her walking in either of the three directions?

No body has ever been found. No clues leading LE or others to where she went after she crashed. She literally disappeared into thin air.

I don't know...so many questions in this case and unfortunately I feel this will never be solved.

Sadly, I believe this is one of those cases, that will most likely never be solved-- a forever mystery. So many theories, so many questions, but no good evidence for any of those theories---

Has anyone watched the documentary on Peacock, "The Disappearance of Maura Murray". It is a six episode series by Maggie Freleng. I found it to be quite interesting as people were spoken to that we had not heard from before. I have followed Maura's case since watching her episode of the ID series "Disappeared" and have been quite curious as to what happened to her the night she disappeared.

I am only halfway through on episode three but I'm excited to see where this goes...

It was ok. I did feel like it wasn't a very professional production though. In any case the series aired in 2017 so as you can probably tell nothing really came of their investigation.

But that's just me...

There are a lot of mysteries about Maura's life. We really don't even know who many of her friends at the college were. And I believe the few people that we do know about have never been very active in this case. We basically know the name of her pretty shady boyfriend and the names of a couple gals that she supposedly went to a party with one night. And that's it.

It really doesn't seem like her family even knew that much about her personal life and that is one of the problems surrounding this case is that not only are there a lot of unknowns about her disappearance but also her life in general.

There are a lot of mysteries about Maura's life. We really don't even know who many of her friends at the college were. And I believe the few people that we do know about have never been very active in this case. We basically know the name of her pretty shady boyfriend and the names of a couple gals that she supposedly went to a party with one night. And that's it.

It really doesn't seem like her family even knew that much about her personal life and that is one of the problems surrounding this case is that not only are there a lot of unknowns about her disappearance but also her life in general.
You made a very good and salient point!

INDYCOMP_US_MAURA_MURRAY_V3A.jpg

The story of Maura Murray’s mysterious disappearance has been told countless times in the two decades she’s been missing – but now, her sister is telling it in her own words.

In a new podcast Media Pressurelaunched on Monday, Julie Murray teams up with Sarah Turney, whose sister Alissa is also missing, to tell the untold story of Maura through the voices of those who knew her best

idk if anyone has mentioned this, im sure they have, but crashing twice in 2 days is suspicious to me, i have a friend whio had a self harming problem and one of the first ways we found out is because he purposley crashed into a tree and a guard rail a couple times and admitted it eventally that he was doing it on purpose. i agree with the theory that she wanted to hurt herself and one way may be drinkin and driving to take inhibition away to drive into something

wait is it true that some of the alcohol she was known to have bought was not actually found in the car ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back