FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty* #2

Shanna's mom makes me ill. She should be utterly ashamed of herself for keeping the children away from Jared's parents. She also seems to have no shame involved with supporting her awful daughter. JMHO

Thanks for posting this, was very interesting!

Other articles I have read previously seem to also indicate the marriage between JB and SG was a quickie but they made it seem like SG flaunted her easy life paid for by the parents and I always got the impression SG was not particularly career motivated so she wanted kids to keep momma happy. Not even sure I could find that article now, it was so long ago, so will just have to MOO>

The reports released Tuesday revealed that investigators locked onto Fernandez and Gardner from the start.

Police talked to Gardner the night of the murder and she admitted “the divorce was not amicable,” and they only communicated by text. Gardner said she “did not know if the victim had any issues with anyone which would lead to his death.”

Police not only had surveillance audio from neighbors, but they also obtained surveillance video of the ambush murder. The video showed the muzzle flashes and the shooter running off, the reports state.

The bond motion is expected to be argued at Wednesday’s status conference.

Updated: February 6, 2024 at 8:08 PM

Not sure there is any new information in either article, even though both were updated today:

Updated: 4:46 PM EST February 6, 2024

Wednesday, February 7th:
*Pretrial Hearing for both (@ 9am ET) – FL - Jared Galen Bridegan (33), father of 4 ambushed & killed (shot 4 times), his 2-year-old daughter was just feet away in the back seat, Jacksonville Beach, Feb. 16, 2022. – *Shanna Lee Gardner-Fernandez (36) indicted & arrested (8/17/23 by ATF agents in West Richland, Wash.), charged & arraigned (11/3/23) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, solicitation to commit a capital felony & child abuse. DA will seek the DP. Held without bail on Fugitive warrant (in Benton County, WA). Was extradited on 10/20/23 to Florida. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Trial set to begin on 4/13/24.
Judge London Kite. State attorney Christina Simak Stifler. Defense attorney Jose Angel Baez, lead counsel & attorney Patrick K. Korody.

Case & Court info from 8/18/23 to 11/15/23 reference post #268 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-feb-2022-3-arrests-1-guilty-2.689030/page-14

12/1/23 Update: Judge London M. Kite presiding. Present: Asst. State attorney Christina Simak Stifler, defendant attorney Jose Baez & defendant present (in jail). Others present: A. Mizrahi (ASA) & P. Karody (def). Waiver of speedy trial. Court Order granting defendant's unopposed Motion to disclose Grand Jury testimony Next pretrial hearing on 2/2/24 @ 9am.
1/11/24 Update: Notice of issuance of subpoena Duces Tecum. 1/23/24 Update: Subpoena Duces Tecum. 1/24/24 Update: Cancelled pretrial hearing on 2/1/24 & reset on 2/7/24 @ 9am.
2/5/24 Update: Motion to set bond.
*Mario Enrique Fernandez Saldana (34/now 35) arrested (in Kissimmee, Orange County, 3/22/23) & charged & indicted (3/16/23) & arraigned (4/4/23) with 1st degree murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder, solicitation to commit a capital felony & child abuse. In Orange County jail waiting for transfer to Jacksonville in Duval County. Transferred to Duval County on 3/22/23. Held without bond. Plead not guilty. DA will seek the DP.
Trial set to begin on 4/13/24.
Judge London M. Kite. State attorney Christina Simak Stiller. Defense attorneys Frank John Tassone, Jr., Jesse Driecer & James Hill.

Case & court info from 3/16/23 thru 12/1/23 reference post #268 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-feb-2022-3-arrests-1-guilty-2.689030/page-14

12/11/23 Update: Monday the defense said it needs more time to review the materials provided by the prosecution. The judge set pretrial hearing on 2/2/24 @ 9am.
1/15/24 Update: Defendant's First notice of taking depositions. 1/24/24 Update: Cancelled pretrial hearing on 2/1/24 & reset on 2/7/24 @ 9am.
*Henry Arthur Tenon (61/now 62) – Plead guilty (3/17/23) to 2nd degree murder & will testify against Saldana & Gardner. Status hearing on 3/4/24.

Meanwhile, Gardner's attorney Patrick Korody pushed for a bond hearing to seek her release, stating the confidentiality issue is no fault of her own. Both defendants have no bond.

Judge London Kite decided to schedule another hearing for Feb. 14 a day after Korody said he would be getting depositions from Secret Service and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive agents.

Shanna's mom makes me ill. She should be utterly ashamed of herself for keeping the children away from Jared's parents. She also seems to have no shame involved with supporting her awful daughter. JMHO
I have felt the same since day 1. She is a powerful woman behind all the smiling family photos. I expect her to try to ramrod this trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleAnimalGirl
Back